• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers |OT| Cracking Packs

I haven't tried the latest version (pictured below), but the top half of the screen is your collection of cards and you can filter them by color, type, format etc. The lower half of the screen is your deck and sideboard. You just drag and drop or click cards to move them over.
QCDW2QQ.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Got to Storm Count 15 in the last expansion challenge. Wasn't enough. I love everything it represents. Must keep trying.

The Burn and Dodge deck is sooooo much fun to play.

seems like Garruk and perhaps Zombies are the only decks that stand a chance against Dodge & Burn. Any deck that relies too much on 3/3 or weaker creatures is hopeless, which is pretty much all of them. Eldrazi is too slow/vulnerable to counterspells, Demons have an unfavorable matchup

Definitely the biggest challenger I've seen from the new decks. I've been able to outlast them by sitting on my creature spells until they've tapped out. Had an awesome 8-9 turn standoff with some dude who knew exactly what I was doing yesterday.

My theory: they can't counter what you don't cast. And my aura deck works with the new all-enchanted-creatures-get-shroud card, w/e that's called. Sucks because you can't stack enchantments, but still.

I wish the Samurai deck was better because it just kicks so much visual ass. Looks just like an exalted deck if you ask me.

IvorB

I've been playing 2013 for a while now and yesterday I downloaded the demo for 2014 because I felt like maybe it was time to upgrade. It is so sh*t. What the hell were they thinking? What's with that crap with Chandra? And what the hell were they thinking with her accent?

The graphics are terrible. The table looks like something coded by a student and the whole thing looks cheap and nasty. So disappointing. The animations seem to have some kind of tearing effect going on when the cards get played. I thought maybe because they didn't bother to do up the cell phone version but this game looks rough even for iOS/Android.

I want to play the new decks but I can't support this crap. I'll stick with 2013, maybe even go back to 2012. I can only hope they will make a better effort next year.

IvorB

I'm sure the decks are cool but the interface is so poor that I really can't see myself playing that. I went back to playing 2013 after checking out the demo and I was amazed that the 2013 table, as basic as it is, was so much better than the new 2014 one.

Maybe I will change my tune when I truly get bored of 2013 decks which feels like it could be happening soon actually.

Card Boy

Banned
Not sure if anyone still plays with the Hearthstone craze but Chant of the Mul Daya Deck is OP as fuck. I got a opponent to -53 HP with mass Planet Tokens with all the Land draws i keep on getting from all the other cards.

I got the expansion, not sure if i should buy deck pack 1 to 3 when they are on sale. I might do it even with Magic 2015 coming out in 2 months.

ChronoX

I need some help. I want to purchase Magic 2014 during the current Steam sale but I have a question. I would like to acquire the game and all the DLC but I am not interested in Deck Keys since I prefer to unlock content the traditional way.

Will I be able to purchase Magic 2014 - GOLD COMPLETE on Steam and disable the Deck Key unlocks through the Steam interface?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Will I be able to purchase Magic 2014 - GOLD COMPLETE on Steam and disable the Deck Key unlocks through the Steam interface?

Should be able to via the properties tab for the DLC tab that the Steam client introduced a month or two back, yes.

Top Bottom