• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manafort Notes of Russian Meeting Mention "RNC Donations"

KingV

I am pretty convinced he's been flipped for a while. He's been the only smart Trumpite; quiet and hidden. Because he's a mercenary. People like Sater and Manafort know that information is a great way to mitigate hard time in prison when the chips are down.

These came from his personal notes. Mueller subpoena'd that stuff months ago. I have yuuuuuuuge doubts about Manafort's steadfastness when it's obvious he's caught dead to rights for money laundering and who knows what else.

Yeah, Paul manafort is a 68 year old man. I suspect he'll do anything required to avoid dying in prison.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
I can see Sater flipping and helping the investigations (prior news on his character, recent news on this whole story), but Mueller might be pressuring Manafort because he has not flipped and is still a work in process.
Agreed, there's been a spate of recent stories on people surrounding Manafort getting a lot of pressure from Mueller. It indicates he hasn't flipped yet.

I'd bet Flynn has, though.

Joe

Lots of heat and the investigation hasn't even reached the Kazakhstan oligarchs yet...

Financial Times (October 2016) | Dirty money: Trump and the Kazakh connection
A Financial Times investigation has found evidence that one Trump venture has multiple ties to an alleged international money laundering network. Title deeds, bank records and correspondence show that a Kazakh family accused of laundering hundreds of millions of stolen dollars bought luxury apartments in a Manhattan tower part-owned by Mr Trump and embarked on major business ventures with one of the tycoon’s partners.
One former executive at a developer that worked with Mr Trump accused him of “wilful obliviousness” to the details of his partners’ dealings.
Elvira Kudryashova, Mr Khrapunov’s California-based daughter.
According to correspondence and company documents seen by the FT, both Mr Sater and Mr Ridloff worked closely with Elvira Kudryashova in 2012.

So will the terrorist organization that exists to cultivate the ignorant and the worst of us, the Republican party, finally go down?

Yeah, Paul manafort is a 68 year old man. I suspect he'll do anything required to avoid dying in prison.

Yeah, I agree. I feel like the reason these notes even exist are because he wanted to have something, anything to give up if he got caught in an attempt to save himself. I have very little doubt he's completely flipped at this point. Like you said he's up there in age and I doubt he feels any reason to be loyal to Trump or anyone like him at this point when Trump has shown time and time again he'll backstab you regardless.

Lots of heat and the investigation hasn't even reached the Kazakhstan oligarchs yet...

Financial Times (October 2016) | Dirty money: Trump and the Kazakh connection
Between everything we know about trumps business deals and the reports of all the shady people and governments involved i can't wait to see it all get revealed.

Imagine the visual webs that will be unveiled, the complex actions that seemingly connect every major global criminal organisation/government. Its going to be a Mammoth study that will probably never be fully revealed.

When trump and his friends go down you'll be reading from all kinds of people - who are completely silent now - how they were disgusted with him all along and knew he was crooked and so on and so forth, it'll be a deluge of jumping on his corpse from opinion leaders, CEOs and famous people and of course republican politicians.

Just remember how few of them had the backbone to say anything while they weren't sure how long trump was going to remain in power.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Unfortunately for him I get the impression that he doesn't have anything to offer that they can't dig up on their own.

KingV

Unfortunately for him I get the impression that he doesn't have anything to offer that they can't dig up on their own.

You might be right, but at the same time I am sure the investigators would love if they have the whole thing tied up in a neat little bow to make the case as easily as possible.

AndyD

aka andydumi
When trump and his friends go down you'll be reading from all kinds of people - who are completely silent now - how they were disgusted with him all along and knew he was crooked and so on and so forth, it'll be a deluge of jumping on his corpse from opinion leaders, CEOs and famous people and of course republican politicians.

Just remember how few of them had the backbone to say anything while they weren't sure how long trump was going to remain in power.

Yep. This is where the real extent of this will come to light. How many people were willing to go along with it just for their own benefit.

I can see Sater flipping and helping the investigations (prior news on his character, recent news on this whole story), but Mueller might be pressuring Manafort because he has not flipped and is still a work in process.

If you can get multiple flippers, you have access to more information. Sater may know parts of the conspiracy that Manafort didn't and vice versa.

Joe

Politico is saying original NBC was pretty much wrong

Politico | Notes from meeting with Russians said not to be damaging to Trump family
The notes from Manafort, these people said, are about financier Bill Browder, a key player in the Magnitsky Act, which sanctioned Russian officials for human rights abuses. In retaliation for those sanctions, Russia banned U.S. citizens from adopting Russian children.

The notes include a spirited case on why Trump officials should overturn the act and why Republicans could support it. It indicates that the Russian officials made critical comments about Browder, but that Trump officials seemed to know little about the legislation or how it came about.

The notes do not contain the word “donor,” as NBC News previously reported, but they appear to explain the background of a key player involved in the act, these people said, and this person’s previous donations to the Republican National Committee.

Top Bottom