• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Battle for Zendikar |OT| Lands matter (but nothing else does)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

Well duh. It's better than Snapcaster, and something people will argue about red caring about the graveyard which feels more blue.

Nah, red gets flashback and probably should have got Snapcaster to begin with. No one will pick at this for that, I don't think, with any regularity.

Firemind

Welp that's the final nail in the coffin of Stone Rain reappearing in the next two years.

Whatever it's a goblin that does the same effect, except for freebies
You can cast Ancestral Visions.
main-qimg-f207eb810b1fb6f5655a1bf942a5cf7f

Seems good in cube. Bye, Dualcaster Mage!

duxstar

I really love Top level Podcast ..... but damnit I feel like Patrick Chapin loves every single card and I almost want to go buy every new card whenever he talks about it lol. He really get's excited about magic, just go listen to the spoiler season where he talks about scythe leopard being amazing; i have to remind myself of that everytime he get's hyped like he did this week (Talking about Chandra)

Spitballing Modern Land Death

4x Molten Rain
4x Stone Rain
4x Rain of Tears
2x Sowing Salt

4x Simian Spirit Guide
4x Fulminator Mage
4x Goblin Dark-Dwellers
1x Avalanche Riders

4x Lightning Bolt
4x Thoughtseize

25x Lands

Firemind

l'd play Koth as well. Minus and land destruction on the same turn? Why yes please.

I thought Pillage was modern playable but apparently not. :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
New card:

goblin-dark-dwellers.gif

Snapcaster on a 5 mana CMC creature. lolz. Works with RG ramp, I guess.

It's a 4/4 with evasion and a free spell, which in some cases can be Kolaghan's Command and in other cases is Crackling Doom. It's playable.

Also, it should say "look again, THE mana is now diamonds."

blackflag

How bad is R/G Tron without burnwillows? I can use Karplusans or stomping grounds but I don't want to invest in the stupidly priced burnwillows until i'm sure I like playing it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I agree that it's playable. I like it a lot.

Why the emphasis on 'the'?

Because Sigma's draft OT has "Look again your mana is now diamonds," but the original commercial was "look again the tickets are now diamonds" so it should be "Look again, the mana is now diamonds" right?

OnPoint

Because Sigma's draft OT has "Look again your mana is now diamonds," but the original commercial was "look again the tickets are now diamonds" so it should be "Look again, the mana is now diamonds" right?
Didn't even notice it was missing! I just didn't think it needed capitalization haha

Angry Grimace

Become Immense ---> Temur Battle Rage is one of the lamest combos for people to convince themselves is good in a long time. Getting 3-for-1'd with all of your mana and graveyard is pretty sweet.

Become Immense ---> Temur Battle Rage is one of the lamest combos for people to convince themselves is good in a long time. Getting 3-for-1'd with all of your mana and graveyard is pretty sweet.
I will be so happy when mono-red can move away from that. I miss the good ole fashioned mountains-only RDW.

Angry Grimace

It's just not....very good, you get blown out all the time and I see people leaving the combo in against control all the time and jamming it into untapped mana and then dying.

I just want to know why?

It's just not....very good, you get blown out all the time and I see people leaving the combo in against control all the time and jamming it into untapped mana and then dying.

I just want to know why?

Same reason for 85% of all bad calls in Magic. If it works, you feel like a Clever Wizard™.

Angry Grimace

Painful Truths is a really good card. I thought it would be worse than Read the Bones, but I'm typically quite happy with the +2 CA.

duxstar

Everyone knows the real combo is Conifer Stride Temur Battle Rage. The combo is so much better when you dont have to worry about spot removal!

Santiako

Well it is 6 mana without haste and without a ETB or LTB ability. Probably not Standard playable. Pretty sick in limited though.

Have they said whether Wastes will be available in unlimited quantities for OGW limited events?

They won't, you have to draft/open them. They are twice as common as any common though.

Matriox

It's like a planeswalker-lite that can be used on everyone's turn lol, but not crazy for standard. I'd love to be wrong though, just such a cool card.

Yeah, that's a real beater in Limited, but I don't think it will see Standard play. Still, really neat.

Though if things keep getting leaked like this, we're going to have a really dull spoiler season.

I feel like this set is so much better than BFZ already.

Also, the cojones on the guy who decided to leak this right after that article. They'll probably get extra harsh with him just out of spite.

kirblar

I feel like this set is so much better than BFZ already.

Also, the cojones on the guy who decided to leak this right after that article. They'll probably get extra harsh with him just out of spite.
Promos always get leaked super early, its why Jarvis's article went up.

Wulfric

Why hello there, limited bomb. It even reminds me of a Lady Gaga outfit.

Wizards better call a plumber; this is getting a bit silly now.

Lucario

New card:

goblin-dark-dwellers.gif

Snapcaster on a 5 mana CMC creature. lolz. Works with RG ramp, I guess.

Seems pretty absurd. I know I'm going to get greedy and try to force this into a deck with Abzan Charm, Kohlgan's Command, and Crackling Doom.

Not sure how it works flavor-wise, though. The goblins go looting for the spell and then just... cast it themselves? Should it say red spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom