• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
you guys are craycray. the main games are still running and y'all are already talking about future games. here's what i've got on my list, btw

let me know if there's more

1. Super Mario (Makai) - was in the run for S4 main game
2. The Loving Lovers Love Boat (Burbeting) - was in the run for S4 main game
3. Danny Phantom (Terrabyte20xx) - was in the run for S4 main game
4. Disneyland after dark (Retro) - mid-season
5. Frog Fractions (Kristoffer) - mid-season
6. Gafia 2: The Wedding of Swamped (Swamped) - mid-season
7. Final Fantasy Mafia (ScraftyDevil) - mid-season?
8. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Crab) - mid-season
9. Avalon (Droplet / Rats Off To Ya) - mid-season

Just a thought to ponder, but since there are 3 games that didn't make this season, should we pencil those as season 5 games?

Another thought, what if instead of having 3 games season 5, we have a couple of mods run 1 really big game to honor the fifth season?

Karkador

Banned
you guys are craycray. the main games are still running and y'all are already talking about future games. here's what i've got on my list, btw

let me know if there's more

1. Super Mario (Makai) - was in the run for S4 main game
2. The Loving Lovers Love Boat (Burbeting) - was in the run for S4 main game
3. Danny Phantom (Terrabyte20xx) - was in the run for S4 main game
4. Disneyland after dark (Retro) - mid-season
5. Frog Fractions (Kristoffer) - mid-season
6. Gafia 2: The Wedding of Swamped (Swamped) - mid-season
7. Final Fantasy Mafia (ScraftyDevil) - mid-season?
8. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Crab) - mid-season
9. Avalon (Droplet / Rats Off To Ya) - mid-season

Please add my WIP game, Death Note: A Turn-Based Page-Turner, to the list

Karkador

Banned
I'd also like the outer gafia support committee forum; obviously, don't help me if you want to play... But help is appreciated

So many good midseason games to choose from.

I could finally achieve my dream of becoming a Princess, achieve my other dream of becoming a brides maid, or Murder the villainous Fractions of lore. Decisions decisions.

I honestly dont know much about the other 3 games sadly. Never watched Jojo(i only watched an abridged series), wasn't allowed to play FF so my experience is only of recent titles(11,13,WoL,Type 0, 14), and Im not sure what Avalon is supposed to be(Mythology Mafia?).

So many good midseason games to choose from.

I could finally achieve my dream of becoming a Princess, achieve my other dream of becoming a brides maid, or Murder the villainous Fractions of lore. Decisions decisions.

I honestly dont know much about the other 3 games sadly. Never watched Jojo(i only watched an abridged series), wasn't allowed to play FF so my experience is only of recent titles(11,13,WoL,Type 0, 14), and Im not sure what Avalon is supposed to be(Mythology Mafia?).

avalon is a social game like mafia, but players dont die each round. instead, the 'mafia' may activate 'MISSION FAIL' result for each phase. then townies are supposed to rout out the mafia based on how many missions are failed to win. idk though. im probably explaining it VERY BADLY :D

fission mailed~

roytheone

If the Avalon game doesn't have a Matthew Rorie role that just straight up cheats I will be disappointed. (Yay for references nobody will get!)

Also, I actually did design a mid season game, but that was more as a test to see if I could balance a smaller game before trying to make a big one. Palmer looked at it and said the balance was pretty decent! I also sent it to Ourob but he just ignored it because he hates me :mad:

cabot

My PC has decided now is the perfect time to die.

I hate my PC.

I'm now attached to Ourubolous like a dog on a leash for endless PS4 activity. Halp.

At some point in time I still want to run a BSG theme. Retro, please make a thread for this on GAFia.

Another cool flavour would be the TV show "Humans" if anyone knows this. I guess the game wouldn't have any special mechanics.
Oh, and it seems like I'm obsessed with humanoid robots, lol

I also have a vague idea of a Magic: The Gathering themed thing with incredibly complicated night mechanics (People playing cards) that probably will fail horribly. That one is far from even being discussion worthy.

cabot

At some point in time I still want to run a BSG theme. Retro, please make a thread for this on GAFia.

Another cool flavour would be the TV show "Humans" if anyone knows this. I guess the game wouldn't have any special mechanics.

I also have a vague idea of a Magic: The Gathering themed thing with incredibly complicated night mechanics (People playing cards) that probably will fail horribly. That one is far from even being discussion worthy.

Fat Apollo (the real Apollo) better be in your game, Flush.

tumblr_m417iripIO1qkflm2o1_500.gif

avalon is a social game like mafia, but players dont die each round. instead, the 'mafia' may activate 'MISSION FAIL' result for each phase. then townies are supposed to rout out the mafia based on how many missions are failed to win. idk though. im probably explaining it VERY BADLY :D

fission mailed~

Babys First Mafia? How cute. Personally its not real War unless I'm covered in blood (doesn't matter whos) by the end of it.

k imma add your bsg one to the list, rf~

Ourobolus

Banned
If the Avalon game doesn't have a Matthew Rorie role that just straight up cheats I will be disappointed. (Yay for references nobody will get!)

Also, I actually did design a mid season game, but that was more as a test to see if I could balance a smaller game before trying to make a big one. Palmer looked at it and said the balance was pretty decent! I also sent it to Ourob but he just ignored it because he hates me :mad:

You did? *checks*

roytheone

You did? *checks*

I actually already changed some things around since I sent that PM, mostly adding some powers that are a bit less standard. Wouldn't mind having an Outer gafia thread to discuss those ideas. It is Batman themed BTW.

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

I knew I liked you for a reason Fireblend! Yes, I know i always will try to get you lynched in every game we are in together, but that really is nothing personal!

Ourobolus

Banned
I actually already changed some things around since I sent that PM, mostly adding some powers that are a bit less standard. Wouldn't mind having an Outer gafia thread to discuss those ideas. It is Batman themed BTW.

I knew I liked you for a reason Fireblend! Yes, I know i always will try to get you lynched in every game we are in together, but that really is nothing personal!

ohhhh, it was a PM on OG. D'oh. I remember looking at it but never got around to responding (blame NaNoWriMo).

cabot

Ain't nothing personal about wanting to hang someone. All business.

Stop eating weed and cheese, you imbecile

cabot

If I have some ideas for the Death Note game, can I just post them in the related board or do I need to finish a game first

you can't post anything, you're in the bad books for insulting mafia legend cabot when he was vulnerable (read:drunk)

You'll be modkilled by Palmer at the start of this day phase.

Palmer confirms.

you can't post anything, you're in the bad books for insulting mafia legend cabot when he was vulnerable (read:drunk)

You'll be modkilled by Palmer at the start of this day phase.

Palmer confirms.
Inb4 every single killing role is going after me already

Droplet

fission mailed~

Lol, yeah that sounds right.

For those who don't know, Avalon is an expansion of Resistance, which is inspired by mafia but was designed to get rid of player elimination and open up the game design to everyone. At its most basic level, players propose mission teams one at a time and other players vote on them, and if the team passes they go on the mission. Town wins if they pass 3 missions and scum wins if they fail 3 missions. Avalon adds in the role of Merlin, who knows all the scum players, but can't reveal himself because if scum correctly guesses the identity of Merlin, they win.

It's basically just designed to be a much more information-based version of mafia. You're less likely to get screwed over by being Burb or someone getting lucky with their role power, so I figured it would be fun for us to play with all the poor suckers who got offed early on. Now that we've got the replacement list and boatloads of mid season games, the idea might be a little bit less compelling than before, but I'd still like to see if people are interested (because the docs are already written up anyway >.>). Also the game is entirely open, which we haven't really played with aside from ONUW games.

I'm going to hand this reference over to Rats so he can get it for me.

Palmer_v1

Lol, yeah that sounds right.

For those who don't know, Avalon is an expansion of Resistance, which is inspired by mafia but was designed to get rid of player elimination and open up the game design to everyone. At its most basic level, players propose mission teams one at a time and other players vote on them, and if the team passes they go on the mission. Town wins if they pass 3 missions and scum wins if they fail 3 missions. Avalon adds in the role of Merlin, who knows all the scum players, but can't reveal himself because if scum correctly guesses the identity of Merlin, they win.

It's basically just designed to be a much more information-based version of mafia. You're less likely to get screwed over by being Burb or someone getting lucky with their role power, so I figured it would be fun for us to play with all the poor suckers who got offed early on. Now that we've got the replacement list and boatloads of mid season games, the idea might be a little bit less compelling than before, but I'd still like to see if people are interested (because the docs are already written up anyway >.>). Also the game is entirely open, which we haven't really played with aside from ONUW games.

I'm going to hand this reference over to Rats so he can get it for me.

Few of us have considered it, but there are a lot of things that need to trigger in order, or simultaneously, for it to work properly. I gave up on resolving it, personally.

As an example, when everyone votes to approve or disapprove of a mission team, you're all supposed to flip your chits simultaneously. There's also the issue of randomizing the mission pass/fail cards so nobody knows who they came from.

Fireblend

Banned
I've been playing Avalon with friends at the office during lunch and it's so much fun. I've got 'em hooked, we started playing last week and have played no less than 15 times. Next up: ordering ONUW so we can play that too.

Palmer_v1

I've been playing Avalon with friends at the office during lunch and it's so much fun. I've got 'em hooked, we started playing last week and have played no less than 15 times. Next up: ordering ONUW so we can play that too.

Resistance with the extra cards > Avalon with some roles but no Merlin > Avalon with Merlin > avalon > ONUW

Fireblend

Banned
Resistance with the extra cards > Avalon with some roles but no Merlin > Avalon with Merlin > avalon > ONUW

I've been itching to play ONUW for a while. Gotta transfer those GAFia skills to real life. Plus the short rounds make it suitable for playing during lunch.

Droplet

Few of us have considered it, but there are a lot of things that need to trigger in order, or simultaneously, for it to work properly. I gave up on resolving it, personally.

As an example, when everyone votes to approve or disapprove of a mission team, you're all supposed to flip your chits simultaneously. There's also the issue of randomizing the mission pass/fail cards so nobody knows who they came from.

It's heavily PM-based for the first time around.

Top Bottom