• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man charged with blasting neighbor's cat with shotgun, court records state

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
This reminds of a story about one of my friends cats, albeit slightly different. He got a small kitten from a group of five younglings, but eventually decided to not have it. It was then decided that the kitten would be put down because no one could find a proper home for it.

His dad took it upon him to carry out the task and put the kitten in a sack, took it outside, loaded his shotgun and shot the kitten.

Now here comes the unbelieveable part. The gunshot actually missed, and what was to be a fatal blow, instead struck the kittens back and tail, in sort of a straight line. My friend and his dad took it as a sign that the cat was supposed to live so they decided to adopt it. The cat, which is fully grown today, has a long stripe running from his back all the way out to the end of his tail. A memento that cats indeed have seven lives.

Long story short. Don't kill cats. Take care of them instead. They're beautiful animals and should be treated as such.

LordKasual

Banned
I say blast the asshole with a shotgun twice to see how he likes it. Fuck people who treat cats like their lives don't matter.

The cat was probably a porch robber

he's been known to have killed a few neighborhood animals

he also had catnip in his bloodstream

deserved it #neighborlivesmatter

Last edited:
Chipmunks and Squirrels are fair game, they eat my fruit trees and demolish my garden not to mention carry diseases . Hate those little bastards but cat’s are awesome even feral cats.

Feral cats are awful. I trapped a bunch of them using cat food and they stunk so bad. When I took them to the place where they kill unwanted animals they shit and pissed all over my truck.

GymWolf

too much postal 2 is not good for your brain

iua4hn.gif

samporter

Banned
I neither condemn or support his actions. Feral cats can be a nuisance, especially if you live in a house that has a backyard. They fight at night, poop in your garden, and disturb dog pets if you have them. Although what he did was cruel, it may be more humane than what others may do, which is poison, physically abuse/injure, or even use slingshot/arrow/pellet.
13d17f7788424c62b4fc099549fccc86.jpg

Last edited:
And what was your experience? Enlighten us.

I'm a landlord. I had to deal with approx a dozen feral cats at one of my rentals. They were hanging out, shitting all over the place, getting underneath buildings. It got so bad that someone called vector control on me and they told me I had to get rid of the cats because they were a health hazard.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Was never a cat person, don't get why other people should put up with your animals. Keep em in your homes or be better owners. Have some respect for the people that live in their own property. Same goes for dogs. That being said even I wouldn't kill a cat unless it was attacking a baby or something. Oh wait that would be a mountain lion. Anyway using a shotgun is completely overkill.
I'm a landlord. I had to deal with approx a dozen feral cats at one of my rentals. They were hanging out, shitting all over the place, getting underneath buildings. It got so bad that someone called vector control on me and they told me I had to get rid of the cats because they were a health hazard.
Yeah, feral cats carry diseases and destroy shit. They are basically meaner/cuter racoons.

GymWolf

I don't need a shotgun, my dog already take care of any stupid cat that enter in my property.

The fuckers almost blinded my small ex dog because he was friendly, the new one is bigger and it has a no bullshit policy.

llien

I actually had a problem of "neighbors cat comes to hunt birds in my backyard".
The problem was solved when my mother in law, which happened to visit us back then, started delivering the cat's bounty to the backyard of the owner.

nush

Gold Member
I had a problem with a neighbors cat coming into my house through the catflap and eating my cats food. Then it got worse as early one morning I was in bed and this cat had come all the way in my house upstairs and started a fight with my cat at the bottom of my bed.

I hated that little fucker, when it heard me come into the kitchen if it was in there eating my cats food it would rush out the catflap go part way down the garden turn and just stare at me. If it could the little furry poo ring would have flipped me off as well.

The cat was probably a porch robber

he's been known to have killed a few neighborhood animals

he also had catnip in his bloodstream

deserved it #neighborlivesmatter
I heard it had a heart condition, the shotgun blast probably had nothing to do with the cats demise.

Fuck that guy though, hope he's never allowed to own a gun for the rest of his life.

Last edited:

Knch

I actually had a problem of "neighbors cat comes to hunt birds in my backyard".
The problem was solved when my mother in law, which happened to visit us back then, started delivering the cat's bounty to the backyard of the owner.
What kind of cat doesn't bring the gift of the headless corpses of it's kills to his human?!

That's a shame.

I don't remember if I've told this story here before or not, but it fits the topic. My dad was a builder (brick/block mason) all his life, and in that setting, he sometimes met some unusual characters. Anyway, one of the guys he worked with at one time told him a story of burying a cat, only leaving its head exposed, and then running over it with a lawn mower. The cruelty in some is unimaginable.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
The man is a hero, domestic cats kill billions of small animals every year, and they are god awful pets with terrible dander that makes me sick.

Top Bottom