• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
RNH Sorry you did role claim, but you did not post your list.

who have you looked at? Who did you look at last night (especially since we have so much to learn)? you Can help collaborate some actions if you JUST POST YOUR LIST!

Timeaisis

RNH Sorry you did role claim, but you did not post your list.

who have you looked at? Who did you look at last night (especially since we have so much to learn)? you Can help collaborate some actions if you JUST POST YOUR LIST!

I'm going to have to agree with this. The fact that we haven't heard from him at all yet is very weird to me.

VOTE: RobotNinjaHornets

Hopefully that will inspire him to come clean.

Timeaisis

Also, it should be known that of course I'm willing to change my vote once RNH explains himself. I just wanted to get that out there that he's still my #1 suspect at this point in time due to last night's shenanigans.

I'm not voting yet, because I think there is a lot to learn from both Karkador and RNH.

If RNH really can see if a given player targets another player then that is most likely a town role, as it benefits us (townies) more to know who looks at/kills/protects who at night vs the Mafia (who already know who is sending in at least 1 of the deaths for the night) and would benefit more from an ulton-like role than what RNH said.

Karkador needs to reveal who he protected on night 5, because of the way he has said his actions work he can reveal this without danger to anyone.

RNH, have you looked at Karkador, Ultron97 or Quantumbro? Also who did palmer look at night 3, he is the town sleepwalker so he should have targeted someone.

Timeaisis

I'm not voting yet, because I think there is a lot to learn from both Karkador and RNH.

If RNH really can see if a given player targets another player then that is most likely a town role, as it benefits us (townies) more to know who looks at/kills/protects who at night vs the Mafia (who already know who is sending in at least 1 of the deaths for the night) and would benefit more from an ulton-like role than what RNH said.

Karkador needs to reveal who he protected on night 5, because of the way he has said his actions work he can reveal this without danger to anyone.

RNH, have you looked at Karkador, Ultron97 or Quantumbro? Also who did palmer look at night 3, he is the town sleepwalker so he should have targeted someone.
Damn good call.

Does Palmer know who he targeted each night? If so, we can solve this predicament quite easily.

We ask RNH who Palmer targeted on Night 3, as you suggested, and Palmer confirms whether or not it was true. Palmer should be targeting (read visit) someone once a night since he's the sleepwalker.

So RNH, who did Palmer target on Night 3?

Damn good call.

Does Palmer know who he targeted each night? If so, we can solve this predicament quite easily.

We ask RNH who Palmer targeted on Night 3, as you suggested, and Palmer confirms whether or not it was true. Palmer should be targeting (read visit) someone once a night since he's the sleepwalker.

Sadly, according to Palmer he does not get a report back on who he visited. I thought I was on to something there for a second...

I still want that list RNH. I want to know if you have peeked people visiting other people...

Palmer_v1

Sadly, according to Palmer he does not get a report back on who he visited. I thought I was on to something there for a second...

I still want that list RNH. I want to know if you have peeked people visiting other people...

I was hoping nobody would remember that. I was going to give rnh some time to respond before saying anything but oh well.

I'm currently okay with voting off rnh or karkador.

Hey guys, apologies for the delay, last couple of days have been super busy with both work and birthdays and I haven't had too much free time to get to this.

Here's the list (apologies about not getting this out before the end of the last day phase, I had other life things to attend to. Damnit life). I'm witholding a couple of names who did target people on these nights, for similar reasons to ultron, (ie. not wanting to either cause a lynch on a power role, or reveal that someone does have a power role and making them a mafia target).

Night 1: Traube - no target
Night 2: REDACTED
Night 3: Palmer - target
Night 4: REDACTED
Night 5: Quantumbro - target
Night 6: Tomakasatnav - no target

As for protecting RNH, I only did so because the town vote made it clear that they believed RNH's role claim and wanted to see the notes, so I made sure RHN wasn't killed. You'l note, I didn't switch my vote when she roleclaimed since I was waiting for her to produce her notes which she never did. If you're looking at anyone with suspicion, it should be the ones who switched their vote at the last minute.

Don't let the long hair and tag fool you, I'm a dood :p

Damn good call.

Sorry man, I don't get who they targeted, just if they have a role. This is part of the reason I left it so late at the end of the last day phase (aside from the obvious target it's put on me), I felt my role will be much more useful later in the game when there are fewer people left.

Karkador - you said yesterday you were going to do an "experiment". Mind bringing us up to speed with what that experiment entailed?

Night 1: Traube - no target
Night 2: REDACTED
Night 3: Palmer - target
Night 4: REDACTED
Night 5: Quantumbro - target
Night 6: Tomakasatnav - no target
we need to work with what we have.

So Nights 2 and 4 someone (or some people) who have not revealed who they are, and who have not yet died, targeted someone.

Have you looked at anyone twice?

Personally, I think there are not many power roles that target left. Mafia roles (goons, with one goon targeting per night), Role Blocker (mafia or tourist), maybe a traditional cop, a mafia spy (like ultron except evil) and Vigilante (mafia or tourist). Based on you and ultron both having roles that tell us information, I am inclined to believe that we do NOT have a traditional cop (i.e. someone who can look at a player and know their role).

By my count, that is a maximum of 4 roles that are not just "voting mafia", and the non-extra action "voting mafia". I think we have between 5-7 mafia in this game.

why not throw the information out there, force the role reveal and let the chips lie? What Tourist targeting roles do we have left that would benefit us that have not revealed? I can only think of tourist vigilante, maybe role blocker, and Traditional cop vs 5+ Mafia goons.

We are rapidly approaching the point where a united mafia will out vote a divided tourist group every day.

Timeaisis

UNVOTE: RobotNinjaHornets

I do think, at this point, it's not in our best to hide information from everyone else. I'd like to know those two other names. Sure, they might be power roles, but they could also be mafia. We really have nothing but hunches against Karkador and QuantumBro at this point. Let's get all the information out there and analyze it, I say.

El Topo

I know it didn't work last time, but I still think we shouldn't forget to also investigate those that are somewhat inactive and/or avoid attention.

I can't believe we lost a Doc without ever even knowing what they were. I hope this was a lucky hit, because the implications that nobody is safe,regardless of roleclaims, is certainly scary.

Karkador and Quantumbro seem slightly suspicious, but I don't know, their roles seem too powerful to lose. Karkador is acting shifty though. There are some things I can understand withholding. You can't target the same person every night so telling everyone who you targeted paints a pretty big bullseye. Anything else though is strange. How much could it honestly hurt the town?

RobotNinjaHornets is also really shady. The last second roleclaim was very very convenient. I had assumed he was just an ordinary low active poster, but that claim paints a different story. I can understand wanting to hover low, but cutting it that close and holding back info, is really suspicious.

I'm starting to agree with El Topo in that guidance may never come, and honestly, I'm not sure what to do going forward.

Timeaisis

I can't believe we lost a Doc without ever even knowing what they were. I hope this was a lucky hit, because the implications that nobody is safe,regardless of roleclaims, is certainly scary.

Karkador and Quantumbro seem slightly suspicious, but I don't know, their roles seem too powerful to lose. Karkador is acting shifty though. There are some things I can understand withholding. You can't target the same person every night so telling everyone who you targeted paints a pretty big bullseye. Anything else though is strange. How much could it honestly hurt the town?

RobotNinjaHornets is also really shady. The last second roleclaim was very very convenient. I had assumed he was just an ordinary low active poster, but that claim paints a different story. I can understand wanting to hover low, but cutting it that close and holding back info, is really suspicious.

I'm starting to agree with El Topo in that guidance may never come, and honestly, I'm not sure what to do going forward.

To be honest, I think it's safe to assume that the mafia know way more about us than we do of them. Even if one of us has knowledge of someone, they sure as hell aren't sharing it. I doubt the nin hit was just luck. He wasn't a huge target. They probably discovered he was a doc somehow and went in for the kill.

Regarding your other point, I doubt we'll get any guidance. A power role leader would've come forward already with their information. I honestly think we need to get all the information on the table, analyze it, and decide from that. We're not going to ever get a role that comes in saying "I know X is mafia and I have proof!" or anything like that at this point.

That's why I strongly implore anyone who has information on anything to come forward, with the exception of information that would likely lead to a mafia hit.

I think Kark is playing it right not telling us who he protected, however. That paints a huge target on that person's back, like you said. So, I'd think the general rule of thumb is: if your information would likely lead to a mafia hit, think it over before sharing it, especially how important it seems given the state of the game (and if it adds to other information). If the information might just paint another person in a negative light or draw suspicion on them, get it out there and we'll suss it out.

Meaning, RNH, I'd like those redacted names. Otherwise, we're going to just flail wildly on hunches for another day.

Karkador

Banned
If the redacted names on Robot's list are not the same name twice (and they're probably not), he's holding the names of two Mafia members.

Karkador

Banned
I normally follow your logic to a tee, but there's way too much stuff out there right now. Mind explaining that?

Think about it

If he investigated you on Night 2, he would have shown up on ultron's list. Therefore, his Night 2 redaction is not you.

Assuming the role blocker is Mafia (which has been the running assumption), and holding that the Mafia did act on N2 (as we have a death to show for it), and considering the fact that we're running out of special roles to account for...then the likelihood that N2 name is mafia is very high.

Because N4 also had one kill, I'm assuming the same there.

pants

I know it didn't work last time, but I still think we shouldn't forget to also investigate those that are somewhat inactive and/or avoid attention.

Agreed. Everyone regularly posting is making themselves a target by just posting something that could potentially push people to suspect them. The ones barely skating by at this stage of the game are worrisome.

@Kark are you not going to try and explain your role more?

pants

We're not going to ever get a role that comes in saying "I know X is mafia and I have proof!" or anything like that at this point.
I'm 95% sure we have a detective/policeman role that can do just this. It's a mafia game mainstay

Also it's still advantageous for certain roles to not reveal.

Karkador

Banned
Karkador - you said yesterday you were going to do an "experiment". Mind bringing us up to speed with what that experiment entailed?

What I tried required N5 and N6 (which is why I haven't answered questions about who I targeted), but the result is that I've figured out I was role blocked on one of those two nights.

@Kark are you not going to try and explain your role more?

What more can I say?

Karkador

Banned
Ultron, this isn't any sort of accusation on you, I just have to ask as part of a hunch: Were you 100% truthful in your N2 report?

What I tried required N5 and N6 (which is why I haven't answered questions about who I targeted), but the result is that I've figured out I was role blocked on one of those two nights.

Why do you figure you were role blocked on ONE of those two nights? With no deaths on Night 5, and only one death on night 6 it is FAR more likely that whatever you did worked on Night 5.

I am a strong believer in the fact that the vigilante can only kill on odd numbered nights. Ask Crab that if you were role blocked on night 6, can you still execute your action against that person on night 7 (and not be able to pick the night 5 person).

This answer will let your night 5 pick be able to be discussed.

For example, if you had picked ultron to save night 5, and we now know that we SHOULD have gotten that notification that he was saved due to nin1000, you would know that you were blocked on night 5 AND we would know only one killer worked that night ( and I blow up my odd night vigilante theory). If you tried to save Nin1000 last night and he died, then you know conclusively that you were blocked.

If you still feel you can't reveal night 5, can you at least tell us what you attempted to do? I can not see any reason why you can't tell us one of these two items and I fail to see why keeping this information secret for night 5 is needed (especially after asking about who you can target tonight from Crab).

Today is critical, we are nearing the point where a unified mafia vote can tie or beat the remaining tourists (by my estimate we have at most two days left). we need to use ANY AND ALL INFORMATION to take out a mafia today. I agree with you on the RNH night 2 is likely mafia (too many players were messing with Timeasis that night to suggest otherwise).

Why do you figure you were role blocked on ONE of those two nights? With no deaths on Night 5, and only one death on night 6 it is FAR more likely that whatever you did worked on Night 5.

AND Ultron already said he was role blocked on Night 5 (he received no feedback from his power role).

Karkador, PLEASE post what you did night 5.

Karkador

Banned
AND Ultron already said he was role blocked on Night 5 (he received no feedback from his power

IIRC, he said he was blocked on N4.

N5 and N6, I targeted the same person. Normally, my role doesn't allow this, but I just gave it a shot and it went through. That was the experiment.

Since roleblock effectively erases the action from happening, it's as if I had never targeted someone the first night, so I was allowed to choose the same target.

Actually, thinking about it again, I could have only been blocked on N5. So roleblocker hit me on N5.

Timeaisis

IIRC, he said he was blocked on N4.

N5 and N6, I targeted the same person. Normally, my role doesn't allow this, but I just gave it a shot and it went through. That was the experiment.

Since roleblock effectively erases the action from happening, it's as if I had never targeted someone the first night, so I was allowed to choose the same target.

Actually, thinking about it again, I could have only been blocked on N5. So roleblocker hit me on N5.

Yeah, if you were not roleblocked on N5, you wouldn't have even been allowed to target the same person on N6.

On N5 there were no deaths. We know nin protected ultron that night, but we do not know if anyone else was targeted. But if ultron was already roleblocked on N5...that would mean we have two role blockers?

ultron87

Ultron, this isn't any sort of accusation on you, I just have to ask as part of a hunch: Were you 100% truthful in your N2 report?

Yes. Not really sure what you're getting at.

Hey Ultron, didn't you get a message from Crab that you were roleblocked on Night 4?

I was specifically informed in Crab's response PM that I was blocked from investigating my target. I assume this happens because my role is supposed to get some piece of information back. I don't know if anyone with a role that has no response would be informed.

He said it himself when he gave his first report. People aren't notified when they're roleblocked.

I got notified.

I was specifically informed in Crab's response PM that I was blocked from investigating my target. I assume this happens because my role is supposed to get some piece of information back. I don't know if anyone with a role that has no response would be informed.

Was Crab's message back to you generic or did it mention something about your role?

Timeaisis

So we're all in agreement that RNH needs to reveal the two other names? I really so no other way we can get anywhere, except randomly accusing eachother like we have been doing for the past 5 days.

kingkitty

if I was mafia, I would also love to see those redacted names RNH is hiding.

or maybe RNH is mafia, and he's making things up as he goes.

shrug.

Karkador

Banned
Good morning everyone. It's now Friday, and the phase ends on Tuesday. We seem to simply be coasting towards another plurality vote, and it will likely end up with me being lynched.

I'd like to drop some brand new info today, giving the town enough time to discuss it and come to a rational decision.

It is very important that we get a Mafia member today, and killing me at this point is probably going to make a Town win very hard. If there is a sudden rush to vote me out after I say this, you should know that those votes were most likely Mafia.

Karkador

Banned
As for the subject of kills:

There have definitely been two kills per night. Here is what I know about the kills that were not seen:

N1, Duress was hit for the first time. Didn't die, for obvious reasons.

N2, Timeaisis was hit. This is particularly strange, because nin1000's save didn't trip, but Timeaisis is still alive, and no one else showed up on his report (which is why I asked ultron if he had been honest about it).
Stick a red flag in it.

N3, Two people died, nothing to report.

N4, I got attacked.

N5, nin1000 was attacked, and somehow spared. Ultron was attacked and spared by nin1000.

N6, difficult to tell.

Top Bottom