• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Made a new Chrome Extension: Replace the words you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
yVjyV.png

I can get used to this

Well, for now it's case sensitive. Also, for now it only works on text that appears immediately as the page is loaded.

Also did you save?

Like Razorskin said, only worked after reboot. Also when I edited the post it was back to the original one for some reason.

I'm gonna replace nicknames with stuff like "Played TF2 with, cool dude". Cause I keep forgetting who is who. Specially when people change avatars lol

aett

I think I might use it to change "the" to "da" on my wife's computer. She takes online classes full of idiots who can't spell or use proper grammar, so I wonder how long it'll take her to notice.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
This will only result in evil, Juice.

You've opened Pandora's Box in an attempt to save us, but you've damned us all.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
This is glorious. One victim so far, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Platy

I wonder if it works with the forum code ... in this way mods could replace banned words like "trap" and stuffs like that with "trap" to make modding easy

on a related note, how does people make the words red ?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wonder if it works with the forum code ... in this way mods could replace banned words like "trap" and stuffs like that with "trap" to make modding easy

No need to worry about us. ;)

on a related note, how does people make the words red ?

[highlight]text in GAF's BBCode
<span style="color:red;">text</span> in HTML

N4Us

I want to replace 'hipster' once and for all but I see that on GAF like a million times a day so I'm unsure what would make it tolerable.

At least I never have to see 'Friendzone' again.

Is there a way to make the replacement conditional based on additional text within the body of the message? For instance, while I would normally not mind seeing the words "Retina Display" or "retina," I find it bothersome when either term is used to discuss the screen of the new iPad. In those cases I'd like to replace "retina" with "somewhat high resolution," if possible.

I have no experience with coding, so I don't know if this is doable or not as a Chrome extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom