• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT12| Hour of Devastation - Hour of Jace getting dunked on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, the thing is with Ambuscade, Abrade, Struggle, etc. in HOU, Gruul can actually run this crazy oppressive controlling aggro monstrosity deck.

That's just not what he's got, though, it's like the dumbest beaters he could find and a couple of Samuts. He drafted, what, four copies of Naga Harrier?

Santiako

Rhonas's Last Stand on turn 2 is very hard to beat. I had it on my prerelease and didn't lose a single game when I played it then.

I had 3 Ambuscades, 3 Struggles, and some other assorted red explosives in my prerelease, so I have a warped view of the value of some of these creatures based on never seeing them stay on the table.

My only draft wasn't much better since I cracked Invocation Scorpion God + non-Invocation Scorpion God.

traveler

Not Wario
The one time I had to face a turn 2 Rhonas' Last Stand with an empty board I happened to be on the play with a Vizier of Deferment in hand. Definitely the best that card has ever felt.

Tunoku

I saw someone just Unsummon a Last Stand token immediately after it hit the battlefield on the second turn. Probably the best Unsummon I had ever seen.

Ashodin

The one time I had to face a turn 2 Rhonas' Last Stand with an empty board I happened to be on the play with a Vizier of Deferment in hand. Definitely the best that card has ever felt.

goddamn son I bet it was like satisfying as fuck to drop that on the board.

Ashodin

I mean you got GR Ramp / Temur / GB Energy, but these decks aren't using powerful win cons outside of like Verdurous Gearhulk which isn't technically totally green (being part artifact)

There's a lot of supportive green cards instead of finishers is what I'm getting at.

Also heads up, SaffronOlive's next deck next week is likely Fraying Sanity. Get ready for dat jump.

Oh shit Pro Tour Hall of Fame at lunchtime!

birthing pod is not totally green, verdurous gearhulk is.

Tireless Tracker, Longtusk Cub, Attune with Aether, Bristling Hydra, Servant of the Conduit, Rogue Refiner, Winding Constrictor,

Grim Flayer doesn't even see much play.

edit: holy shit grim flayer got hella cheap. Probably want a playset soon.

Santiako

Oketra's Monument is so good.

I mean you got GR Ramp / Temur / GB Energy, but these decks aren't using powerful win cons outside of like Verdurous Gearhulk which isn't technically totally green (being part artifact)

There's a lot of supportive green cards instead of finishers is what I'm getting at.

You're way off here, green sees plenty of play.

EDIT: Familienoberhauptvogel said it better.

OnPoint

I always forget how Maro is until he's on screen. I can't help but laugh every time. He's such a cartoon.

I hate when I can't find cards I know I own. There are Kitchen Finks somewhere in my house, I just have no idea where. How annoying.

Yeef

Random question- has anyone else had trouble getting onto the CFB site the past couple days? I keep trying every day to preorder the commander set but the store specifically is down every time I go. Tried on IE and Chrome.
It's been going in and out for me as well. It'll work fine, then I'll do a search and get a server error. Then I'll wait like 2 minutes and refresh the search and it'll be fine again. Repeat.

I mean, if you aren't hitting things that are worth casting with Bolas, why were you struggling against a deck full of cards that aren't worth casting to begin with?

(Combo/Tribal decks aside, anyway.)

Santiako

I mean, if you aren't hitting things that are worth casting with Bolas, why were you struggling against a deck full of cards that aren't worth casting to begin with?

(Combo/Tribal decks aside, anyway.)

He could've hit a lot of fluff (pump spells, attune, harnessed lightning, another Rhonas, etc)

Santiako

Day 1 metagame:

ZAJhKb1.jpg

As expected, monored is the most played deck.

pierre is playing way too safe, he doesn't have nearly enough toughness on board to block a combo'd pummeler. Unbelievabe he lost with this start.

So, in the past, they've used music from Magic Duels for the background music at Pro Tours. There's a chance the new stuff they're using will be from whatever the new digital client that's coming is.
interesting, not making it any better though. The HOU theme in particular makes for chase music more than idle wait in line music between rounds.

Violet_0

Banned
Monument has fallen out of favor already, eh?

I bet RDW won't have a great win rate. And why is the freaking zombie deck popular again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom