• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Edits Wind Waker so 3-Year Old Daughter Doesn't Feel 2nd Class

Eusis

I was more commenting on how remix culture is some kinda viable artistic movement in its own right. Source > Remix every single time.
There's always that potential of the remix being crap or arguably desecration of the original, or vice versa that a remix either improves and exceeds the original work or is at least a valid alternative take. Contrast, say, Disney movies with the original stories they're based on... then the cheap films made to bank on their success, or are just poor adaptions period.

People have and always will do their own takes on things (just look at that female Link fan art as an example) so those actually acting OFFENDED by this change is insane, doing something like renaming Rapunzel "Tangled" was more offensive than this. Yeah, I did bring up the point it's good to find some other works staring a female lead, but that's more for further reinforcement, not because I found this "stupid" or whatever.
She *will* learn about it someday, but people are just crazy if they think it will be a traumatizing discovery.
Assuming she doesn't already know, she may instead be thinking her dad has the special "Link is a girl" version, especially if she has enough reading ability to recognize when he was switching pronouns/words (or he straight up slipped up, which definitely seems plausible since he decided to just edit the game).

Zoe

edit: Why do people keep acting like the average kid today will have an in depth discussion at school about a gamecube Zelda game and be mocked by her peers in the process? How likely are you people imagining this scenario to be?

I remember a friend and I fighting over whether our brothers beat Final Fantasy.

Hagi

Link is a BOY?!?! you're not my real dad he wouldn't lie to me about things like this, i hate you!

tumblr_m6335g2Hrc1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

stupei

Well, when I was a kid I discussed a lot of dumb shit with peers (and not necessarily about new stuff). I remember a discussion about a Cassette console machine that played video games of Mexican groups.

Also, she could learn about it some years later when reading the manuals or with a simple internet search

Well... yes. I sort of assumed that she'd find out that Link is a boy at some point. I just didn't assume that it would be earth shattering or result in horrible ridicule from her peers like some seem to suggest.

Presumably her father will tell her when she's older than three. And when she talks about it with peers, she might say something like, "Yeah, my dad and I pretended Link was a girl for a while." Not really a huge deal.

Unless she tells some of her male friends, of course, because then they might start to act weird and defensive about a small gesture a father made for his daughter. How crazy would that be?

I remember a friend and I fighting over whether our brothers beat Final Fantasy.

I bet you can't even look each other in the eye to this day.

Hopefully she finds this thread and runs away from the home of the savage that modified a Zelda game.

Like I said: I dunno how a kid will react to this gesture but that is the magic of a "White Lie" to children: Humans, and specially children, are not exactly the most rational about this.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Lying about the existence of Santa is probably more Earth-shattering than discovering Link is a boy, guys. #stillmadaboutthatchristmas

Kazerei

Banned
Okami would have been a better choice. Main protagonist is female, it's like Zelda, and it's multicultural too! Win/win/win!

That said, I think this father is a really cool, dedicated parent to do this for his daughter.

Okami is rated T ... but it's not a bad suggestion :) A bit more violent and mature than Zelda, but it won't scar her. Probably.

vidcons

Banned
Like I said: I dunno how a kid will react to this gesture but that is the magic of a "White Lie" to children: Humans, and specially children, are not exactly the most rational about this.

Her 6 year old uterus will come crashing to the netted cloth fabric wrapping the computer chair. The father, in a desperate bid to keep his daughter alive, will speed down the highway to the hospital where the only cure is to pull the vagina out into a makeshift penis, forcing the child into a mental state of horrible, gender confusion.

Because this monster made Link a girl.

She *will* learn about it someday, but people are just crazy if they think it will be a traumatizing discovery.

Well, you will be surprised for the stuff that can traumatize a kid or at least leave it with issues with his/her parents.

But like I said, I do think is "harmless" in the long run, if a little condescending.

vidcons

Banned
Honestly, chain the guy up in a room with Miyamoto-san for 24 hours and see if he ever mentions the edit again.

Sentenza

Okami is rated T ... but it's not a bad suggestion :) A bit more violent and mature than Zelda, but it won't scar her. Probably.
I was very fond of Watership Down when I was five, after all.
And compared to Okami that's Pulp Fiction.

Her 6 year old uterus will come crashing to the netted cloth fabric wrapping the computer chair. The father, in a desperate bid to keep his daughter alive, will speed down the highway to the hospital where the only cure is to pull the vagina out into a makeshift penis, forcing the child into a mental state of horrible, gender confusion.

Because this monster made Link a girl.

Well, at least I'm trying to not use hyperbole in my arguments.

Eusis

I tend to think following ratings to the letter is kind of dumb anyway. Especially when sometimes the infractions are mild, you don't really think what bumped the rating up is a big deal, or they're just one year away from the next tier.

It's not an argument; it's just that signature brand of sardonic humor that pops up on GAF when a thread goes to shit. Or when a thread is massively derailed. Or when a thread is posted on the wrong board. Or on every 3rd Wednesday.

It's funny.

vidcons

Banned
I think it's pretty hyperbolic to suggest that she's going to have some sort of life shattering event when she discovers that Link's original conception was sexed: Boy.

Continue suggesting that kids murder their families or something when they find out Santa isn't real, though.

stupei

Suggesting that a dad who gives a shit about the media his small child consumes is being condescending while at the same time also potentially massively traumatizing the kid verges on hyperbole or possibly parody.

As compared to what he was doing, which was satire.

I respect his intent but this seems over the top to me and I doubt a 3 year old would even give half a shit. If you want to show your daughter that women can be strong heroes/leaders and can't find a videogame why not use a book? Or historical story? Or a movie? This comes off as half assed. Changing he's to she's doesn't really change any of the context of the story.

It's not an argument; it's just that signature brand of sardonic humor that pops up on GAF when a thread goes to shit. Or when a thread is massively derailed. Or when a thread is posted on the wrong board. Or on every 3rd Wednesday.

It's funny.

Well, I just tried to give a honest answer, specially when the issue is not black and white but not exactly earth shattering.

Suggesting that a dad who gives a shit about the media his small child consumes is being condescending while at the same time also potentially massively traumatizing the kid verges on hyperbole or possibly parody.

Again... where the heck I said I consider that specific lie to be traumatizing in the long run? I even said that it was probably harmless...

And about condescending, well is more or less what Ninja Scooter is saying.

Platy

I seem to remember their being many Hollywood movies where the male character exists to work super hard to earn a woman's favor and make her happy.

I think there are many books and TV shows like that too, that exalt male service to the female, a service which is generally regarded as very noble and proper. Hmm, perhaps life is more complicated than making simple judgments to fit an existing narrative?

It is very noble and proper in the same way that helping an old lady cross the road.... because you are protecting a being so fragile and defenseless that barely can WALK alone

Also, for hollywood movies, the female ALWAYS don't want to get with the dude at first (or else the movie would end in 3 minutes =P) , so the obvious choice to make her happy would be RESPECT HER DAMN CHOICE and giver her money or something if the idea is to make her happy only ... but NO, most hollywood males tent to take the women as someone who can't make decisions by thenself and by the end of the movie she is proved to be wrong and HE is happy with the women HE CHOSES.

So in the first we have women being equal to little kids who can't cross the road and in the second as trophys who can't take decisions.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It's a fictional story man ... he's lying about a fictional story. And she's 3-years-old, just let her imagine whatever.

But this isn't even up to her imaging or coming up with her own dreams though, which I would have been behind 100% - her dad shouldn't have to take a male's story and take every he out and change it to a she, let her come up with her own fantasies and become a strong woman with her dad's support.

Is this not an example of that?

I'd say supporting her own dreams instead of taking a male's story and switching it to a girl would be more supportive - I would call this the opposite in fact.

I can't even tell anymore who's joking who's not in this thread.

He didn't "fed her with LIES", he tweaked a game in an almost irrelevant way.
What she will remember one day isn't "My father betrayed my trust sweeping away all my values"; it's "my father was sweet enough to tweak a Zelda game to make me play Link as a girl".
Only delusional, rabid Nintendo fanboys could argue otherwise and be outraged by this.

And interestingly enough that's coming from someone who doesn't plan to tell any Santa Claus bullshit to his sons.

A bit much, but all I'm saying is that taking a male character and switching it to a girl doesn't seem like much help to me. Why not be better than that and create a female hero for her, who's even better than Link, instead of a character that's known worldwide for decades as a male? That shouldn't be so hard for you guys to understand where I'm coming from, right?

I agree, people don't need fake scenarios. Like video games. Or any fantasy fiction at all, really.

How dare this guy try to whitewash the well-documented historical truth of the Legend of Zelda.

I'm not even going to bother with this response, feel free to read my other responses above if you want a serious answer though.

I don't have the time to watch the video right now, but I can at least agree with your text. Like my earlier post suggested, he can do better than just taking a male and switching it to a female. I don't find that satisfactory at all. Maybe I'm setting the bar high or something. Even just teaching her that anything a guy can do a girl can do as well is a better source of support in my book.

I respect his intent but this seems over the top to me and I doubt a 3 year old would even give half a shit. If you want to show your daughter that women can be strong heroes/leaders and can't find a videogame why not use a book? Or historical story? Or a movie? This comes off as half assed. Changing he's to she's doesn't really change any of the context of the story.

My man.

Pyrrhus

Can you militants take this shit back to OT please? I don't have a problem with this guy doing this, though I agree with the follks who say it's a flimsy, half-assed sort of thing, even if his heart's in the right place. But every single time, the same people come out and have the same damn arguments about heteronormity and feminism.

I'd say supporting her own dreams instead of taking a male's story and switching it to a girl would be more supportive - I would call this the opposite in fact.

I guess I wanna get at what you consider "support" then. He used a hex editor to change the gender pronouns in the game to the female, so when she watches him play, she's essentially seeing herself in the main character of the story. He did this as a means of enhancing her experience (again, likely one of her first with fictionalized heroism of any kind, and more than likely her first where she'll recognize the gender of that hero)

How is that not "supportive" in the general sense of the word? Or more to your point - how is the above act antagonistic to her?

The "Supporting her own dreams" thing is weird to me, in that I don't understand why you're using that phrasing, or where it comes from in the course of this debate, unless you're suggesting Dad should wait until daughter dreams up her own heroine, and then comes to him with a request to do something about that.

NinjaScooter said:
If you want to show your daughter that women can be strong heroes/leaders and can't find a videogame why not use a book? Or historical story? Or a movie? This comes off as half assed.

He spent considerable hours doing it, so the half-assedness of it is in question, at least. He found a story that he thought would work pretty well - it just had the tiny problem of the hero's gender being not what he wanted.

I guess the question then becomes: Is the sanctity of this particular video game's story valued more than what the daughter might get out of that story if it's altered specifically for her? Is there something to the story that is unfairly broken/maligned by the father's re-editing it for his daughter?

stupei

Can you militants take this shit back to OT please? I don't have a problem with this guy doing this, though I agree with the follks who say it's a flimsy, half-assed sort of thing, even if his heart's in the right place. But every single time, the same people come out and have the same damn arguments about heteronormity and feminism.

You say it's flimsy and half-assed as if you assume he's trying to serve some really greater purpose -- making a huge statement! -- instead of just spending time with his kid. Are you saying it's a half-assed attempt at bonding? Or something else? I just don't get it.

It feels like people are ascribing a lot of additional motivations and assumptions to the guy and yet anyone who points out that it really just appears to be him being a really cool father and giving a shit about the media his child consumes -- and its impact on her -- are somehow the militants.

What makes you think he doesn't do that as well? He seems pretty sensitive to her feelings and how her experiences might impact her. Just because this article didn't give us a detailed breakdown of every bonding experience he and the kid have had, I'm not really sure why people are then making the leap to him never reading to her, not exposing her to film or art, or that he doesn't listen to her own ideas or appreciate her own imagination.

It just feels like a pretty big leap based on... seemingly nothing. The premise begins with "we were playing a game together," and so that's the central thrust of the article. Presumably they do other things together that are of little to no interest to Ars Technica.

Platy

This is the original topic =P

The father is doing this to prevent bad representation of females in gaming to affect his children's first videogame hero being the first media character to tell her how fucked up is female representation in media =P

Pyrrhus

This is the original topic =P

The father is doing this to prevent bad representation of females in gaming to affect his children's first videogame hero being the first media character to tell her how fucked up is female representation in media =P

Off Topic, not original topic. And I mostly mean this condescending sniping that any discussion of gender always devolves into with a certain set. Beyond that, I disagree that Wind Waker is a fucked up representation of women. Whatever your beef with Phantom Hourglass and Zelda's role in it, that stuff's not in WW.

Tuck

Sorry, but no. This is really stupid. Link is a boy. Always has been and always should be. Would I like more female characters in games? Sure. But going out of your way to change a character like that is really damn stupid.

Especially when the character model is clearly a boy.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I guess I wanna get at what you consider "support" then. He used a hex editor to change the gender pronouns in the game to the female, so when she watches him play, she's essentially seeing herself in the main character of the story. He did this as a means of enhancing her experience (again, likely one of her first with fictionalized heroism of any kind, and more than likely her first where she'll recognize the gender of that hero)

How is that not "supportive" in the general sense of the word? Or more to your point - how is the above act antagonistic to her?

The "Supporting her own dreams" thing is weird to me, in that I don't understand why you're using that phrasing, or where it comes from in the course of this debate, unless you're suggesting Dad should wait until daughter dreams up her own heroine, and then comes to him with a request to do something about that.

Either way, she's three years old, so right now she can't even appreciate what he did to the text in the game in the way your saying it right now.

I don't know how to put it any other way in saying that it isn't really that supportive to me to show his daughter that she can be a strong female by using a male's story. Finding a story/person that is actually about a female, even if he has to venture outside video games is what *I'd* call supportive. Despite how long it took him to switch all the he's to she's, that just seems lazy to me. I'm sorry if that still isn't clear to you.

Your second point was something I threw out there as something that would be better than swapping a male's story out and saying he's a she. Supporting her dreams is one day she comes up to her father saying that she wants to be a pilot, a doctor, a firefighter, an astronaut, anything - and him saying I support you and I will do everything in my power to help you realize this dream.

Beyond that, I disagree that Wind Waker is a fucked up representation of women. .

I don't know that a large majority of those in this thread have pushed that notion (although it has been argued, sure) In fact, it appears that Wind Waker was chosen because Link is very androgynous in the game, and thus it's easier to make the hero a girl instead of a boy by simply switching the pronouns.

Skillotonn said:
Supporting her dreams is one day she comes up to her father saying that she wants to be a pilot, a doctor, a firefighter, an astronaut, anything - and him saying I support you and I will do everything in my power to help you realize this dream.

I guess this is where I'm confused: Do you think a guy who thinks enough of his 3 1/2 year old daughter that he'd put in the work to re-edit Wind Waker WOULDN'T tell his daughter "I support you and would do everything in my power to help you" when she does eventually come to him and ask for his help/support?

stupei

Off Topic, not original topic. And I mostly mean this condescending sniping that any discussion of gender always devolves into with a certain set. Beyond that, I disagree that Wind Waker is a fucked up representation of women. Whatever your beef with Phantom Hourglass and Zelda's role in it, that stuff's not in WW.

Condescension and sniping are certainly not limited to discussions of gender, though.

This is GAF. We're equal opportunity assholes.

http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/just-another-princess-movie/
I suppose most girls remember when they became aware of themselves as specifically female viewers. Growing up in the eighties, I watched movies about boys and girls with equal relish, empathizing with the protagonists and getting totally absorbed in story without my parts getting consciously in the way. When I realized the boys in my classes didn’t do the same thing — they refused to see themselves in female protagonists and found the prospect humiliating to contemplate — I felt I had overstepped my bounds. Feeling simultaneously embarrassed at being so profligate with my sympathy and spiteful towards those who weren’t, I started watching movies the way I was supposed to: as a girl, specifically.

Boy, was it bleak.

If you don’t get to be Indiana Jones and have to think about how he is with girls, if you have to wonder, while watching Treasure Island, whether any of the characters you loved would even talk to you, movies become kind of painful. You do find ways around it. For one thing, you start actively seeking out stories where people don’t rule you out quite so much. You look for “girl movies.” Barring some truly wonderful exceptions, you get used to eating the same three meals over and over, forever. Without thinking about it too hard I’ll approximate them as spunkiness, pathos, and transformation. Working Girl, He’s Just Not That Into You, Grease. Again, some of these are great. Most are derivative.

Given the sameness of the flavors on offer, you become a sort of expert at spotting slight variations. You watch not so much for the arc (that’s almost always disappointing) but for certain arresting moments. When you find these, you treasure them. You dissect their context away and relish them — sometimes for themselves, sometimes for the endings they didn’t have.

I don’t claim this is universal, but many female viewers I’ve had conversations with over the years have expressed similar, if not identical, practices. We have watered-down expectations when it comes to women in film. Most movies, even the great ones, we watch for their perfect middles. Sometimes we edit the films post post-production and pretend the end never happened at all.

Either way, she's three years old, so right now she can't even appreciate what he did to the text in the game in the way your saying it right now.

you're right of course, she'll probably just assume that a female character is as capable and worthy of adulation as a male character. which is sort of the point.

xemumanic

I appreciate the intention, the motive, but not the method.
He could have just given her games where to protagonist is a female.

His 3 year old daughter reading? Very nice.
I doubt she really does though.

pargonta

i don't approve of changing artistic creations for this end.

dude is silly. find a piece of fiction that satisfies what you're looking for, don't change pieces of fiction.

silly silly stupid.

Platy

The topic is what then ?
Vandalizing a Nintendo propriety ? =P

Wind Waker IS fucked up representation of women.

Or did you forget the dungeun where you have to POSSES a female character and literaly carry her where you want and trow her like an iten worst than a hookshot
(and lets not even talk about how link has the same habilities carrying her than carrying a chicken in previous zelda games ...)

Or did you forgot how Tetra awesomenes is INSTANTLY forgotten and she is treated like a handicapped piece of glass the INSTANT she puts a dress ?
Only to LITERALY be used as a PUPPET later ?

Did you forgot how Link's grandma only is there to cook ?

Or how link's sister is only there to be KIDNAPPED ?

How every single thing that looks a little treating (and therefore showing a little bit of power) is male ?

OF COURSE there are worst videogames, but wind waker is NOT a good example =P

Sorry, but no. This is really stupid. Link is a boy. Always has been and always should be. Would I like more female characters in games? Sure. But going out of your way to change a character like that is really damn stupid.

This is like people arguing that changing a character's skin color is a sin while his character don't have ANYTHING to the fact that he NEED to be white.

What does Link does so importantly that needs him to be male ?
Being stalked by a fish girl ? =P
You can chance the gender of her too and it will become even more believable =P

Especially when the character model is clearly a boy.

erhmmm...

What I find most fascinating about this story is that I never realized just how androgynous Toon Link was until now. Changing all of the pronouns would actually work, in this instance.

I appreciate the intention, the motive, but not the method.
He could have just given her games where to protagonist is a female.

His 3 year old daughter reading? Very nice.
I doubt she really does though.

read better.

i don't approve of changing artistic creations for this end.

dude is silly. find a piece of fiction that satisfies what you're looking for, don't change pieces of fiction.

silly silly stupid.

the author died a long time ago, might be time to move on.

Rubius

I think this is bad. This create a seperation between boys and girls. Instead of saying "Yeah you can be like this boy and be a hero" he went and changed so that she could say "Oh yeah heroes are girls."
Instead of going the Equalist way, he went the Feminist way. I dont like that. But I would like a Zelda game where Zelda is a the hero and where Ganon captured Link. A game that does not suck *cough* CDI*cough*.

pargonta

the author died a long time ago, might be time to move on.

hoye, the author of the article, and the creators of wind waker are still alive. i don't quite get your joke.

i get mad at all infringements of free speech. you do not alter someone elses creation. there's nothing more to it than that. the discussion about gender doesn't even need to happen. censorship or just minor changes, you don't do it, and that's the end.

edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_the_Author

no joke, a belief in the the sanctity of a creators intent went out with disco.

hrmm, well i'm old timey then lol.

brian!

I mean look
he's changing something historically male and trying to give it a different context

all this talk about giving existing example of politically correct female characters doesn't really play here

like the fact that it's weird, that it's tampering with some canonical video game is the whole point, it's not that Zelda is particularly male orientated or something compared to the entirety of the video game example

this whole mood of "don't change the original" is exactly what is being combated here, when original means patriarchal, etc.

if someone were to i introduce more genders to the traditional boy vs. girl choice in pokemon, for example, you can't really point them elsewhere that's not what the point is

Kazerei

Banned
But this isn't even up to her imaging or coming up with her own dreams though, which I would have been behind 100% - her dad shouldn't have to take a male's story and take every he out and change it to a she, let her come up with her own fantasies and become a strong woman with her dad's support.

You're suggesting that she didn't come up with the fantasy herself? How does that work? Nobody could force the girl to imagine herself as Link. That kind of stuff just happens, and her father chose to support her.

A bit much, but all I'm saying is that taking a male character and switching it to a girl doesn't seem like much help to me. Why not be better than that and create a female hero for her, who's even better than Link, instead of a character that's known worldwide for decades as a male? That shouldn't be so hard for you guys to understand where I'm coming from, right?

How is someone supposed to create a new character inside an already-built videogame? Really, the suggestions that he play or do something else just miss the point: he wants to play Wind Waker.

I don't have the time to watch the video right now, but I can at least agree with your text. Like my earlier post suggested, he can do better than just taking a male and switching it to a female. I don't find that satisfactory at all. Maybe I'm setting the bar high or something. Even just teaching her that anything a guy can do a girl can do as well is a better source of support in my book.

Yeah, you definitely set the bar too high. It's just a simple gesture, it doesn't have to be the most perfect solution ever. And you also act like this is the only thing the father is doing to educate his daughter.

I think this is bad. This create a seperation between boys and girls. Instead of saying "Yeah you can be like this boy and be a hero" he went and changed so that she could say "Oh yeah heroes are girls."
Instead of going the Equalist way, he went the Feminist way. I dont like that. But I would like a Zelda game where Zelda is a the hero and where Ganon captured Link. A game that does not suck *cough* CDI*cough*.

what the fuck

hoye, the author of the article, and the creators of wind waker are still alive. i don't quite get your joke.

brian!

the feminist way is the "equalist" way...that might be why it's problematic. acknowledgement by reversal, the illusion of giving "more" space to an oppressed group, etc.

what the fuck

I don't think this belief has gone away. I mean maybe in the academy to a certain extent, but the power of author definitely still holds sway in many different ways

Rubius

At 3, I was using the words killed when I spoke about Koopas and Goombas.
I knew the difference between Fiction and Reality and I knew that Santa was fake. I could play Doom and other "violent" games and movie.
And after all of this, I still have my Winnie The Pooh I got at 3, with me watching me sleep from its shelve.

Violence does not scar kids. Parents over protecting kids from anything scar kids. Like that girl from the finding Bliss movie. She asked what a Blowjob was when she was like 8 and instead of answering, her father slapped her to tears. And she was had scars about sex.

brian!

At 3, I was using the words killed when I spoke about Koopas and Goombas.
I knew the difference between Fiction and Reality and I knew that Santa was fake. I could play Doom and other "violent" games and movie.
And after all of this, I still have my Winnie The Pooh I got at 3, with me watching me sleep from its shelve.

Violence does not scar kids. Parents over protecting kids from anything scar kids. Like that girl from the finding Bliss movie. She asked what a Blowjob was when she was like 8 and instead of answering, her father slapped her to tears. And she was had scars about sex.

the narrative of "I was hit when I was a child and I turned out ok" is pretty problematic. first of all it's anecdotal, you can't really equate your own experience with other people's living situations. and secondly, you didn't turn out ok, you think it's ok to hit children.

I don't mean you per se, I'm just talking about that attitude.

there's also definitely a difference between overprotecting and subjecting someone to violence

xemumanic

read better.

I don't have to read better for anything. The point was made well enough that I don't need to read the article, which I since have. Which, further to the point, she CAN'T read yet. So his work is wasted anyway. He's READING to her his changed text.

It's great that he's playing games with his daughter. But he didn't have to do this. It's up to him and her mother to teach her these things, up to them to teach her that the world isn't fair. But no, instead, he's just lying to her.

Rubius

the feminist way is the "equalist" way...that might be why it's problematic. acknowledgement by reversal, the illusion of giving "more" space to an oppressed group, etc.
The equalist way would have been to celebrate the boys courage, and encourage the girl to do this. Changing facts to make it that its a female who does the deeds, diminish the male contribution, and try to implant that girls should be better than boys.
This is Feminism. Feminism is only a female version of Machism. Machism is bad. Feminism is bad. You do not fix something by pushing only in one direction.

What if this was reverted? What if a parent changed the ending of Metroid so that Samus was a boy so that the boy who play it does not feel diminished? Would that be considered cool and correct? No, Feminist would try to behead the parent who did this.

Top Bottom