• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson Yahoo Chat PR Copy/Paste Extravaganza! [decline, deny, dodge, done.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Major Nelson (Larry Hryb):
I wanted to share what our new controller looks like. We're very proud of the design and what the team has done to make one of gamings best controllers even better

what the what

*MN posts picture of controller*

I wanted to share what our new controller looks like. We're very proud of the design and what the team has done to make one of gamings best controllers even better

(pointless)

Tan

Major Nelson said:

Uh. Alright.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Pacy63W.png

:lol oh wow.

Why would you have to work on keeping something the same? No-one's asking you to ask the publishers to let us copy our games and share them all over the place. The status quo shouldn't be some lofty, unreachable target.

Jason Gilbert, Yahoo News:
A question a lot of you are asking: What's behind the name "Xbox One," and how did you convince the entire world that it was going to be called the Xbox 720?
4:10

Buh?
Did the Major copy pasta the wrong answer? lol

"Major Nelson (Larry Hryb):
Xbox One because it is the ultimate all-in-one entertainment system."

What a stupid reason. So cheesy and gimmicky.

I asked "Nintendo and Sony allow independent developers to self publish on their platforms, but recently Microsoft has announced that they will not allow this. Why the restriction?"

Jason Gilbert, Yahoo News: A question a lot of you are asking: What's behind the name "Xbox One," and how did you convince the entire world that it was going to be called the Xbox 720?

(lame)

Major Nelson (Larry Hryb): Xbox One because it is the ultimate all-in-one entertainment system.
4:12

Major Nelson (Larry Hryb): As far 720 is concerned...that was a name the community came up with. We never considered that name.

Being Major Nelson must be a soul crushing existence. I'm not sure if I could get up everyday knowing that a PR team controls my every word.

Major Nelson (Larry Hryb): Today's gamers want access to great games...the Xbox One will have great games powered by Xbox LIVE. We've worked hard to create the ultimate All In One Console. BTW : We have a LOT more gaming news to share at E3 :)

Yes, we want access to all great games, though. Even those that came out on the 360, as well as those that are on XBLA.

Kobalty

tumblr_m5qbqucF4z1r3zat8.gif

Soft questions and this
"Major Nelson (Larry Hryb):

I wanted to share what our new controller looks like. We're very proud of the design and what the team has done to make one of gamings best controllers even better"

I dont know how much more of this I can take :(

*MN posts picture of controller*

(pointless)

To be fair it's the only thing they've gotten right.

I typed this question: "If policies are still being finalized, why did Phil Harrison state to three different news outlets what seem to be a fleshed out policy regarding used games?"

Doubt it will get answered.......

Dragon

Banned
Eh, this is pointless but at least they are visible. Sony has been a ghost since February.

Did Sony kick your dog? Seriously Microsoft is saying nothing but it's okay because they're taking time to say nothing rather than Sony just saying nothing? WTF.

Mindwipe

Questions that will mysteriously be lost in the shuffle -

• Larry, in retrospect was launching the console when major policy decisions "haven't been finalized" a massive PR cock up?
  • Larry, are developers charged to use the Azure cloud computing support for online calculations? If so, will we see the likes of EA stop providing support for single player games that use it 18 months after release rendering them unplayable?
  • Larry, can you confirm it here are actually dedicated multiplayer servers, and if they are mandatory for developers to use, or is it just that they can rent Azure if they want?
  • Larry, do you accept that the complexity of engineering the interaction with set-top box EPGs in different providers and territories mean 90% of Xbox One purchasers will never actually get this service launched in their area and provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom