• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man who paid $750 for photo of Xbox One gets free system

sLight

Banned
Rewarding retards. I hope his kid gets taken away by child services.

While I am sure there's good odds on that, I am merely saying why people responded to this story and rewarded him. They are not rewarded the Dad's stupidity, but trying to save a Kid's Christmas despite his Dad's idiocy. It's not worth getting indignant over unless there is an investigation that proves it is not for the kid.

4 year old kid wants an xbone and its somehow going to save Christmas?

jmcoo7

Banned
Seriously this guy is a Student, wtf how can he afford 500 pounds for Xboxes. Check his Twitter some interesting stuff.

Codeblue

While I am sure there's good odds on that, I am merely saying why people responded to this story and rewarded him. They are not rewarded the Dad's stupidity, but trying to save a Kid's Christmas despite his Dad's idiocy. It's not worth getting indignant over unless there is an investigation that proves it is not for the kid.

I don't know, using your kid to manipulate people into feeling sorry for you because you couldn't be bothered to read seems like an appropriate thing to be irritated at.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
r u avin a giggle m8?

I swear it was some weird shit.. like "naw mate i don liv me mums no mo yhyhyhyh" or something. And I think in the other thread someone linked one of his tweets that basically said the console was for him.

Amir0x

Banned
I don't know, using your kid to manipulate people into feeling sorry for you because you couldn't be bothered to read seems like an appropriate thing to be irritated at.

But we don't actually know that's the case. It's just conjecture. No reason to jump to the conclusion without further evidence.

Like I said, i'd agree that's very likely... but to get angry over something no one knows for sure, when the reason the store is really giving the thing to him is because they believe a 4 year old will be without a console for Christmas, is just wasting one's energy. Do you have any better proof it's not for the kid?

jmcoo7

Banned
I swear it was some weird shit.. like "naw mate i don liv me mums no mo yhyhyhyh" or something. And I think in the other thread someone linked one of his tweets that basically said the console was for him.

Yeah whole things a bit strange to me, ah well that's the UK now for you.

This is a conspiracy. Mark my words this is an elaborate plan by Microsoft to gain support of all 19 year-olds with 4 year-old kids. Just another tick in the box to world domination.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
TBF the seller was clearly a con artist, he knew precisely what he was doing. As stupid as he was the scammer should be getting the ire here not the victim blaming going on here.

Yeah he probably is a pretty early dad, he never listened when his friends told them about condoms...

but that's just how xbox people are, they never listen

southparkjoke

Idiot my ass, he was scammed plain & simple. Those people who sold that should have their account frozen & banned from eBay.

He read the description and it did say the auction was for a picture of a box.

He did get scammed, but he's also an idiot. It can be both, you know.

And now he's rewarded for it, so fuck the rest of us for using common sense once in a while I guess.

Codeblue

But we don't actually know that's the case. It's just conjecture. No reason to jump to the conclusion without further evidence.

Like I said, i'd agree that's very likely... but to get angry over something no one knows for sure, when the reason the store is really giving the thing to him is because they believe a 4 year old will be without a console for Christmas, is just wasting one's energy. Do you have any better proof it's not for the kid?

You're being really naive tonight. The store is giving him an Xbox for publicity, they don't care about him or his kid.

Obviously I can't prove that either, but I can't really take people at their word when logic is stacked against it.

Teknoman

Honestly its hard to get scammed these days on Ebay. With the buyer protection, he could have just filed a claim, and got his refund.

The best part of the story was always that he saw the ebay sale was for a photo of an XBONE, but still bought it because he thought that must be a mistake.
No contact to the seller, he just assumed he was right and the seller was wrong.

It's shitty that ebay gave him his money back.

jmcoo7

Banned
Just type his name in Google it's there. His Twitter sounds like a diary of Adrian Mole aged 3 and a half only with a minus IQ

So, all UK game stores have male models working on retailer?

IHkFApJ.jpg

hodgy100

haha notts slang is the worst. I will happlity translate though if anyone gets stuck :D

I can't believe a lot of yous actually believe that he bought the xbone for his 4yr old. You guys are just as stupid as he is.

wow headline should read "man rewarded for being an idiot"

Edit: and why isn't his "son" in the picture with him? he probably doesn't even have one.

NewGame

Banned
I am still irked by 19 year old with a 4 year old, let alone buying him an an Xbone which doesn't exactly have a plethora of child friendly titles.

But really, peoples hearts went out to someone who was eBay scammed? What a load of tripe. Did he get on the 6 o'clock news with a big sob story?

hodgy100

So let me get this straight. He's 19 years old and he has a 4 year old son? So he had his first child when he was 15?

ill never forget the shock I felt when i went to pick up my GCSE results (so i was 16) and one of the pupils in my year wheeled in a baby in a pram. my jaw hit the floor.

Top Bottom