• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manafort Notes of Russian Meeting Mention "RNC Donations"

WASHINGTON — Paul Manafort's notes from a controversial Trump Tower meeting with Russians during the 2016 presidential campaign included the word "donations," near a reference to the Republican National Committee, two sources briefed on the evidence told NBC News.

The references, which have not been previously disclosed, elevated the significance of the June 2016 meeting for congressional investigators, who are focused on determining whether it included any discussion of donations from Russian sources to either the Trump campaign or the Republican Party.

It is illegal for foreigners to donate to American elections. The meeting happened just as Trump had secured the Republican nomination for president, and he was considered a longshot to win. Manafort was the campaign chairman at the time.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...t-contain-cryptic-reference-donations-n797816

Boom.

Sephzilla

So there's references to donations during the same meeting where Trump met with Russians. This seems pretty big, especially since it implicates the entire Republican party

If Trump's win actually manages to bring down the whole GOP....lol.

I mean, I know that's still a real long shot, but this shit just keeps getting juicier and juicier.

Permanently A

stringer-criminalfuckingconspiracy.gif

Foffy

Banned
The party of big money would totally accept money from other governments for power.

Here's hoping it goes deeper than Trump.

Dems need to demand the recusal of all GOP members on the intelligence, judiciary, etc. committees investigating Russiagate.

They won't get it, but they should have the demand on record.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
You follow the notes, you'll end up with Russians and Russian handlers.

But if you follow the money, who knows where you'll end up.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think this and the still not totally clear "were the actual election tallies altered?" could lead to a magnificently awful constitutional crisis.

If the actual results of the election were mechanically rather than socially altered, then we'd be in a situation that the constitution has no remedy for.

And the GOP would turtle, if you'll pardon the pun. There aren't any grownups left in it.

kirblar

So there's references to donations during the same meeting where Trump met with Russians. This seems pretty big, especially since it implicates the entire Republican party
They've been implicated for a while now. (see: Ryan shutting up McCarthy in that meeting) Just getting more and more obvious how deep this goes.

Surfinn

I hope this isn't the whole story. It's big but I want more specific details.

Come on NYT/WaPo.. don't let me down.

Definitely a significant development.

God these fuckers were so dumb.

I'm absolutely terrified if there was someone on the GOP side that was actually smart (eg Lelouch in Code Geass-lol anime) and ran for President

most of this administration is fucking dumb as a rock

gutshot

Happen will nothing

Even if Trump himself escapes unscathed (please god no), it is becoming more and more likely that a number of people on his campaign and potentially high-level RNC officials are going to get hit with some charges due to Mueller's investigation.

Magwik

Banned
I think this and the still not totally clear "were the actual election tallies altered?" could lead to a magnificently awful constitutional crisis.

If the actual results of the election were mechanically rather than socially altered, then we'd be in a situation that the constitution has no remedy for.

And the GOP would turtle, if you'll pardon the pun. There aren't any grownups left in it.
I mean this entire ordeal has had Constitutional crisis written all over it from the start.

_Ryo_

Happen will nothing

You're saying this as sarcasm but its true. When the entire Republican party is implicated what incentive do they have to do anything when they already control all branches of government?

There is no incentive when the party is guilty as a whole.

-----
To be clear,I am specifically speaking about Trump being impeached. Flynn and Manafort are most likely going to be thrown under the bus.

Top Bottom