• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
If there is another SW game and it doesn't have a Darth Jar Jar role I'll be very upset
I will register on Outer GAFia tomorrow sorry I haven't yet

Oh god, crab in the ridiculous game? Good lord.

its not final... its kinda hectic ... cuz has to take into account people's preferences, then im distributing as evenly as possible the highest and lowest post count players, then also im placing new people v returning people ratio etc.

but he's in HP right now

needs to know if he cant be in there

ACTUALLY i needs to know if ANYONE can't be in ANYTHING

like darryl told me he cant be in HP cuz he's seen the set up.

PLS NOW IS THE TIME TO LET ME KNOW, GAME RUNNERS

Oh god, I just realized why Town was playing so poorly in that game. The rules they had did not allow role claims or roles revealed at death. So yeah, strategizing was useless because of that. I hope money wasn't involved as those rules were dumb as hell.

Sorian

Banned
its not final... its kinda hectic ... cuz has to take into account people's preferences, then im distributing as evenly as possible the highest and lowest post count players, then also im placing new people v returning people ratio etc.

but he's in HP right now

needs to know if he cant be in there

ACTUALLY i needs to know if ANYONE can't be in ANYTHING

like darryl told me he cant be in HP cuz he's seen the set up.

PLS NOW IS THE TIME TO LET ME KNOW, GAME RUNNERS

I can't be in any games, I've seen all the set-ups, I actually have seen the future and know who is scum and who is town.

VOTE: Kingkitty

Sorry man, I can't let you live with that role.

Coppanuva

Oh god, I just realized why Town was playing so poorly in that game. The rules they had did not allow role claims or roles revealed at death. So yeah, strategizing was useless because of that. I hope money wasn't involved as those rules were dumb as hell.

Eh it's totally possible to do a game like that (well, the no claiming roles is weird). But I've played Blind Werewolf in person a lot, where you only know if the person died was town or wolf aligned. It makes strategy very different because any seers/cops have to know when to out themselves, and you have to play a lot of guessing on who had each role as they go down.

roytheone

1. Best Roleclaim
2. Most unlucky
3. Liar of the Year

1. My roleclaim in MGS if I wasn't night killed during night 1 :mad:
2. Gorlak, didn't even play one full day phase in his first game before being outed as scum by the cop.
3. Coppanova, i completely believed his decoy octopus story in the dead thread.

Coppanuva

Yeeny I have a request: If there is a game with a copycat put me in it and force the gamerunner to rig the RNG so I can get that role. I NEED THIS.

Burbeting

Banned
Hi guys, season 4 roster coming in a few mins... :>

Ooh, excite excite

also compulsory:

nolove2014.jpg

SEASON 4 ROSTER:

HARRY POTTER
01 [m] Retroid - New
02 [m] MagnumBoy20xx - New
03 [m] Kawl_USC - New
04 [m] Rynam - New
05 [m] TheExodu5 - New
06 [-] egruntz
07 [m] Arkos
08 [f] bananaspaceprincess
09 [m] TheWorthyEdge
10 [m] Gorlak
11 [m] Hyperactivity
12 [m] Flame_AC
13 [-] Enker
14 [m] TheAwesomePossum
15 [m] Burbeting
16 [m] Matt Attack
17 [m] Rats Off To Ya
18 [m] Crab
19 [m] kingkitty
20 [m] Blargonaut
21 [m] Kalor
22 [m] TheGoddamn
23 [m] Lord of Castamere
24 [m] Christina Mackenzie
25 [m] Lone_Prodigy
26 [m] roytheone
27 [m] Zippedpinhead
28 [f] Sawneeks

WEREWOLF
01 [m] Xamtheking - New
02 [f] Sophia - New
03 [m] euphemism - New
04 [m] Andodalf - New
05 [m] Rolanderson - New
06 [m] FluxWaveZ - New
07 [m] Lollipop Dave - New
08 [m] Karkador
09 [m] RobotNinjaHornets
10 [m] ultron87
11 [m] MattyG
12 [f] StarSketch
13 [m] Septimus Prime
14 [m] QuantumBro
15 [m] Timeaisis
16 [m] GreatLord Tiger
17 [m] CornBurrito
18 [m] El Topo
19 [m] Terrabyte20xx
20 [m] Makai
21 [m] batsnacks

NIGHTVALE
01 [m] StanleyPalmtree - New
02 [m] UltraJay - New
03 [m] Trigger - New
04 [m] Unmasked Ferret - New
05 [m] Darklighter - New
06 [m] Boo Boo'n - New
07 [m] Karu - New
08 [m] TL21xx
09 [m] Ty4on
10 [m] Pop-O-Matic
11 [m] AbsolutBro
12 [m] Mike_Hawk689
13 [m] Mazre
14 [m] Razmos
15 [f] ScraftyDevil
16 [-] Seath
17 [m] Coppanuva
18 [m] squidyj
19 [m] Sorian
20 [m] Setre
21 [m] Fireblend
22 [f] Swamped
23 [m] Royal_Flush

game runners, let me know if these names are okay to play in your games.

players, swapping is okay for now.

Sorian

Banned
Shit, you put me in the game with Swamped and Scrafty :( They are going to get revenge on me :(

I get dear Coppanuva though :D

cabot

Is it possible to feel super hurt?

I'm listening to The Hymn of The Big Wheel by Massive Attack, looking at this list, I'm nowhere to be seen.

I hate myself.

Swamped

Banned
Shit, you put me in the game with Swamped and Scrafty :( They are going to get revenge on me :(

Hehehe >:)

Although, you might be saved this time. I'm looking to switch with a veteran in the Harry Potter game (I'm in Nightvale), PM me if you're interested! And then we can let yeeny know if we make a successful swap.

u wanted nightvale !

*roots for the revenge of swamped and scrafty secretly*

...I like your thinking :p

Coppanuva

Oh boy. I am excited for Nightvale actually. Got my avatar all picked out the second I saw it! I AM SO READY! But will it be Coppa or Floppa I wonder.

Wasn't someone gonna play mafia on Twitch? Did I miss that?

Squidyj, forgot the time though.

In case anyone is interested in watching me get completely outclassed by better looking and more skilled mafia players than myself live on video, I'm going to be playing mafia on twitch on friday night (could you think of something better to do with a friday night than watch someone else play mafia? you can't, don't be preposterous).

As it stands they're looking to run 2 games, an early game at 6pm EST and a late game at 9:30-10 EST and both will be broadcast on http://www.twitch.tv/spectrumdominus

The rules that we use are also different from the kind of rules you're used to experiencing on GAF, in Town of Salem, and maybe on other forums as well if you've played there.

It's usually a very simple setup with few roles, mafia are generally vanilla and we might only have a cop and a doctor, or a vigilante or a hypnotist of some sort. The roles present are known at the start of the game but when players die no information is revealed. Thus forcing players to rely on their reads and their understanding of the game to proceed towards victory. Mafia is also not allowed to communicate through mafia chat. They can only communicate their targets at night (yes or no to targets until they reach a consensus). Additionally in larger games mafia generally has the ability to kill more than one person in one night, we call it "2 kp until 2" which means as long as there are more than 2 mafia in the game they have 2 "kill power" and can kill 2 players in the night, with the potential to target a single player twice allowing them to override a doctor save.

As a few technical notes we use the zoom video conferencing software to run games, this requires one player to have a Zoom Pro subscription in order to host the games (the free zoom that everyone else has can only host a room for 40 minutes). We also use IRC to moderate the game, each power role and the mafia group gets a special IRC channel they can use to discretely communicate their actions to the mod.

So if you're interested in seeing people play mafia over video, if you're interested in seeing this kind of ruleset, or if you're interested in watching me make a fool of myself and basically do nothing, then check it out.

To be honest, I thought we were just voting for 3 games we wanted to see this season, I didn't actually place them in order of importance. I'm happy regardless though.

you liar! i saw you talking about being super excited when you got your nightvale thingo in the mail!

vote: sorian

Sorian

Banned
you liar! i saw you talking about being super excited when you got your nightvale thingo in the mail!

vote: sorian

I was quite excited to get my book (which I haven't read yet orz) but I think I was maybe more pumped for madness harry potter? Like I said, I didn't actually put them in order lol

I was quite excited to get my book (which I haven't read yet orz) but I think I was maybe more pumped for madness harry potter? Like I said, I didn't actually put them in order lol

:> im just joshing u soyuri

i put u in nightvale cuz hp already has heavy hitters and it has the most players and im trying to distribute the heavy posters in all 3 games

u can swap tho :D make HP even insaner~ DO A SEQUEL OF BLARG v SOYURI~

.... oh but swamped is trying to swap there. maybe there still will be REVENGE of the swamped :D

no im not. VOTE: SORIAN~

Top Bottom