• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebusman

Banned
Maaaaaaaaaaaan going through boxes of commons/uncommons trying to weed out the ones still worth shit is mindnumbing. I never played that much magic so I don't have a giant collection, but I must've spent an entire day scouring through a box of Innistrad block stuff and cataloging just about every bloody card. I still got a box of Scars block to go. And then some RtR stuff.

So far the best thing I found was a foil Thought Seize.

I'm trying to cash it all out but at this rate I'm making about minimum wage for every hour I spend on it.

Semi-related note: We need to go back to Phyrexia. New Phyrexia was when I really started playing magic, and honestly it was probably when I had the most fun with it. I love infect but I have no real love for Modern, so I'm sort of stuck.

Crocodile

Planeswalker Relationship chart I found online:

tumblr_oesns8UKHy1sppbano1_1280.png

Maaaaaaaaaaaan going through boxes of commons/uncommons trying to weed out the ones still worth shit is mindnumbing. I never played that much magic so I don't have a giant collection, but I must've spent an entire day scouring through a box of Innistrad block stuff and cataloging just about every bloody card. I still got a box of Scars block to go. And then some RtR stuff.

I'm trying to cash it all out but at this rate I'm making about minimum wage for every hour I spend on it.

Semi-related note: We need to go back to Phyrexia. New Phyrexia was when I really started playing magic, and honestly it was probably when I had the most fun with it. I love infect but I have no real love for Modern, so I'm sort of stuck.

For cataloguing, Magic Album for Windows is pretty helpful, and there are other sites and programs you could use, if you aren't already. Of course, that combined with physically sorting the cards will always take a while.

Wulfric

"The gatewacth"

I lol'd.

For real though, how are Garruk and Jace on friendly terms? That's gonna be awkward to explain to Liliana when axe-murder guy comes back.

Jace: Wait, we can't kill him!
Lili: What?
Jace: Umm, he's actually a really nice guy... deep inside.
Lili: *eye twitch*

MoxManiac

Went 4-1 in my Kaladesh pre-release league on mtgo with a solid R/W build. Only card approaching a bomb that I had was aetherstorm roc (which is quite good). Was pretty happy to see 0 Skysovreigns on the other side of the table.

Cool stuff. I had a similar experience when I got to play Daretti a bit 4 player over the weekend. My board included Darksteel Forge, new Kozilek, Blightsteel Colossus, Silent Arbiter, and Unwinding Clock. Was looking real formidible. But then my wife just got infinite turns with Sage of Hours and Ezuri with 5 experience counters and counterspell backup.

What were you using for land destruction?

Obliterate, Wildfire, Impending Disaster, Wasteland, Strip Mine

I'm going to add these when I can get them:
Devastation, Destructive force, Decree of annihilation, Ruination, Thoughts of ruin, Tectonic break, Tremble, Boom // Bust,

jph139

What's the Ral/Jace fuel?

This one here.

"You talked about growing up in Ravnica. A lot of my memories from my childhood are gone. Chopped up in my head into a few impressions. Most of what I remember begins here, on Ravnica. I'll never have roots here the way you do, and I admit I'm off to other planes a lot. But I think of myself as Ravnican to the core, too."

A prickly, dense emotion rose in Ral, and he squeezed his lips together to keep it from spilling over. "Damn it, Jace, it's not the same," he said. He turned back to his vigil of the opposite alleyway, but he put a hand on Beleren's wrist and squeezed.

"Ral?"

"Yeah?"

"That's the first time you've called me anything but 'Beleren.'"

"Hm." Ral checked the tower again and watched the alleyway.

...I buy it.

Leovold, Emissary of Trest spiked $10 today (now valued at around $25) if you were interested in him for Commander, Legacy or Vintage (lol).

I managed to snag one for $15 locally for Commander.

Messing with the Grixis list from the top 8 of the last SCG event:

kjhlkjdtaaq.png

I basically redid the mana because the numbers were just way too low across the board. Even then, I think both turn 1 cryptbreaker and neonate is kind of a pipe dream.

To be honest, I'm not all that impressed by the deck overall, the power level of the cards is pretty low outside of deep fiend and kozilek's return even though it's fun to play. Also I think more people are gonna show up with white exile effects and Kalitas now that it's a known quantity.

Nope. Colorless card wanted in every deck, PT coming up...

Neither of that really matters, though. The priciest rare in SOI right now is five bucks. The priciest in BFZ is three. Supply will outstrip demand on this card relatively quickly, just like happens for every other rare in sets where mythics and special ultra-mythics are soaking up value. It has a chance to spike right now because it's still a while until the opened supply gets really high and people still need to buy in for early-season competitive events.

Supast4r

Infect is probably never coming back as a mechanic. Too many design issues.

alternade

Leovold, Emissary of Trest spiked $10 today (now valued at around $25) if you were interested in him for Commander, Legacy or Vintage (lol).

I managed to snag one for $15 locally for Commander.
I managed to open a foil Leovold on release night. Made him into a deck the next day. He's so oppressive and in the perfect colors.

Where's Dack Fayden, Ashiok, Dereti, Domri Rade, or Arlinn Kord?

In fact have any of those walkers ever done anything actually relevant to the lore yet? Wasn't Dack supposed to be doing something important on Theros?

thieving shit. Apparently Dack was on Innistrad and Grixis and his archnemesis is a Grixis Walker who's dead. I assume no one read the comics.
Magic is a pretty small universe walkers constantly turn up on the same planes. As is seen again by Ajani being sent to Kaladesh by tamiyo only to run into the Gatewatch and Tezzeret. Teeny tiny world.

When can we expect the very first Aether Revolt Spoilers? Next month?

No, the official start is December 26, 2016, other than random one-off reveals. We still have Commander 2016 reveals before that. That product releases November 11, and I forget if spoilers for that are the week-of or the week before.

By the way, I just realized, we're still in OT and not Community.

Collected Company was over $15 for much of its Standard life.

Regular rare, standard set.

It wasn't in a fall set. No post RTR fall set can sustain a rare at $20. Understand that the print runs and period for opening sets that don't start a block are much smaller and shorter than block openers.

Yeef

Collected Company was over $15 for much of its Standard life.

Regular rare, standard set.
Dragons was a large set that wasn't drafted alone in the 3rd set slot. That slot tends to get drowned out by the summer onslaught. Modern Masters 2 came out just 2 months later, then Origins was out a month and a half after that.

It's very different than a large fall set that will also be part of the draft format when the second set releases.

OnPoint

It wasn't in a fall set. No post RTR fall set can sustain a rare at $20. Understand that the print runs and period for opening sets that don't start a block are much smaller and shorter than block openers.
Fall wasn't specified before, dont move the goalposts lol

Either way, I think Copter could be more ubiquitous due to being colorless and offset the set release month. We'll see

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Beating opponent with good beats.

Opponent plays Verdurous Gearhulk.

I concede match.

This is so fun.

bigkrev

If Copter is this much of an issue, they will sneak some good anti artifact cards into Aether revolt at the last second. Reprints like Reclimation Sage are perfectly safe to print and would help out a lot right now.

kirblar

If Copter is this much of an issue, they will sneak some good anti artifact cards into Aether revolt at the last second. Reprints like Reclimation Sage are perfectly safe to print and would help out a lot right now.
If they didn't figure it out in testing we have a problem.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The dev. article from last Friday at least hinted that they were confused by it.

It's okay guys, Wizards caught the elusive 10 Mana Prism Array lockout deck, so they obviously know what they're doing. I'm sure they didn't miss Smug Copter

/S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom