• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Step 1: Donate a Heart of Kiran
Step 2: Mindslaver your opponent.
Step 3: Sacrifice all of their planeswalkers.

I mean, it seems easier to just wait for them to play their own Heart of Kiran and just play Emrakul

Ashodin

Couple things on the heart

-Gets spell queller'd

-Dies to fragmentize, immolating glare, blessed alliance

-legendary

+blocks copter? 5/5 with veteran motorist!

Meh. I'll try it, though!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The question is whether you really want more copies of smugglers copter except worse

Probably not

bigkrev

The question is whether you really want more copies of smugglers copter except worse

Probably not

If this format allowed for that deck that Ivan Floch used to win the Pro Tour a few years ago- a W/U control deck who's only win condition in the main deck was Elixer of Immortality or having your opponent rage concede- this card would make sense for the mirror, as it lets you snipe Planeswalkers. That's about the best use case scenario I have for this card.

Angry Grimace

I mean, someday I'll stop reading that as "Heart of Khan" and by extension "Heart of Lorkhan"

Angry Grimace

I've been getting progressively higher on triple Kaladesh as a format

I'm sure it has nothing to do with identifying a draft strategy that wins a bunch

Angry Grimace

Which strategy is this? I'm asking for a friend...

Mostly I just almost never look to go into Red or Blue almost ever and generally gravitate towards black because black's common creatures are all typically good playables (basically everything with Fabricate is playable). Obviously if you get cut off you can't do it, but I usually find a lot of black early and start cutting it.

I just don't like going red very often. It just feels like a shitty color to be in vs. the constant board stalls you get in this format.

Wulfric

Here are the English versions, plus PW Deck Tezz.

en_nZfbo6vo5j.png

Waiting for the inevitable shredding Tezzeret alters. Great art.

Random order makes sense when there's no set number of cards being revealed. It could be a while before you find an artifact, and it's better for time management if you aren't choosing the order for 10 cards, for example.

I've been getting progressively higher on triple Kaladesh as a format

I'm sure it has nothing to do with identifying a draft strategy that wins a bunch

I mean pretty much the mark of an actually really good draft format is that it feels like a bunch of weird confusing garbage to begin with and over a couple months some deep, notably strong archetypes emerge.

Waiting for the inevitable shredding Tezzeret alters. Great art.

The PW deck walkers this set are noticeably less goofy than for KLD, while still not actually looking like they would be the booster walkers.

Pia's Revolution is a punisher card but at least it's the right kind -- putting the mechanic on an enchantment where it costs zero mana means you can create situations that put a ton of pressure on your opponent. It'll also be pretty rad in Commander since you get to pick and choose someone who'll let you get the artifact back if that's what you want.

Disallow is fantastic. At 1UU this will see a ton of play. Definitely better than other 3 mana counters in Standard. Curious whether this stopping Emrakul's mind control will be relevant at any point. Also this gets a little closer to confirming a Baral card in this set.

Battle at the Bridge: Convoke for artifacts is a pretty sensible elaboration and a good "like Affinity, but way less broken" thing. Card is pretty boring. I did see the picture while my wife was playing FFXV and Clash on the Big Bridge was playing on the car radio, though, so: synchronicity!

Dark Intimations is a nice use of a random 3-color card and some established mechanics to point at the next direction of the story without having to call it something too on the nose. I don't think almost anyone plays NBP even in Commander though so unless Bolas 2.0 in Amonkhet is super good not sure how much anyone will actually use it.

Where's story spotlight 1?

Pia's Revolution is a punisher card but at least it's the right kind -- putting the mechanic on an enchantment where it costs zero mana means you can create situations that put a ton of pressure on your opponent. It'll also be pretty rad in Commander since you get to pick and choose someone who'll let you get the artifact back if that's what you want.

Disallow is fantastic. At 1UU this will see a ton of play. Definitely better than other 3 mana counters in Standard. Curious whether this stopping Emrakul's mind control will be relevant at any point. Also this gets a little closer to confirming a Baral card in this set.

Battle at the Bridge: Convoke for artifacts is a pretty sensible elaboration and a good "like Affinity, but way less broken" thing. Card is pretty boring. I did see the picture while my wife was playing FFXV and Clash on the Big Bridge was playing on the car radio, though, so: synchronicity!

Dark Intimations is a nice use of a random 3-color card and some established mechanics to point at the next direction of the story without having to call it something too on the nose. I don't think almost anyone plays NBP even in Commander though so unless Bolas 2.0 in Amonkhet is super good not sure how much anyone will actually use it.

Where's story spotlight 1?

Disallow is mono-Blue Voidslime.

As for spotlight 1, the original source was Japanese and only included 2-5 so that's all we're getting in English right now it seems.

what is the rarity on Battle at the Bridge? I think it's rare and that's crazy.

Yes, it's rare.

Huh, why are we getting so many spoilers now? Especially 4/5 story cards.

Pia's Revolution makes for a good casual deck with spellbombs.
Disallow looks really good this Standard.
Improvise is unexpected, but it makes sense.
Dark Intimations seems good. I suppose the red part is the graveyard trigger.

kirblar

Huh, why are we getting so many spoilers now? Especially 4/5 story cards.

Pia's Revolution makes for a good casual deck with spellbombs.
Disallow looks really good this Standard.
Improvise is unexpected, but it makes sense.
Dark Intimations seems good. I suppose the red part is the graveyard trigger.
bad wotc website management, all were up, people found the URL

bigkrev

Battle at the Bridge is so goddamn strange at Rare. Reminder text shouldn't be on Rare cards, it's an effect that's usually at Common even when removal is supposed to be bad (Avacyn Restored limited had Death Wind!). Even if wizards thinks this is standard playable removal, those cards are never at Rare unless they can kill walkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom