• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: PS5 Digital Edition (Slim) is in stock at Amazon for $449

FeralEcho

Maybe he wants to beat Phil Spencer at selling PS5s.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Major Nelson just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about corporate culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is at Nintendo where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over at Xbox, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Xbox fanbase, after reading this, is not going to want to follow Major Nelson on any social media account, nor will they like and share any of his posts. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Major Nelson has alienated an entire fanbase with this move.

Nelson, publicly apologize and delete this tweet or you can kiss your reputation goodbye.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

The more they cry, the better.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Imagine your job being to promote a brand that was getting its ass kicked for years and then finally being free to say what you really want. Guy must be relieved. I bet Phil spencer can't wait to get out aswell. Guy looks frustrated and tired after running xbox all these years. He looks like he aged 15 years in only 2 actual years.

havoc00

Told you MS and Phil are too nice if he did this to Bobby and activision Bibby would have sent the gangs from manhunt after him

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Do we know where he went after MS? Maybe nowhere yet?

Never liked the dude, has the most punchable face in the industry.
Right there with you, quoting myself from the other thread from earlier today

I have gamed with Larry and Phil when mics aren't in their faces and Phil is actually a nice guy "off camera" but Larry came across as smug, arrogant and very condescending, someone I wanted to throat punch if I am being honest

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I’ve always liked him. I actually like most of them, not so much with Jim but even then I respect his work. Most of these folks do a pretty great job in my mind. I’m sure I’m in the minority.

Also, has no one seen miracle on 34th street?

Last edited:
They're out there acquiring online persona's?
Pretty sure they acquire everything. They wouldn't let someone like Larry Hyrb here own one of their Xbox marketing personas, because yeah now that he doesn't work for MS anymore he could take the Major Nelson name to Playstation or something. MS is nothing if not protective of everything they consider their property.

Note: They consider the entire Earth their property.

Three

Pretty sure they acquire everything. They wouldn't let someone like Larry Hyrb here own one of their Xbox marketing personas, because yeah now that he doesn't work for MS anymore he could take the Major Nelson name to Playstation or something. MS is nothing if not protective of everything they consider their property.

Note: They consider the entire Earth their property.
I wonder what happens regarding Larry's twitter handle.

Three

The tweets of a sacked man. Imagine getting sacked from Xbox management when Aaron Greenberg, Phil Spencer and Matt Booty still have a job.
Based on an old image I saw I think Larry was kind of awkward with the xbox management inner circle.
C40_JEOVYAEfqWo.jpg

Top Bottom