• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making threads about what developers retweet is fun!

watershed

Banned
Oh man I hope its Star Fox. I haven't cared for how Miyamoto described this new Star Fox game, but if Platinum are behind it I feel better. Wasn't the easter egg in Bayo 2 just about the biggest hint ever?

Ezalc

I would hate to be a developer on Twitter. Everything I retweet would be considered a subtle announcement

Pretty sure if I was a developer on twitter people would have thought that there was like 10 F-Zero, Sunset Riders, Godhand, and Custom Robo sequels coming.

Given the
StarFox
easter egg in Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo saying that they were looking to outside companies to aid in its development, it seems like Platinum developing it is likely. They would be a pretty good fit for that type of game too.

Hatchtag

Banned
I would hate to be a developer on Twitter. Everything I retweet would be considered a subtle announcement

Eh, think it depends on what type of profile you maintain. If you retweeted a lot of various gaming announcements, I think people would quickly realize things you retweet aren't announcements.

Neiteio

Anything can happen, but I don't understand why people think Platinum would work on Star Fox, based on the information we have.

At last E3, Nintendo said the core mechanics are already done, and they just needed a partner to help flesh out the game.

Platinum would be wasted doing that. Platinum excels at mechanics. Star Fox already had the mechanics worked out.

Vinc

If that's the case, it's gotta be Metroid. Retro is teasing more DK stuff and Nintendo knows its fans want Metroid.

They gave Other M to Team Ninja, it would make sense to give Metroid to Platinum after Bayonetta 2.

I'm betting that's it. It can't be StarFox, IGN said unannounced game that will make us cry. It's Metroid.

Shauni

If that's the case, it's gotta be Metroid. Retro is teasing more DK stuff and Nintendo knows its fans want Metroid.

They gave Other M to Team Ninja, it would make sense to give Metroid to Platinum after Bayonetta 2.

I'm betting that's it.

What's this?

Ray Down

Banned
You all are reading too much into this.

Hashimoto also retweets Suicide Squad, Assassin's Creed, Star Wars, and a heap of other stuff.

You guys gotta remember these are real people, not amalgamations of all things hype existing for one purpose. If you follow their twitters you'll find they have a tendency to tweet all kinds of shit based on their personal interests. Hashimoto clearly likes Nintendo stuff (he has several Splatoon retweets). He also likes DC related stuff. And Star Wars. And video games.

Don't read into it.

Him retweeting the conference might be related, absolutely. But to assume as such or take the tweet as evidence they are related is a confirmation bias; the assumption that Platinum might be working with Nintendo, this game is a Nintendo published game, and picking and choosing "evidence" to support that theory.

The point is he's just a dude who likes things who is tweeting things and obviously likes and works with Nintendo ergo has retweeted the direct announcement just like he retweeted a heap of cool set pictures from Suicide Squad and the announcement of Disney Star Wars Infinity. The onus shouldn't be on him to reign in his personal interests on his personal twitter because Nintendo fans can't decipher between hobbies and the hype machine.

Maybe IGN's game is a Platinum developed Nintendo exclusive that'll set the internet on fire. Or maybe Hashimoto is just a kid now, a squid now, a kid now, a squid now.

Pizza

Anything can happen, but I don't understand why people think Platinum would work on Star Fox, based on the information we have.

At last E3, Nintendo said the core mechanics are already done, and they just needed a partner to help flesh out the game.

Platinum would be wasted doing that. Platinum excels at mechanics. Star Fox already had the mechanics worked out.

Actually I'd love if platinum got to handle the story side of things, that means they could still do scalebound and an unannounced title since their input would mainly be creative?

Because that'd be insane. I'd love to see what story they'd wrap around solid starfox mechanics!

Shauni

Actually I'd love if platinum got to handle the story side of things, that means they could still do scalebound and an unannounced title since their input would mainly be creative?

Because that'd be insane. I'd love to see what story they'd wrap around solid starfox mechanics!

Wait, you want Platinum to handle the story side of something? That's...kind of a new one to me, I think.

Nanashrew

Banned

I'm betting that's it. It can't be StarFox, IGN said unannounced game that will make us cry. It's Metroid.

Might be time for the ride to end. Nibel posted a screenshot of a Donkey Kong Land 3 fansite. No one seemed to have bothered clicking the link he posted under the picture. Ya'll all got trolled and everyone showed their true colors in how much they hate Donkey Kong.

Pizza

Most people wouldn't want W101 2, so if THAT was the new platinum game people would cry.

Until it's officially announced I'm willing to desperately grab onto any tiny shred of chance that W101 bombs will drop at e3. I won't be surprised when it's not actually there, but I'm going to hope so hard

Wait, you want Platinum to handle the story side of something? That's...kind of a new one to me, I think.

Hell yeah! They make rad character action games but W101 hit so many sweet spots storywise that they can ABSOLUTELY write starfox! Anything post-adventures has been smelly and I think platinum could go wild with a war in the lylat system.

Andross is a perfect final boss for them! It'd be so rad

-Horizon-

Let's not jump the gun.
I don't want this to turn into a moment where when the game is announced and it happens to not be a nintendo game and people on GAF crap on those who made these assumptions beforehand.

Vinc

What's this?

In their Twitter post about E3 today, they said "Can you dig it?"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167043823&postcount=317

It's not much, but I bet they're making that. I don't think they want to go another 3 years making a Wii U game if NX is coming, and if they'll go two years between projects, they won't want to tweak their engine to make a brand new game, they'll probably stick to DKC with a 2-year dev cycle. I think that'd be the smart thing to do. Just speculating though.

janoDX

If it's Rising 2 on WiiU, this will explode.

Probable choice might be PG Bayonetta for Smash 4 + Teaser of Bayo 3

Ray Down

Banned
Let's not jump the gun.
I don't want this to turn into a moment where when the game is announced and it happens to not be a nintendo game and people on GAF crap on those who made these assumptions beforehand.

Just follow what EatChildren said in the posts I brought and people should be fine.

MarkusRJR

I'd be hyped for Bayonetta 3, Wonderful 101, or a Platinum-made Star Fox or that rumored Sonic Mach 2 game.

Basically give me anything made my Platinum and I'd be happy. :p

Pizza

Let's not jump the gun.

Ill be happily wrong, then! Whatever platinum makes its going to be good and I'm just excited to see some more stuff from them! I'll be twice as happy if it's a game I'm hoping for, but if it's a ps4 exclusive I'll just be happy that the Wii U one was so damn good

Top Bottom