• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maneater - Next gen versions trailer (I think, no sure)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Maneater launched today digitally and at retail on next-generation consoles, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, and will be available on PS5 on November 12.
Fully evolved for the next generation of console systems, Maneater supports native 4K HDR at 60 FPS, and new lighting effects that will bring the underwater world of Maneater to life like only the next gen consoles can, with Ray-Tracing coming soon in a post-release patch.
Xbox Series S owners will also benefit from increased graphical fidelity and frame rate. The PC version of Maneater will receive next-gen updates in the first half of 2021.
More information on those enhancements will be coming in the near future.

Players who currently own Maneater on Xbox One or on PS4 have access to a free, full upgrade, so as their console evolves, Maneater does too.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Thought it's a Demon's Souls remake boss trailer lol. Just beat that in the original, what a bitch. Still, I died a lot more by Dark Souls' gargoyles boss fight. But that's probably cos I'm not new at these games after beating that, otherwise it'd be the reverse maybe.

Last edited:

Dark Star

LMAO that's some over the top Sharknado stuff right there. Looks fun! The world needs more shark/dinosaur/play as an animal and kill people type games haha.

Last edited:

Stuart360

There is something strangely appaealing about this game. I have been waitin for it to hit around $20 on the Epic Shitstore, then i'm going to jump right in lol.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
One of the coolest games this year, for sure. I love it when devs just do something wildly different, and they sure did with this.

TimFL

Bought this for the current discount on PSN and I have to say... pretty addicting.

That being said, the game is a trainwreck:
- Stutters and complete frozen frames happening 24/7 (making fights, if you aren‘t maxed out / OP, a nightmare cause you lag around)
- Random loading screens when they can‘t stream assets fast enough
- Several trophies refuse to pop... trophies that should be unmissable due to being tied to story progress (predator trophies... barely any popped for me, rendering the platinum unreachable for me).... that‘s very annoying cause I don‘t plan on grinding through this game again once they eventually fix this... if they do
- Difficulty drops harshly the further you progress through the story due to unlocked upgrades that make you OP... I can literally bite away at big bosses with electricity fields without worrying about health

I really hope they fix the performance issues and retroactively pop the predator trophies so I can get the platinum (I‘m 100% done, but missing trophies that failed to pop).

GymWolf

There is something strangely appaealing about this game. I have been waitin for it to hit around $20 on the Epic Shitstore, then i'm going to jump right in lol.
If you like sharks and open world games you probably gonna like it.

I bought at day one and even with all his big limits i had a lot of fun with it.

Top Bottom