• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 PC performance thread

J3nga

64192600.jpg

Not saying the 30fps lock is excusable, but I will say that matters less to me in a single player open world game as long as everything else runs smoothly. If the performance is utter shit though... I'm initiating a refund.

Rhoc

Glad i didn't preorder 30fps lock is unacceptable. I just wait for a patch further down the line which will open it up.

Not saying the 30fps lock is excusable, but I will say that matters less to me in a single player open world game as long as everything else runs smoothly. If the performance is utter shit though... I'm initiating a refund.

30 fps lock arguably is shit performance. not even going to unpack, straight to refund.

Just issued a refund for the game and just halfed the game with a friend for PS4. I'd rather play that version since it seems to have been the lead hardware in development.

Spaghetti

I don't want to throw this off my wishlist because I'm genuinely interested in the game, but you'd think by now major publishers would understand the backlash that comes with a bad PC port.

Tovarisc

Might be a silly question due to the 30 cap but how's performance? I have a 970 so I presume, again, due to the cap, I can max it out and have no fps drops.

Looks nice. Is the 30 fps ok or is it juddery?

From time to time it feels to have judder. Also maybe it's me still being new to how this game controls, but feels tad unresponsive. Had this same feel to responsiveness when I was on old PC and had to run Witcher 3 with 30 lock.

Mostly annoyed by noticeable popin with things like street lights. You can see the lamp, but light effect itself requires you to be somewhat close.

Also fun feature; When I use mouse wheel to swap weapons browser on my 2nd monitor scrolls up and down. When I hold RMB to zoom in with weapon game alt tabs and proceeds to execute right click on desktop.

DagsJT

I'll just get a used PS4 copy. Don't want to give money directly to 2k for this crap. Seriously, FH3 and now this? Have I wasted my money buying a 1070 if devs can't even be arsed getting 60fps on PC nowadays?

So disappointed in 2k.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
what vpn are people using? tunnelbear and flyvpn arent working for me

vyprvpn lifetime limit reached too

Yeah, unfortunately there aren't a lot of free options out there. VPN Gate is another option, and as it relies on people offering their own connections, there are no server or bandwidth limits, but you may not always find an available "server" in your desired location.

jacobeid

Banned
What the fuck? I wouldn't have bought this if I knew they would lock it to 30. Seriously, what in the hell?

Between this and FH3 I'm gonna lose it If it doesn't even run smoothly at 30.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah, unfortunately there aren't a lot of free options out there. VPN Gate is another option, and as it relies on people offering their own connections, there are no server or bandwidth limits, but you may not always find an available "sever" in your desired location.

think ill just wait

Krakn3Dfx

Going to hold out til at least release day before I hit the refund option on Steam. This is getting out there pretty quick in the gaming media, better to wait and see for a few days then to burn a refund on Steam for something that might be quickly patched.

Vuze

Tested. Slows down like gramma crossing the street slows down traffic. It doesn't half the games... speed, but like 60-70% slower.
Welp, I guess there goes any hope for a framerate unlock *shrug*

It's beyond me how this shitty practice is still a thing in 2016.

--R

Banned
Tested. Slows down like gramma crossing the street slows down traffic. It doesn't half the games... speed, but like 60-70% slower.

They fucking did it. How can someone fuck up a game so hard it's something I can't understand.

Yep. Confirms what I thought. The physics and animations are tied to the frame rate. No reason to lock to 30fps otherwise.

Those hoping for a fix, well I wouldn't hold your breath.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Mafia started as a PC franchise too, what a shame. I figured it was going to be trash when it changed from 2k Czech, hate to be proven right.

jacobeid

Banned
Does it run decently at 30 at least? I'm done buying new games. Not even day one games I'm done buying games in the first few months. Can pick it up for cheap and at that point the bugs are fixed and you get a better game.

This industry is so fucked up.

Corpekata

Banned
Trying logic to FPS doesn't even make sense on consoles when they are having performance issues. Like, a locked FPS game, I KINDA see why they might do it even if it was stupid as fuck, but if your game is gonna drop to 24 FPS on XBOX one, it makes little sense to tie logic to framerate.

Moff

glad I didn't preorder, with 30fps I won't even buy it at a sale, this just feels like a "fuck you"

shame, I was really looking forward to this, loved the old 2 games and loved the new setting

So what is the actual advantage of tying the game logic to the frame rate other than it just being easier/being lazy?

What does tying "gamelogic to fps" mean? Would everything accelerate if it ran at 60?

Yes. Everything would move way too fast and the game would be unplayable in essence. Look up NFS Rivals on PC to get an idea.

Quirah

30 FPS lock and those screenshots with bad textures... Already thinking about refund even before I download the game. I wanna see the story but I don't want to pay to developers like this.

ldcommando

Banned
unlocked mine using the bear thing. Now I´m downloading the new nvidia driver. Will test the game in a bit. On a 970

Top Bottom