• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madonna's MDNA |OT| Her exquisite oyster display and reductive garnishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
More majestic shades incoming.

03-04-201210-04-25PM.png

iGP8TSCPCEV1a.gif

MDNA is #1 in the US with 360K sold.

Her highest debut since Music (which had a #1 single supporting it)

Her 5th consecutive #1 album in the US

iiHWkRmI53Iy5.gif

Where are YOUR faves today?

iEFHMllITCEi0.gif

This rumor gives me LYFE.

Tour Setlist

01- Gang Bang : Western and blood in this performance
02- Bedtime Story : Madonna dance tango with 2 males in this perfomance
03- Give it 2 Me : 60s groovy twist version and amazing dance
04- Revolver : Madonna and 2 girls are nuns with guns
05- Open Your Heart : nuns and priests are erotic dancers in this espectacular and polemic performance

06- Beautiful Killer : first part of Madonna´s Angels (inspired in Charlie´s Angels)
07- Im Sinner : second part of Madonna´s Angels
08- Sorry/Get Together : Madonna are movie star (Simulate 60s Cinema)
09- Give Me All Your Luvin : Inocent and Dirty version AMAZING AND EPIC PERFORMANCE
10- Everybody : salsa, pop, rock and tango sounds in this perfomance

SETLIST 23 OR 24 SONGS (Transgression, Madonna´s Angels and Western Blood are sections of tour)

PLEASE be true.

devilru

Neo Member
Will be interesting to see if this album manages to hit Platinum without a proper hit single, GMAYL was in the Hot 100 top 10 for like 1 week right?

tmarques

Will be interesting to see if this album manages to hit Platinum without a proper hit single, GMAYL was in the Hot 100 top 10 for like 1 week right?

Yeah, it's an impressive debut, but without a hit single and with Madonna apparently not bothering to promote it, I'm afraid it will drop like a rock.

I forgot Madonna was on twitter again :(

Did I miss anything?

This rumor gives me LYFE.

Tour Setlist

01- Gang Bang : Western and blood in this performance
02- Bedtime Story : Madonna dance tango with 2 males in this perfomance
03- Give it 2 Me : 60s groovy twist version and amazing dance
04- Revolver : Madonna and 2 girls are nuns with guns
05- Open Your Heart : nuns and priests are erotic dancers in this espectacular and polemic performance

06- Beautiful Killer : first part of Madonna´s Angels (inspired in Charlie´s Angels)
07- Im Sinner : second part of Madonna´s Angels
08- Sorry/Get Together : Madonna are movie star (Simulate 60s Cinema)
09- Give Me All Your Luvin : Inocent and Dirty version AMAZING AND EPIC PERFORMANCE
10- Everybody : salsa, pop, rock and tango sounds in this perfomance

SETLIST 23 OR 24 SONGS (Transgression, Madonna´s Angels and Western Blood are sections of tour)

PLEASE be true.

I wish she would just forget about Everybody.

CNN does Madonna justice.

Why Madonna still leads, others follow

Her 12th CD, "MDNA" debuted No. 1 on the album chart and she has two singles on the dance-chart Top 10. She's 53 and the clubs are banging her new stuff, including "Give Me All Your Luvin," which became her 38th top 10 hit on the pop chart. For those of you keeping score, that's more than Elvis, more than The Beatles. I'm not saying she's better, but clearly she's done -- correction -- doing more.
Of course, Houston was the former model with a voice for the ages, while Madonna was the thin-voiced tart rolling around on the floor of the MTV music awards in a wedding dress proclaiming that she felt like a virgin. If anyone might have been expected to meet a desperate, tragic end, back then the safe money would have been on Madonna. And yet Houston's gone, Michael Jackson's gone, Prince is semi-retired and everyone else, with the exception of U2, is making their money off nostalgia.
Meanwhile, Madonna has methodically become, arguably, the greatest recording artist of all time. Who would've thunk it?
As for the music, her latest CD is not breaking any new ground, but it does remind everyone who owns the ground Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce and others are walking on. In fact, each time they receive a royalty check, they should be sending Madonna a cut.

LINK

tumblr_ly9o1kEGmL1r3rn17o2_250.gif

Nemesis_

Really? Did anyone think Madonna would met a tragic end? =/ That article just seems to be written so poorly and full of cliches. >_>

Really? Did anyone think Madonna would met a tragic end? =/ That article just seems to be written so poorly and full of cliches. >_>

Judging by the unwarranted vitriol from queens on the internet, it would seem that people WANT her to meet a tragic end.

The haters remained pressed. For almost 30 years.

IceCold

"Madonna "MDNA" Will Have Biggest Second Week Drop in Chart History"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfr...ve-biggest-second-week-drop-in-chart-history/

Madonna‘s “MDNA” album had the biggest second week drop in chart history last week, I am told. When all the numbers are in on Tuesday night, “MDNA” will have fallen from number 1 by 88%–from 359,000 copies in its first week to roughly 46,000 the second week. Wow. The first week’s sales, as I revealed exclusively (and then the New York Post lifted it from us), most of Madonna’s first week sales were CDs that were included in the sale of concert tickets. That promotion artificially inflated Madonna’s numbers, putting her first before Lionel Richie and his “Tuskegee” album.

ouch

"Madonna "MDNA" Will Have Biggest Second Week Drop in Chart History"

The tour cant come quit enough. It's dificult to say how much impact it will have in the long run as far as sales is concerned.

This is from a REAL music source said:
“Madonna earns her record-extending 42nd No. 1 on Billboard’s Dance/Club Play Songs chart, as “Girl Gone Wild” zips 4-1. (All charts will be refreshed Thursday (April 12) on Billboard.com).

The song is the second topper from Madonna’s 12th studio album, “MDNA,” which bowed atop the Billboard 200 last week with 359,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Just three weeks ago, the set’s first single, “Give Me All Your Luvin’,” featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., reached the chart’s summit.

The speedy return to the survey’s top spot grants Madonna her quickest span of back-to-back No. 1s. She had previously linked faster consecutive No. 1s when “Vogue” ruled just seven weeks after “Keep It Together” in 1990.

Madonna extends her lead for the most No. 1s in the Dance/Club Play Songs chart’s 35-year history, pulling further away from runner-up Janet Jackson, who has 19. Beyonce follows with 18 No. 1s, trailed by Rihanna (17), Kristine W (16), Mariah Carey (16) and Whitney Houston (15).

With her latest leader, Madonna also tallies her record-padding 73rd week atop the ranking.”

From Madonnarama.com

THE MDNA WORLD TOUR 2012 – Setlist Spoilers – EXCLUSIVE !!!

The MDNA World Tour will open on May 29th in Tel Aviv and, thanks to our sources, Madonnarama has learned some new info on the setlist Madonna is currently rehearsing for the tour!

If you don’t want any spoilers, look away now, if you can’t wait for the exclusive, then enjoy…

Keep in mind that Madonna is currently in rehearsals and that the final setlist might include some changes.

The MDNA Tour opens up with religious chants that lead into Girl Gone Wild. Just like the album version it includes the Act of Contrition intro and also has a new instrumental part featuring whip-sounds and even some Material Girl lyrics. Then comes Revolver featuring Lil Wayne, who will appear in the backdrop video, followed by Gang Bang. The fourth title on the setlist is the first real surprise: an edited version of Papa Don’t Preach!

Hung up has completely been reworked to fit the theme of the MDNA tour and next up is guitar-heavy I Don’t Give A featuring Nicki Minaj.
Some of you might have noticed similarities between Best Friend and Heartbeat from the Hard Candy album. You’re not the only ones, because the tour version now includes more Heartbeat references and even some lyrics.

Express Yourself has some HUGE surprises that will have everyone talking, but we won’t spoil these for the moment. After this we go into the Just Blaze remix of Give me all your Luvin’, followed by Turn up the Radio.

Another surprise on the setlist is a completely reinvented version of Open Your Heart, which is followed by a track from the MDNA album, Falling Free. The tour version is very similar to the album version, but has a more prominent violin sound.

The second part of the show also includes a totally reinvented version of the William Orbit remix of Justify my Love, including new lyrics, and a Nobody Knows Me video interlude.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en...012-setlist-spoilers-exclusive/#ixzz1rheUoSrt

Express Yourself = Reduct Yourself?

Album is really bombing, one of biggest or biggest drop offs in second week sales ever. The fact that numbers are artificially inflated because it was bundled with ticket sales is more embarrassing

And sadly, deservedly so

http://www.billboard.com/column/the...eils-madonna-inspired-bottle-1006747752.story

Diet Coke has unveiled a new line of fashionable bottles, one of which draws inspiration from Madonna's infamous cone bra ensemble.

Famed French designer John Paul Gaultier -- the man who created Madge's iconic 1990 outfit -- was recently appointed the creative director of Diet Coke. His first order of business was to create the new bottles, showing off not only the Queen of Pop's signature look, but his own: white and blue stripes.

The cream-colored Madonna bottle, which has no official tie to the singer, is painted with a fishnet corset and, of course, cone bra.

Coke has long been a partner to fashion, having worked with Karl Lagerfeld and Dolce and Gabbana in the past, but now the cola brand is taking it a step further, mixing music history and style into one campaign.

Unfortunately for American Madonna fans, the John Paul Gaultier bottles are for a European campaign, and therefore won't be available in the U.S. Watch a TV spot for the new Coke campaign below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t2EGlHt9rFI

RUMOUR : “THE FINAL SETLIST” FOR MDNA TOUR 2012 ?

TRANSGRESSION SECTION
Act Of Contrition (Religious Introduction)
Girl Gone Wild (incl. Material Girl lyrics)
Revolver
Gang Bang
Papa Don’t Preach
Nobody Knows Me (Interlude)

THE SIXTIES SECTION
I’m A Sinner
Everybody
B-Day Song
Give It 2 Me

TANGO SECTION
Open Your Heart (incl. Kalakan’s “Sagarra Jo”)
Falling Free
La Isla Bonita
Justify My Love

ELECTRONIC SECTION
Hung Up
I Don’t Give A
Best Friend (incl. Heartbeat lyrics)
Express Yourself (incl. other popstar lyrics)
Give Me All Your Luvin
Turn Up The Radio

Source : MadonnaWorld Tour2012

NO NO NO!

Why are Best Friend, B-Day Song and La Isla Bonita there??? That whole tango section after Open Your Heart. This better be false.

notlikethis3rxq.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Good God, I'd be pissed right now if I had splurged on tickets and that setlist ends up being accurate. Three-quarters of the night devoted to songs from the Awful Aughts albums? What a hot mess.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
have I entered a world where "I'm addicted" isn't the best song on her album by a mile?

why the hell would she not put it in her set list or release it as a single?

Koodo

Banned
Well, at least B-Day Song is halfway through the setlist. Perfect time for a bathroom break.

have I entered a world where "I'm addicted" isn't the best song on her album by a mile?

And Love Spent isn't on there either.

Let's be real. I'm Addicted is an amazing club track but it would do nothing on radio airplay which is what the album is sorely lacking. No reason for it to be missing from the tour setlist however. It is flawless.

I can't wait for the inevitable MDNA remix album.

Vomiaouaf

Agreed. Killer bass lines. Probably the only song on it that I didn't get tired of yet. Love Spent and Superstar are quite catchy, too; but overall quite disappointed by the album... Lots of boring fillers. Not much uniformity in terms of production, definitely feels like way too many people got involved.

tmarques

NO NO NO!

Why are Best Friend, B-Day Song and La Isla Bonita there??? That whole tango section after Open Your Heart. This better be false.

notlikethis3rxq.gif

Love La Isla Bonita as much as the next guy, but for crying out loud, she needs to give it a f*cking rest for at least one tour.

Happy to see Justify My Love.

Any chance those Gambler rumours are true? Now that might convince me to buy a ticket rather than wait for the Blu-Ray.

And... Best Friend and B-Day song, two songs that are pretty much B-side material from her latest album, but no I'm Addicted or Love Spent? Fishy.

There's 1992 Madonna and there's 2012 Madonna. She wouldn't even own up to the Molly comment, for crying out loud.

This is true but in her concerts she does whatever she pleases everyone else be damned. I honestly think she would do it as a homage, not a shade.

LINK

Madonna on being a single mom: 'I'm not as tough as I should be'
By Randee Dawn

She's been an international entertainment superstar for 30 years, but Madonna has another super role in her life: She's a mom of four. And as she told "Rock Center's" Harry Smith in an exclusive interview, glimpsing a photo of her 15-year-old daughter, Lourdes, puffing away on a cigarette recently was not a happy mom moment.

"(I) wasn't very happy," she said, admitting she's a tough parent, "but honestly, I don't think I'm as tough as I should be. I think I need to be maybe tougher. It's hard -- every day is a negotiation. But cigarette smoking I'm not very fond of -- for anyone."

Sure, Madonna smoked in a recent video, but when Smith pointed that out, she fired back with a small smile, "I don't smoke. That's just an accessory, Harry. There's a difference. (Lourdes) smoked that cigarette before I did that video!"

Smith stopped by TODAY Wednesday to share select clips from his exclusive interview with Madonna, and showcased one where she spoke about, well, being Madonna. "It must be hard, because I complain all the time," she said. "It's pretty challenging. But so far I've survived with sanity and humor intact."

But her kids are seeing a different Madonna from the ones fans know. She explained that they get the version "that comes home and says, 'Have you done your homework?' and 'Why are you wearing that?' and 'Why did you say that?' and 'What are you eating that for?'"

Check out more of Harry Smith's chat with Madonna on "Rock Center with Brian Williams" tonight at 9 p.m. ET.

She looks tired from rehersals. No wonder she's not doing promotion. All the 20-something starlets without kids can afford to go everywhere to promo new albums all over the place. This Madonna may not be the one her lunatic 'fans' may want but I prefer she pace herself. She's got nothing more to prove.

I respect her work ethic, I'll say that. Bitch is not gonna die on her bed, that's for sure.

sphinx

the piano man
Madonna looks awfully tired :(

like she was struggling to actually care or pay attention to the interviewer, like she had to focus on what he was saying otherwise she would just fall asleep.

Nemesis_

Madonna looks awfully tired :(

like she was struggling to actually care or pay attention to the interviewer, like she had to focus on what he was saying otherwise she would just fall asleep.

The interview apparently was filmed at 11:30pm after a full day of rehearsals. I don't blame her for being tired. >_>

I don't see why the set list couldn't be true. The Sticky and Sweet tour also had almost the complete Hard Candy album in it. The Confessions tour also had the whole COAD album in it.

So why shouldn't she put a lot of her MDNA songs in the set list? And considering her questionable decisions regarding the tracks included on the MDNA album, and the songs she picks as singles, I wouldn't be surprised that the set list for the tour has abortions like B-day Song on it, while I'm Addicted or Love Spent are absent.

Still though, it would hurt me to see no I'm Addicted on the set list. The last minute of that song could be fucking explosive on stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom