• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man yelled racial slurs before machete attack in Northern California

Slayven

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-hate-crime-machete-20170530-story.html

750x422

A California man is facing hate crime and other charges after police say he stabbed a black man with a machete after yelling racial slurs over the holiday weekend.

Police in Clearlake, about 80 miles north of San Francisco, say they responded to an apartment complex Saturday night after people reported someone yelling racial slurs in the parking lot and later attacking the victim with the knife.

Police say the 34-year-old suspect, Anthony Hammond, went back into his apartment and an hours-long standoff began. He eventually came out of the apartment and was arrested.

In addition to a hate crime count, Hammond is charged with aggravated mayhem, battery and assault. He's being held on more than $1 million bond.

Attorney information for Hammond couldn't be located online.

There was no immediate information from authorities on the condition of the stabbing victim.

Another act in a reign of terror

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just a lone wolf. Back to your regularly scheduled society.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Shaggy's a fucking shithead in real life.

akira28

What's his gofundme?

And what's the address of the jail they're holding him for the love letters?

just another drug user pushed to the edge, who also happens to have yelled some racial epithets.

What's his gofundme?

And what's the address of the jail they're holding him for the love letters?

just another drug user pushed to the edge, who also happens to have yelled some racial epithets.

Who among us wouldn't scream an epithet or two before slicing down a person of color if our life had been ruined by a job-stealing immigrant?

And look, the man lives in California! It's impressive he kept his sanity as long as he did living amongst those violent, brain-addled psychopaths.

Lone wolf, mentally ill, etc.

Nothing to see here, folks.

There's a lot to see.

If we as a society think that things happening nationally aren't pushing people to their limits within the confines of the bubbles in which even their unhealthy minds think, we are kidding ourselves.

There's a lot to see.

If we as a society think that things happening nationally aren't pushing people to their limits within the confines of the bubbles in which even their unhealthy minds think, we are kidding ourselves.

There are plenty who will never see this story. And those that do, will be told the story the quoted post is showing.

akira28

What's the purpose of posts like these?

black satire over the way these events become normalized and part of the background noise of our "busy society". gotta make it to the train on time so we can stand in line to get that sweet drink before sitting at the keybored all day. what were we talking about again?

akira28

Public service. Helps the hopeful and naive keep their expectations in check, and ensures that they fall from a safe height when they finally resign themselves to reality.

lol also helps as a map key if this thread some how makes it to page 20.

meanwhile I've been practicing my wrist blocks, and wish I could remember the judo throws...

Dem crazy eyes holy shit.

His eyes look completely normal to me. looks like the tired guy waiting for the bus...with a fucking machete under his shirt.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. Shaggy is going to flip out when he finds out Scooby is boning that black poodle down the street.

Edit for real talk: it's alarming how quickly racist stabbings have become a thing. :/

Edit 2: sword guy in NY, College kid in Maryland, Portland a few days ago and now this. Four I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure we could google more.

Top Bottom