• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: PS5 Digital Edition (Slim) is in stock at Amazon for $449

Killjoy-NL

I’ve always liked him. I actually like most of them, not so much with Jim but even then I respect his work. Most of these folks do a pretty great job in my mind. I’m sure I’m in the minority.

Also, has no one seen miracle on 34th street?
He wasn't likeable, really.

Wasn't he the one that barked at Angry Joe, saying it wasn't a matter of just flipping a switch when Joe asked about that Always online-DRM?
Then like a week later MS announced they would abandon always online DRM?

Shane89

Whats Up Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Rt5ScMX.jpg

Please love me…
Crazy days.

As for Larry, I wonder if he's going to start posting deals with affiliate links, a million followers is monetisable, after all. With relatively low effort he could build and make that account pay dividends.

His role and duties at Xbox must surely have essentially been one that was created for him over time. I could imagine it being quite difficult to find something that is a good match for his skills, experience and the salary he's used to. Might as well use the resources you have available to you.

I always thought he was a pretty good broadcaster and likeable enough.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I was in a bestbuy yesterday and they had mountains of the Spider-Man bundle new ps5s. I’m expecting big numbers for both.

I was in a bestbuy yesterday and they had mountains of the Spider-Man bundle new ps5s. I’m expecting big numbers for both.

No doubt that both Sony and Nintendo are going to do extremely well. The only question is Xbox but I'm sure Circana and other sources will clarify that for us.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
No doubt that both Sony and Nintendo are going to do extremely well. The only question is Xbox but I'm sure Circana and other sources will clarify that for us.

I saw a few stacks of Mario switch but no stacks of Xbox. So I’m guessing not many for Xbox.

Little Mac

I ended up choosing the PS5 Slim Spider-man 2 bundle but got it through amazon so I can return it if for a Series X if I don't like it. I bought the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition online for $35 so I can play the first two games before the 2nd and I chose to pick up the game at my nearest Bestbuy. It was a mad house but it looked like the PS5 was doing extremely well. Maybe it's consumer bias since I just ordered it, but I think the news of a new hardware revision coupled with an exclusive such as a spider-man game will do wonders for Sony this holiday season.

I just really hope my slim doesn't sound like a fucking vacuum. Sony could have all the exclusives in the world and be outselling Xbox 20 to 1 and it wouldn't matter because obnoxious disc/fan noise really bothers me. Does anyone here have experience with the Slim? I'm coming from a Series S which didn't make any noise whatsoever.

Last edited:
Major Nelson soon the be Team Blue or hoping they scoop him up after this desperate attempt to keep relevant in their eyes? I always felt his departure from Xbox seems a little sudden and off. He was a staple of the brand and the community for a long time. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he is bitter if they let him go and then proceeded to promote and restructure the entire xbox organization. He could very well be eluding to an upcoming position with Playstation. We will have to wait and see either way.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Major Nelson soon the be Team Blue or hoping they scoop him up after this desperate attempt to keep relevant in their eyes? I always felt his departure from Xbox seems a little sudden and off. He was a staple of the brand and the community for a long time. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he is bitter if they let him go and then proceeded to promote and restructure the entire xbox organization. He could very well be eluding to an upcoming position with Playstation. We will have to wait and see either way.
It's probably not that elaborate. The guy is probably just trying to make affiliate money during the holiday sales rush.

reinking

Gold Member
Major Nelson just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about corporate culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is at Nintendo where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over at Xbox, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Xbox fanbase, after reading this, is not going to want to follow Major Nelson on any social media account, nor will they like and share any of his posts. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Major Nelson has alienated an entire fanbase with this move.

Nelson, publicly apologize and delete this tweet or you can kiss your reputation goodbye.
This is satire?

Brucey

I'm guessing he was trying to show that a digital slim PS5 is poor value for money? I mean who would buy this for $450 when you can get a disk drive model standalone from Target for $350 or disk drive game bundles for $450 everywhere?

ByWatterson

I don't know how much the rest of you know about corporate culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is at Nintendo where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over at Xbox, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Xbox fanbase, after reading this, is not going to want to follow Major Nelson on any social media account, nor will they like and share any of his posts. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Major Nelson has alienated an entire fanbase with this move.

Nelson, publicly apologize and delete this tweet or you can kiss your reputation goodbye.

This is the rare remake that is as much of an instant classic as the original.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

Is this a copy pasta? I vaguely remember this

Elysium44

Banned
It's probably not that elaborate. The guy is probably just trying to make affiliate money during the holiday sales rush.

He is presumably a multi-millionaire who can live a life of luxury the rest of his days without ever lifting a finger again. How much could he really earn from these affiliate links, a few hundred bucks at most, best case scenario?

Top Bottom