• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga is way more diverse and varied than I had imagined

Status
Not open for further replies.

cackhyena

It was the top app shown in a list. There was no discussion about illegally obtained material. I wasn't suggesting that.

cackhyena

I have Comixoligy but yeah, it's kind of a crap lineup. I hardly see anything you guys are mentioning here. Not interested in physical. Oh well.

I have Comixoligy but yeah, it's kind of a crap lineup. I hardly see anything you guys are mentioning here. Not interested in physical. Oh well.
Trust me, you have to go physical if you want some of the best stuff. Amazon's prices are pretty decent. I never planned on getting physical mangas either, but Berserk and Nausicaa seemed too good to pass up

cackhyena

Trust me, you have to go physical if you want some of the best stuff. Amazon's prices are pretty decent. I never planned on getting physical mangas either, but Berserk and Nausicaa seemed too good to pass up
I had Blade of the Immortal more than a decade ago. I loved those. I actually started watching Berserk on a trial of crunchy roll. Kinda dug it. But then someone told me about One Punch Man and now I'm tearing through that because omg it's the best.

Think I might comb through earlier posts in this thread and bite the bullet on a couple physical copies of things. I look for artistic inspiration all over.

So I just discovered "Shoujo Kishidan x Knight Tale" is a thing. It's a sports manga about heavy combat (done by a mangaka who actually does heavy combat as a sport), is accurate, amusing and has exciting action and choreography... The fact that it's an yuri comic is just a bonus.

Mumei

My two-volume hardcover Nausicaa finally arrived in the mail. Damn that's a big collection. Thanks for the recommendation

It's a pretty gorgeous set. It'd be perfect with slightly better paper stock, like what Fantagraphics uses for Nijighara Holograph or Otherworld Barbara (and probably other hardcover manga or comics in their line), but I'm not going to make the perfect the enemy of the good excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom