• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

I'm sorry, when did Reanimate become a ~$20 card? That's insane.

It's a new price spike (It's been a 10ish dollar card for years) that I can't explain, as it isn't Reserved list, it's a Legacy only card, and has had a reprint in the last 5 years (FNM and Archenemy)

Wulfric

Do I sell or keep Ajani? I know Atraxa's good, but she can't be that good. I have two foils and 2 non foil. I also have the all-black Comic Con version. I actually regret buying it because you can't even see the art without moving the card back and forth in the light.

p2XvO1p.png

Firemind

Nah, its in Amonkhet.

An extra loyalty counter isn't worth very much unless Bolas has a weird design, e.g. he has no plus but his ultimate costs one more loyalty than he enters the battlefield with (which they aren't gonna do since everyone hated Sarkhan 2)
Yes, everyone. Despite it being the most playable Sarkhan. 😂😂😂

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I didn't say Sarkhan 2 didn't see play; I said people didn't like the design. Which is true, Maro talked about it at one point (he also said he personally hated the design of "no plus" on a Planeswalker).

Gosh I hate people Sarkhan the mad is awesome, got one in foil and I love it in EDH. So much damage straight to the face, being able to circumvent indestructible and regenaration as well.

Firemind

It's a Rakdos PW lol

Some people in this thread are pining for the return of Tibalt in R/B colours when they already have a perfect PW to represent Rakdos.

OnPoint

I thought Temur was unplayable during the whole Khans run except that infinite combo deck.

Oh, yeah, I see your confusion. Sarkhan 3 is the mono-red one, and is the one I'm talking about.

Did you see how I said the Temur one was a misstep? By that I meant he didn't see any play at all.

Firemind

Oh, yeah, I see your confusion. Sarkhan 3 is the mono-red one, and is the one I'm talking about.

Did you see how I said the Temur one was a misstep? By that I meant he didn't see any play at all.
Oh I thought that sentence didn't make sense because the first Sarkhan was complete trash lol

kirblar

It's a new price spike (It's been a 10ish dollar card for years) that I can't explain, as it isn't Reserved list, it's a Legacy only card, and has had a reprint in the last 5 years (FNM and Archenemy)
Reanimators one of the relatively cheap legacy options post Ema I think

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I didn't play standard back then. Was Sarkhan 1 bad?

No, but he in the same set as Elspeth, Knight-Errant and Ajani Vengeant, so I doubt that helps people think he was any good.

I mean, he wasn't good-good or anything.

Firemind

Compare him to Elspeth lol

No, but he in the same set as Elspeth, Knight-Errant and Ajani Vengeant, so I doubt that helps people think he was any good.
What? The only format he had any place in was Limited because of his quick ultimate. Every other deck just played Broodmate Dragon.

Sarkhan 1 literally conceived the rule that a four mana and up PW that doesn't protect itself is terrible.

Angry Grimace

Compare him to Elspeth lol

What? The only format he had any place in was Limited because of his quick ultimate. Every other deck just played Broodmate Dragon.

I just mean I don't personally think it was actively a bad card, but I see what you mean. I guess I barely even remembered what the card did.

Reanimators one of the relatively cheap legacy options post Ema I think

Budget Legacy is the weirdest idea ever.

Sarkhan 1 literally conceived the rule that a four mana and up PW that doesn't protect itself is terrible.

Doesn't seem much of a rule when it was completely ignored with Narset pre release.

Planar Bridge looks sweet. Depending on price, I will def be grabbing these for my casual artifact Tron deck lol.

Are there enough bridges / architecture cards for a full Passageways deck, yet haha? I wish Ensnaring Bridge would get reprinted. I want that card so badly, but not at that price.

Ashodin

BANT PLANESWALKER

WwtsMel.gif

This week on Riptide Project Laboratory:

Ycc3PZbl.png

e3pS8hAl.png

Ramping up more videos. I feel like the channel could get bigger if I just keep up with content. The Urza video is discussing about why we haven't seen an Urza card (arguments and stuff here inspired the video).

norm9

Played my first live 1 v 1 game today at work. We were both Black/Blue with intro cards. Thirty minute game (didn't realize it takes this long) and lost. Ton of fun!

Angry Grimace

Planar Bridge looks sweet. Depending on price, I will def be grabbing these for my casual artifact Tron deck lol.

Are there enough bridges / architecture cards for a full Passageways deck, yet haha? I wish Ensnaring Bridge would get reprinted. I want that card so badly, but not at that price.

It will be a 5 dollar card, max. It's not good in anything - sure, it looks like a toolbox Tron card, but you're talking about taking matchups you win 70% of the time and winning them 75% of the time vs. just mainboarding enough Karns and Ugins.

I wonder if I should just cut Breya combo from my SilAkiri Voltron EDH deck and make a 2nd deck with her that's much more combo and control oriented. I'll keep her in for now and if it shows the deck just tries going for the combo every time I'll cut her.

Bandini

Got my first 3-0 Vintage Cube on MTGO. Pretty sick deck. Winter Orb + Sword of Feast and Famine is dirty.

3rnC3uA.jpg

Edited for final version

Played my first live 1 v 1 game today at work. We were both Black/Blue with intro cards. Thirty minute game (didn't realize it takes this long) and lost. Ton of fun!

Yeah, 30 minutes isn't that unusual for a casual 1v1 game of Magic if you're just starting out. Generally things will go faster once you're more used to things but that really depends on the decks, the draws, and the players. Glad you enjoyed it, though!

red13th

Sarkhan Vol is crazy in cube. Took me a while to add him because of the constructed stigma, but he does insane stuff, best Fires effect ever (that curves well into Siege Gang, love it), with a very reachable ultimate and a Threaten effect. He does a lot. Gruul top3 are set in stone IMO (BBE, Atarka and Vol in that order).

MoxManiac

Yeah, EDH is the only constructed format I play so that's my frame of reference when I evaluate cards. It's going to be dirty card in it.

Hero

Sarkhan Vol is crazy in cube. Took me a while to add him because of the constructed stigma, but he does insane stuff, best Fires effect ever (that curves well into Siege Gang, love it), with a very reachable ultimate and a Threaten effect. He does a lot. Gruul top3 are set in stone IMO (BBE, Atarka and Vol in that order).

Seconding this. I'm always happy to draft him in Cube.

Without sounding too crazy, Paradox Engine might be playable in Modern.

Turn 1: Land, Hierarch/birds, go
Turn 2: land, Chief Engineer, something?
Turn 3: Paradox Engine using Convoke,Sprout Swarm?

It means that Sprout Swarm combo doesn't need Jeskai Ascendancy.

Angry Grimace

If anything you have is spiking for Frontier you should sell sell sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom