• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Timeaisis

There's only a few possibilities here:

1) RNH AND Ultron are both mafia
2) Both are town
3) RNH is mafia and has a non-kill role

You better post your list of information quick, RNH.

ultron87

It is certainly possible he's the mafia role blocker or something like that. Palmer, if he has the claimed Do Nothing role, wouldn't know he was blocked.

Zatoth

2) Both are town

4) Ultron is mafia and has a non-kill role

or am I missing something? Basically we are not smarter than before.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's 5-5 with 4 minutes left. As a reminder, tied votes end in no lynch.

El Topo

2) Both are town

I've had both of them on my list of suspicious players, but I don't believe the mafia would pull off such a last-minute maneuver (although it's possible ultron87 or both are lying).

I've already screwed things up for us I guess, sorry RNH (unless you're fooling us off, in which case...well...that would be one hell of a trick). I really want to lynch someone, I really like my theory, but it seems I've been overruled.

Vote: No Lynch.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Vote Count |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Lynch: 6 / 10 [tomakasatnav, ultron87, RobotNinjaHornets, Lord of Castamere, traube, El Topo]
RobotNinjaHornets: 4 / 10 [Quantumbro, Timeaisis, Zippedpinhead, Palmer_v1]

At the deadline, no option had a majority of the votes. Instead, No Lynch had a plurality of the votes and the day ended without a lynch.

Night 6 has begun. Night 6 will end on Friday 6th March at approximately 23:00 GMT.

Please do not post in this thread until Night 6 has finished.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I got the last of the prod responses yesterday, but yesterday and today I only have mobile access to GAF and can't finish the results up properly. My sincere apologies to everyone who got their stuff in on time. I will be back home by 6:30 GMT tomorrow and the update should follow that very shortly.

El Topo

I got the last of the prod responses yesterday, but yesterday and today I only have mobile access to GAF and can't finish the results up properly. My sincere apologies to everyone who got their stuff in on time. I will be back home by 6:30 GMT tomorrow and the update should follow that very shortly.

Don't worry, you're doing a great job and we're all thankful for it. Sorry for posting during the night.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Night 6 has ended. During the night, nin1000 the Medical Student was killed.

Welcome!

You are a Medical Student.

You are aligned with the Tourists.

You are a trainee medical student, who sought a nice vacation before a return to study - but it looks like you may get a medical test sooner than you expected. Once per night phase, you may visit one player by PMing me with the command SAVE: Crab. Should that player have been the target of another action that phase which kills, they will not die as a result. You may not self-visit. If you save someone successfully, the thread will be informed that person was saved successfully but they will not be informed of your identity.

You win when only Tourist-aligned players remain.

The game thread is here.

EDIT: The wording of this PM has been changed to be more specific. Where it once read:

"Should that player have been the target of another action that phase which kills, they will not die as a result. You may not self-visit. If you save someone successfully, the thread will be informed that person was saved successfully but they will not be informed of your identity."

it should instead read:

"Should that player have been the target of another action that phase which kills, they will not be affected as a result. You may not self-visit. If you prevent someone from being outright killed that phase, the thread will be informed that person was saved successfully but they will not be informed of your identity."

This clarification was made 10/03 DD/MM.

Day 7 has begun. Day 7 will end on Tuesday 17th March at approximately 22:00 GMT.

You may now resume posting.

(there will be a flavour text edited in shortly, I just figured you guys would want this up ASAP. Sorry for the delay, although in fairness if everyone with night actions had got their actions in on time I wouldn't have been away. To everyone else, my sincere apologies)

ultron87

Crap. Nin was the third person that visited Timeaisis on Night 2 along with Karkador and QuantumBro.

We didn't get told that anyone was successfully saved that night. So that certainly throws the original "two were town, one was Mafia" theory for a loop.

No one visited QuantumBro last night.

I'll definitely have to think/rethink on some stuff with this new info. Wanted to get all my info out as soon as possible without much theorizing first though.

Timeaisis

Crap. Nin was the third person that visited Timeaisis on Night 2 along with Karkador and QuantumBro.

We didn't get told that anyone was successfully saved that night. So that certainly throws the original "two were town, one was Mafia" theory for a loop.

No one visited QuantumBro last night.

I'll definitely have to think/rethink on some stuff with this new info. Wanted to get all my info out as soon as possible without much theorizing first though.

Whoa. Interesting development.

That means that Kark and Quantum are not killers, because we would've got the "SAVE" notification from Crab.

Unless...Crab can you clarify something for me? If Person A was visited by a killer and a doctor AND a medical student who both protected him, would one have priority over the other? Would we still be notified that the medical student "saved?" Person A? Or would the doctor "protect" Person A and the medical student effectively has no effect?

Palmer_v1

Damn, that's a powerful role gone.

I would have switched my vote from Robot during the previous phase if he had posted a full list of activities, but I'm still suspicious that he didn't/hasn't.

Why role claim to stop a lynch vote so late in the day, and then further risk death by Mafia before actually DOING anything that helps town?

Also, another single death night. A kill might have been blocked somehow, skipped, or they could legitimately be down to only one possible kill a night. Too many variables to feel confident about any of them.

I'm curious why nin1000 was targeted. An unlucky target swap, maybe?

Zatoth

Damn.

Hornets list better be good.

I'd also like to propose something:

El Topo is right that not lynching is a bad move for us. It just gives the Mafia more time to takes us out one by one during the night.

That's why I'd say that everybody has to vote to lynch someone from now on. To vote "No Lynch" or not voting should not be an option anymore.

Anyone who does so should be lynched. Unless you can tell me a reason why we should do nothing during the day phase?

Zatoth

Why role claim to stop a lynch vote so late in the day, and then further risk death by Mafia before actually DOING anything that helps town?

Doubt that Mafia targeted Hornets this night. He was most likely protected by someone this night.

But you are right. He should have posted a list with his targets before the day ended.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Unless...Crab can you clarify something for me? If Person A was visited by a killer and a doctor AND a medical student who both protected him, would one have priority over the other? Would we still be notified that the medical student "saved?" Person A? Or would the doctor "protect" Person A and the medical student effectively has no effect?

You would not be notified that the person was saved if they were targeted by a killer if it were also true that they would have not died that night anyway regardless of the actions of the medical student. I can't comment more specifically on the existence of other roles/their relative priority, though.

Timeaisis

Damn, that's a powerful role gone.

I would have switched my vote from Robot during the previous phase if he had posted a full list of activities, but I'm still suspicious that he didn't/hasn't.

Also, another single death night. A kill might have been blocked somehow, skipped, or they could legitimately be down to only one possible kill a night. Too many variables to feel confident about any of them.

I'm curious why nin1000 was targeted. An unlucky target swap, maybe?

Honestly, hornets is my #1 suspect right now. He hasn't spoken since he deflected his lynch, he never gave us an actual list of people he has targeted, nor any information except that he is some role. Ultron did confirm hornets did indeed target you on night 3 and you did not die, but it's very possible hornets is a mafia non-kill role looking for information. The whole exchange a few days ago was highly suspect. I'm gonna need that list. We need more info before we can make a call on hornets, and each passing hour we don't get that information makes him more and more suspect in my eyes. Like he just made something up to save himself.

Other than that, I'm starting to suspect QuantumBro again. He hasn't died yet, even though he has a very powerful role. Have we outwitted the mafia that well in protecting exactly who they would be targeting, and they've just chosen to ignore QuantumBro? I don't know. Furthermore, he said he would protect hornets just before last night began, which seemed like a weird move to me. It was the last thing said.

I'll protect RNH tonight.

I mean, why? RNH wasn't proven to be mafia, nor town. If he would have died, so what? Is it worth switching him with some other random person that is equally likely to have been town/mafia? That gains us nothing, especially when we already decided (by that point) to not lynch.

I'm starting to suspect that QuantumBro is a really, really good mafia player, the way he's potentially manipulating the game with his claims. We're basing a lot of our theories on him being a town-aligned switcher. But that above comment makes me suspicious.

well the good news is that Nin1000 never saved anyone. so it means that any assumptions on the secondary killer role (like kill restrictions, and who they targeted) can still be accurate.

Due to snow where I live last wednesday, I was late to the whole "RNH has a role and is going to claim business" (started a post on my phone when I got in the car, and posted when I got home too late).

Karkador, since you are still alive do you feel comfortable saying who you saved two nights ago?

CRAB - When the game is over, will we get a list of night actions? I think that would be fascinating...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
whoops

:(

Okay, I have a confession to make. At the start of the last day, I didn't reveal important information. ultron87 was successfully saved during Night 5; this information should have been revealed at the start of Day 6. I'm very sorry for not spotting this earlier. I've redoubled back very carefully going through every PM and action and checked every single night and day just to make sure that I've not made any other mistakes, and I haven't. If this has significantly changed the course of the game, I am very deeply sorry. From what I can judge, it doesn't appear to have done given only a day and a night have passed and I hope very much that I've put this in before disrupting things earlier.

EDIT: @Zipped; yes, there will be a full list of night actions. I type them up and record them precisely so I don't make mistakes like the above, unfortunately I missed one because it is passive and not active.

Palmer_v1

I don't think it would have affected much beyond people's targets for last night, and that would have affected both sides to some degree. It does help clarify why there were no deaths that night. I have to think about what else it could mean in regards to people possibly lying about roles.

Edit: crab asked me to edit this post to remove his quote. My own content is unchanged.

Timeaisis

whoops

:(

Okay, I have a confession to make. At the start of the last day, I didn't reveal important information. ultron87 was successfully saved during Night 5; this information should have been revealed at the start of Day 6. I'm very sorry for not spotting this earlier. I've redoubled back very carefully going through every PM and action and checked every single night and day just to make sure that I've not made any other mistakes, and I haven't. If this has significantly changed the course of the game, I am very deeply sorry. From what I can judge, it doesn't appear to have done given only a day and a night have passed and I hope very much that I've put this in before disrupting things earlier.

EDIT: @Zipped; yes, there will be a full list of night actions. I type them up and record them precisely so I don't make mistakes like the above, unfortunately I missed that part of nin's role because it is passive and not active.

No sweat. I don't think it would have changed anything, except confirming our already pretty solid suspicion that we have a doctor-type role. Thanks for letting us know, Crab! :)

Anyway, considering nin1000 protected Ultron, we know he was targeted. Which means...what? Hmm...I'm not sure. It's not surprising in the least that Ultron was targeted, and it shores up why there were no deaths on that night. Ultron was protected by nin (that's one), and maybe someone else protected someone else. I'd think Karkador, or maybe QuantumBro.

ultron87

Oh geez.

Thanks for the save Nin, wherever you are. Sorry I couldn't do anymore to keep you alive besides not naming your name.

I wonder if the Mafia has a role similar to mine that can see who it would've been that saved me. That would explain how they sniped Nin out of the crowd.

El Topo

El Topo is right that not lynching is a bad move for us. It just gives the Mafia more time to takes us out one by one during the night.

Not lynching anybody can be a good move, depending on the situation (number of players left, known information, roles). I'm under the impression though that we have gotten very little information (at least publicly), in which case not lynching anyone is not beneficial.

Given my "success" last time I'll probably hold back a bit with accusations for now.

Oh geez.

Thanks for the save Nin, wherever you are. Sorry I couldn't do anymore to keep you alive besides not naming your name.

I wonder if the Mafia has a role similar to mine that can see who it would've been that saved me. That would explain how they sniped Nin out of the crowd.

That is a good theory, they could always use them on the person they target, and then if that person doesn't die, they target the other person and mark them for death. This ALSO gives us insight into Duress's death, maybe the mafia did this night one on Duress and when he didn't die (and wasn't targeted) they assumed he was the doctor and targeted him again.
mindblown

So Potential mafia roles are: Role Blocker, Mafia Spy (like you Ultron), Someone who can not die at night (only if the secondary killer is tourist aligned), secondary killer (only if there is not someone who can not die at night). Does three Mafia roles sound reasonable? that would probably mean 5, 6 or maybe 7 mafia out of the remaining 19 of us?

And my big "Secondary killer can only kill on alternating nights" theory is still in play. Just with the caveat that Nin1000 saved Ultron on that night, instead of the Role Blocker blocking the secondary killer.

Vote: Karkador

So we have two doctor-esque roles that both happened to visit the exact same person on night 2, I find that hard to believe. Also, I can't believe that we would have two doctor-esque roles in a game where there is clearly only one Mafia kill a night. Obviously Karkador didn't try to kill Timeaisis that night since we didn't get a notification that anyone was saved by Nin, but that doesn't mean he can't be a support role for the Mafia.

Other than that, I'm starting to suspect QuantumBro again. He hasn't died yet, even though he has a very powerful role. Have we outwitted the mafia that well in protecting exactly who they would be targeting, and they've just chosen to ignore QuantumBro? I don't know. Furthermore, he said he would protect hornets just before last night began, which seemed like a weird move to me. It was the last thing said.

I mean, why? RNH wasn't proven to be mafia, nor town. If he would have died, so what? Is it worth switching him with some other random person that is equally likely to have been town/mafia? That gains us nothing, especially when we already decided (by that point) to not lynch.

I'm starting to suspect that QuantumBro is a really, really good mafia player, the way he's potentially manipulating the game with his claims. We're basing a lot of our theories on him being a town-aligned switcher. But that above comment makes me suspicious.

Trust me, I'm just as surprised as you are for why I keep living. However, if you look at who the Mafia has been targeting since I revealed my role, it's other people who have a powerful role as well, such as ultron and nin. Perhaps they think it's more important to kill the investigator and doctor before me.

As for protecting RNH, I only did so because the town vote made it clear that they believed RNH's role claim and wanted to see the notes, so I made sure RHN wasn't killed. You'l note, I didn't switch my vote when she roleclaimed since I was waiting for her to produce her notes which she never did. If you're looking at anyone with suspicion, it should be the ones who switched their vote at the last minute.

As for protecting RNH, I only did so because the town vote made it clear that they believed RNH's role claim and wanted to see the notes, so I made sure RHN wasn't killed. You'l note, I didn't switch my vote when she roleclaimed since I was waiting for her to produce her notes which she never did. If you're looking at anyone with suspicion, it should be the ones who switched their vote at the last minute.

Who did you switch him with? I'm interested

And my big "Secondary killer can only kill on alternating nights" theory is still in play. Just with the caveat that Nin1000 saved Ultron on that night, instead of the Role Blocker blocking the secondary killer.

I think your theory has fallen apart with the news we learned today. The only time Nin protected someone successfully was on Night 5. Timeaisis wan't targeted on Night 2, otherwise we would have gotten a notification the next day. I'm convinced that there are a few one time kill roles scattered throughout the village and mafia players.

Who did you switch him with? I'm interested

AbsolutBro. Which means the Mafia didn't target RNH last night.

I think your theory has fallen apart with the news we learned today. The only time Nin protected someone successfully was on Night 5. Timeaisis wan't targeted on Night 2, otherwise we would have gotten a notification the next day. I'm convinced that there are a few one time kill roles scattered throughout the village and mafia players.

Assuming Karkador wasn't lying, the nights where two people were targeted are 1, 3, and 5 (1 was Duress and Barrylocke, 3 was Ward and Foshy, 5 was ultron97 and either karkador protected the second kill or he was targeted and Traube is a bulletproof character). If karkador was lying, then you are most likely right and we just had a few of one off kills. Night 2 only Barrylocke died, and Night 4 only irfaanator died, and night 6 only Nin1000 died. That is REALLY consistent. the only odd night out would be 5 but it still works if Karkador saved the other kill

AbsolutBro. Which means the Mafia didn't target RNH last night.

Thanks

Karkador

Banned
Two votes for me, from players with roles that have zero corroborating evidence. You know, nothing actually supports the idea that QuantumBro has ever switched anyone (or the people he has claimed to switch).

Before you vote, I'd like to know the rationale, especially in light of what we just learned about nin's role.

Palmer_v1

Two votes for me, from players with roles that have zero corroborating evidence. You know, nothing actually supports the idea that QuantumBro has ever switched anyone (or the people he has claimed to switch).

Before you vote, I'd like to know the rationale, especially in light of what we just learned about nin's role.

Sorry for being inactive this round; real life got a lot busier, and I haven't had a lot of time to think about Mafia, let alone post on GAF.

The lack of deaths last night can seem a bit perplexing, since multiple variables are still in play; but I do think that someone may have exercised their right to not kill- or maybe there is still someone among us who can survive night attack

As for who I healed last night, I think I'm going to not say it this this time, as a little experiment. Also, I'd rather not give away who the killers are free to target tonight.

I will, however, remind people that I can't heal the same target twice in a row.

With that said, here is a reminder of who I healed before last night:

Night 1 - Myself
Night 2 - Timeaisis
Night 3 - Myself
Night 4 - Palmer

Ultron, I don't like that we have to keep arguing about this, despite how clear it is that I'm trying to help you. I backed you up because I think your story checks out, and I want the Town to have something they can rely on. Again, if I had not backed you up, it would have only made you persecute me harder, anyway - and if I had not backed you up, you wouldn't seem as credible to other players.

Let me put this another way - if I was mafia, I probably would have killed you already. Sorry to be blunt about that, but I'm much more interested in having you live.

Bolded for emphasis. I think you (and the rest of the mafia) did try and kill ultron, but were stumped by nin1000 as we now know.

You also failed to vote yesterday which is not helpful to the tourists.

Plus the stuff about two doctors makes sense to me.

Wait, what? Who did I get switched with for what now?

I just switched you and RNH during the night. Anything that would've happened to you instead happened to RNH and vice versa. Everything is back to normal now.

It's almost like you completely ignored what I wrote...

Vote: Karkador

So we have two doctor-esque roles that both happened to visit the exact same person on night 2, I find that hard to believe. Also, I can't believe that we would have two doctor-esque roles in a game where there is clearly only one Mafia kill a night. Obviously Karkador didn't try to kill Timeaisis that night since we didn't get a notification that anyone was saved by Nin, but that doesn't mean he can't be a support role for the Mafia.

And now I'd like to add something to that, nothing actually supports the idea that Karkador has ever protected anyone (or the people he has claimed to protect).

Bolded for emphasis. I think you (and the rest of the mafia) did try and kill ultron, but were stumped by nin1000 as we now know.

Nice catch there Palmer.

Karkador

Banned

You also failed to vote yesterday which is not helpful to the tourists.

Plus the stuff about two doctors makes sense to me.

Mafia wouldn't have known about nin, either, as everyone was just made aware of it today. All of us have zero control over Crab forgetting to announce things, so I don't think anybody could have made my statement as a bluff on the premise that someone would reveal ultron was attacked and spared.

Karkador

Banned
And now I'd like to add something to that, nothing actually supports the idea that Karkador has ever protected anyone (or the people he has claimed to protect).

There are nights with less than two kills, and even a night with no kills. I've stated my list of heals multiple times.

There are nights with less than two kills, and even a night with no kills. I've stated my list of heals multiple times.

Your list means about as much as mine does without any evidence showing that someone was protected on those nights. Would you be able to tell me the differences between your role and Nin's?

Timeaisis

For the record, by my count, neither odd you have has an affect on the game (in terms of preventing someone's death).

I do think one of you is lying. I still lean towards QuantumBro. But I'm gathering my thoughts on the matter before jumping onto a vote.

It's still really weird QuantumBro is still alive...

Who'd you protect last night, Kark?

For the record, by my count, neither odd you have has an affect on the game (in terms of preventing someone's death).

I do think one of you is lying. I still lean towards QuantumBro. But I'm gathering my thoughts on the matter before jumping onto a vote.

It's still really weird QuantumBro is still alive...

Who'd you protect last night, Kark?

That's not entirely true. I saved Kalor from dying, for about 12 hours.

My power sends heals through letter owls, of course.

Those damn owls. So are you saying your role works the exact same as Nin's did?

Karkador

Banned
Seriously, though, it's kind of hard to explain - other than that it will be harder without nin around; and for that matter, I don't see the Town winning this game if I get killed at this point.

But let's really slow down and look at a night-by-night review of the deaths and survivals.

Seriously, though, it's kind of hard to explain - other than that it will be harder without nin around; and for that matter, I don't see the Town winning this game if I get killed at this point.

But let's really slow down and look at a night-by-night review of the deaths and survivals.

Karkador, on the night of no deaths who did you save? I'm still convinced that the secondary killer can only kill on odd nights, that requires you to have saved someone that night. Who was it?

In addition to my secondary killer theory (which I think works with both a town aligned vigilante and a mafia "hit-man" character), I have a few other theories. But most of them start with the secondary killer having some sort of restriction.

pants

It cant be that hard, if Crab could explain it to you in PMs then you can explain it to us in the same way.

Karkador, Who did you save two nights ago?

We are jumping on you because most of us assume that Crab would not assign two doctors in one game. Especially since you are still alive, and the one doctor that we KNOW saved someone is dead. This is all sketchy and you need to support your claims.

I can understand if you do not want to say who you saved last night (as it would mean whoever you saved is an instant target to mafia), but I need to know who you saved two nights ago.

Robotninjahornets, you need to come clean.

You were able to turn the tide away from you yesterday, even without posting your list or role claiming. You are still high on my suspicious list, and nothing about your save yesterday proved anything other than you scared us into not killing you.

Top Bottom