• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Using it with Geist to stifle the Angel so it stays. That's what I'm doing with it.
I mean the angel isn't all that good.

lol guys, I know Voidslime is a thing. UG in Modern, however, is not, while UX of almost every other type (UR, UW, UWR, URB and sometimes the rare UB) is. This card could see play.

In Standard sure, but countering an activated/triggered ability isn't all that good in and of itself and it's still 3 mana.

I'm guessing that dark intimation is bolas destroying the portal while nobody is looking. Which would be dark, as it implies bolas wants the phyrexians right where they are? And also perhaps that the jacetice league failed to really stop tez?

Santiako

I find hilarious that they rescheduled all the magic stories and previews around not spoiling the story and all the story highlight cards leak. That's very WotC.

Damnit did anyone save the images? I didn't see them

They're still there, but here are more images.

piasrevolution.jpg
disallow.jpg
battleatthebridge.jpg
darkintimations.jpg

They're still there, but here are more images.

piasrevolution.jpg
disallow.jpg
battleatthebridge.jpg
darkintimations.jpg

It's really strange how little information comes from these story spotlights compared to the Kaladesh ones. You could put together the rough story of Kaladesh with its story cards but here we have "Pia starts a revolt (which is news to exactly no one), stuff happens, showdown with Tezz, Tezz next to rubble with a Bolas callout".

It was so stupid that Tezz had to cheat in the showdown with Pia and with stupid I mean comically bad writing. Tezzeret has decades of experience more and a direct connection to one of the most powerful metals in magic, he doesn't need to cheat and he's utterly prideful. He might stab you after he loses but he'll fight you fair and square.
Looks kinda like Tezz wins? But are we missing a fifth card? Or are there only four.
we are missing 3 you can see them numbered next to the collector's number.

OnPoint

It was so stupid that Tezz had to cheat in the showdown with Pia and with stupid I mean comically bad writing. Tezzeret has decades of experience more and a direct connection to one of the most powerful metals in magic, he doesn't need to cheat and he's utterly prideful. He might stab you after he loses but he'll fight you fair and square.
Still not surprised by the bad writing and horrible use of their cast. Every good guy should be good, and every bad guy a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

kirblar

Seems like Bolas doing the world a solid favor in blowing up that portal. Bad guy does bad things for good reason trope?

OnPoint

Seems like Bocas doing the world a solid favor in blowing up that portal. Bad guy does bad things for good reason trope?

I'm guessing 'Bocas' is a typo for Bolas? I'm not up to date on the story, but is that what happens? He has Tezz blow up the portal?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I got worked.

I opened a P3 Angel of Invention and tried really hard to change the deck to include the double white and went 1-2.

Angry Grimace

Guys, the reason they never made Voidslime into a straight colored spell wasn't because Voidslime is too powerful, its because Stifle is a confusing effect for newer players.

Seems like Bolas doing the world a solid favor in blowing up that portal. Bad guy does bad things for good reason trope?
If I had to guess, Bolas wants the Portal(and likely Phyrexians) to Stay where they are right now. It does him no good if they have free access to a transdimenional Portal they can use freely, after all.

Basically what Bolas can't control himself he wants destroyed.

This is maybe a silly question, but how do people know that the last card depicts the broken portal? Is there a picture of it somewhere?

OnPoint

Tezz is the Mr Sinister to Bolas' Apocalypse. He's a friend and sometimes subordinate, but he's up to his own crazy shit, and would undermine Bolas if he had the chance to get ahead. That's how I see it.

alternade

2 EDH Rules Questions:

With Saskia's ability and Panharmonicon out, will you be able to target 2 players for the damage forking?

Do infect creatures give poison counters to the player that Saskia targets?

Ashodin

2 EDH Rules Questions:

With Saskia's ability and Panharmonicon out, will you be able to target 2 players for the damage forking?

Do infect creatures give poison counters to the player that Saskia targets?

1) No, Saskia's ability says "as she enters the battlefield". Basically it's not a trigger; but rather an action you do as a player as she shows up on the battlefield

2) Yes, they do. ANY damage dealt by the creature is dealt as infect. So you can double infect players.

edit: watching familien edit his post three times in a minute is funny

OnPoint

Pls no. We have enough antiheroes.
Who? No one else is anymore.

Garruck is a murderer
Sarkhan is no longer crazy
Liliana is a sarcastic good guy
Sorin is on ice
Ashiok is ???
Bolas is evil
Phyrexians are evil
Nahiri is crazy

There are no others filling this role currently

bigkrev

O2fCMpz.png

The follow up is that this is more a thing they want to do to all sets, and are just using this as an example
I'm not sure I like Wizards going through and deciding what cards should be removed from classic formats because they would probably be terrible at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom