• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making threads about what developers retweet is fun!

I keep saying this but everyone tells me I'm overreacting.

That Vanquish x Star Fox/Metroid/F-Zero/etc. though

4d1.gif

Pizza

Maybe they should play Bayonetta and W101 again and then see how they feel.

I'd be way past excited if Nintendo handled the core gameplay and told platinum to go wild with the rest

Edit: so many of their games have evil twin villains and starfox has a whole evil twin TEAM and also the leader of said team is a British wolf with an eyepatch I mean *seriously*

Khrno

Someone mentioned in the previous thread that Hashimoto's Twitter is a personal one and he RTs Star Wars and Spider-Man stuff and that it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Yeah, I think Hashimoto likes Nintendo personally.

I'd still get their next game on any platform that is not the X1 since it's the only one I don't have and won't purchase.

Terrell

How long will platinum be able to survive these bombas?

*facepalm*
They're the gaming equivalent of sell-swords, dude, they get paid regardless.

That Platinum announcement is going to cause enough friction to burn down GAF regardless of what the game is or who is publishing it.

Red Devil

Well, I'll imagine something absurd... One could suppose it could be Metal Gear Rising 2 being a Wii U exclusive being packed with the first game like they did with Bayonetta 2, that way they could find a justification for Snake to return to the Super Smash Bros. roster as a DLC character.

Meanwhile at Konami...

It+pisses+me+off+_95cb73096d25601f28c5858954eddacf.jpg

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Another awesome game absolutely wasted on a platform that no one wants to buy games on. Fantastic!

What? Wii U games are still sold in stores. If there are fantastic games on the platform... what's stopping you from buying them?

Nanashrew

Banned
Another awesome game absolutely wasted on a platform that no one wants to buy games on. Fantastic!

Or it would be closer to, one of the only few companies willing to fund Platinum projects. If Sony wants their Platinum exclusive game, they gotta fund it.

You know what? It could also be for a Sony system, or a Microsoft system, how crazy is that???
By God you're right. He retweeted stuff about Bloodborne and the Batman Limited Edition PS4 back in March! It's a sign!

And he's been retweeting stuff about Spider-man. We're getting a Spider-man game!

Pizza

Well, I'll imagine something absurd... One could suppose it could be Metal Gear Rising 2 being a Wii U exclusive being packed with the first game like they did with Bayonetta 2, that way they could find a justification for Snake to return to the Super Smash Bros. roster as a DLC character.

Meanwhile at Konami...[/Img]

That'd be cool! I never picked up revengance so I'd be in the "I sure am glad bayonetta 2 comes with the first game!" Boat again! :D

hatchx

Banned
I'd like to see them deal with a Nintendo property. I don't even care which one. After W101 and Bayo2, two of my absolute favourite WiiU games and action games, they have most certainly earned it.

Trike

Here's my theory with a bit more substantial evidence;
metal_gear_rising_2_tease.jpg

phWdZnB.jpg

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/608076075273318400

http://platinumgames.com/2015/02/27/metal-gear-rising-2nd-anniversary/

Second Anniversary? Could be but why? It's not much of a milestone but guess what's significant about that number? Yes the 2. It's happening people. I can feel it in my veins.

I wonder what would get people more upset, this mobile game you theorize or another Nintendo system game?

mrmickfran

I'd be way past excited if Nintendo handled the core gameplay and told platinum to go wild with the rest

Edit: so many of their games have evil twin villains and starfox has a whole evil twin TEAM and also the leader of said team is a British wolf with an eyepatch I mean *seriously*

I'd... actually be down with this.

Subaru

Nintendo will announce "Nintendo Plus Gold" (or something like that) and the first free game will be The Wonderful 101.

That's explains the retweet =(

oSoLucky

bayonetta 2 1080p edition x1,pc,ps4

ha ha ha ha oh dear

i would say platinum announcements are better than their games.
so good

I remember the cboat XB1 exclusive leak(before we saw Scalebound) being filled with much anger. Platinum and FROM making deals does something to people.

if they keep releasing bombas whos gonna hired them again?

Platform holders. Their games are good as library value adds(such as Lost Odyssey/Blue Dragon) even if they don't make a ton of money. Similar concept to selling consoles at a loss. Speculated indirect profit.

Top Bottom