• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Girls of the Wilds 197 - Man DalDals constant hammering of Queen makes me wonder whether this is going to totally break the four up or at least permanently break whatever relationship DalDal had with Queen. She really is acting awfully.

I am on a banner promoting scanlation. Shameful. I must continue to reform myself until I'm no longer associated with such delinquency.

I've finally managed to pry myself away from reading the stuff entirely these past few months.

Busaiku

Merman in my Tub

Don't think I've ever used foam in my tub.
Though the last time I took a bath was lije 20 years ago.

Pokémon - Dating a Team Magma Grunt 10

This made me realize in the Pokemon world using the word far-fetched must be awkward.

2 year break is kinda painful but at least the reason is understandable here.

Soma 125

Soma got owned his first day. I wonder if he will actually move.

Swagamoto 17

The balloon gun was hilarious.

Zweizer

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";170928332]I am on a banner promoting scanlation. Shameful. I must continue to reform myself until I'm no longer associated with such delinquency.

I've finally managed to pry myself away from reading the stuff entirely these past few months.[/QUOTE]

How's 7 Seeds?

How's 7 Seeds?

I actually haven't read it in a long time. I need to go down and pick up the last volume or two at kinokuniya. To be honest I haven't been reading manga at all. I have a huge book backlog from people's recommendations I'm trying to get through. I went through Haruki Murakami's entire catalogue and now I'm working on China Mieville and Neil Gaiman.

Zweizer

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";170928860]I actually haven't read it in a long time. I need to go down and pick up the last volume or two at kinokuniya. To be honest I haven't been reading manga at all. I have a huge book backlog from people's recommendations I'm trying to get through. I went through Haruki Murakami's entire catalogue and now I'm working on China Mieville and Neil Gaiman.[/QUOTE]

You remind me that I need to read Murakami one of these days.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World are the books I'd recommend the most from him.

I read all his books in a couple binge sessions but I don't suggest it. He's a lot like H.P. Lovecraft in that the seams of his storytelling technique start to show if you read too much at once. That said, he's one of my favorites if not my favorite author. Very dreamlike and subtle.

I read IQ84 on a whim and that's one of the less remarkable books amongst his catalogue. I was so impressed that I ordered every one of his novels on the spot when I finished.

dani_dc

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable making into the banner makes me happy.

Domestic na Kanojo 56

Of course Natsuo didn't win. Now let's see where this goes. Rui winning sure was like someone kicking him while he's down though lol

It's hard for me to feel bad when Natsuo is dating his perfect woman and just treated Rui like shit.

You know, with the recent JoJo talk near the end of last thread and Part 4 being in the banner, maybe I'll eventually get back to Part 7 and finish it up. Guess I've still been feeling the JoJo burnout from binge reading the first six parts about a year ago.

mdubs

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";170929460]The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World are the books I'd recommend the most from him.

I read all his books in a couple binge sessions but I don't suggest it. He's a lot like H.P. Lovecraft in that the seams of his storytelling technique start to show if you read too much at once. That said, he's one of my favorites if not my favorite author. Very dreamlike and subtle.

I read IQ84 on a whim and that's one of the less remarkable books amongst his catalogue. I was so impressed that I ordered every one of his novels on the spot when I finished.[/QUOTE]

Personally I recommend Norwegian Wood, Sputnik Sweetheart and South of the Border West of the Sun as my favourites. Hardboiled Wonderland is by far my least favourite so far, along with After Dark. I still have to read Kafka, Dance Dance, Wild Sheep Chase and Pinball/Hear the Wind Sing (funny story, my professor this year is the one translating the new english release) to round out my run through Murakami

Kyuur

Toky Ghoul: Re 35

Of all the new characters, Kanae is getting some excellent development. Poor guy.

That ending though, awwwwwww sheit! Uta isn't even hiding the fact that he's a ghoul and Haise doesn't seem to care. What's going on!?

Soma

Otoyomegatari Ch. 47

o4GWIZX.png

d'awww

Shengar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";170928860]I actually haven't read it in a long time. I need to go down and pick up the last volume or two at kinokuniya. To be honest I haven't been reading manga at all. I have a huge book backlog from people's recommendations I'm trying to get through. I went through Haruki Murakami's entire catalogue and now I'm working on China Mieville and Neil Gaiman.[/QUOTE]
China Mieville should release a new book now. I missed his work greatly and considering to reread The Scar.

Usobuko

Banned
Usually I will ask if Innocent is similar to Samurai Executioner although that series can be a little perverse and decadent. But then again, Innocent is done by the Sakamoto Shinichi. The two works I had read from him go from just decent ( Masuraou ) to amazingly good ( Kokou no Hito ).

bigkrev

Yuki no Shita no Qualla 1-4
Some Kohai don't fuck around when it comes to getting noticed by Senpai~

Story here is 2 college students start hanging out all the time, one of them gay and a bit promiscuous (having one night stands and not giving people his real name), and the other is, well, straight. Not a problem at first, but would you believe that becoming closer to a person makes one night stands significantly less fun? And maybe, just maybe, you aren't going to be able to keep your promise that you "don't fall for straight guys"?

Series is still ongoing, and we are just at the point where it looks like the 2 characters are going to have to move in with each other. Interested to see where this goes, because I don't necessarily feel a hook-up is a lock. Extra points to the beautiful art on display here, where the only complaint you can have is that the characters (24 and 22) look too young.

Gakuen Dangerous 17

Yayyy this is back.

I hope the Kendo guy didn't die kek. I wonder if the transfer students will show up to help a side soon.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
This thread title is...great!

Yotsuba& vol1-vol2 (reread)
rereading this because why not? I always impressed with the panelling and ise of silent scene in this manga. The use of exagerated expression and childlike quality in each character make this one of the most comforting manga to read.

Droplet

Wait, is that a bl manga in the banner? And no separate smut banner? What is this??

On another note, I just finished Diamond is Unbreakable today! It was great. Kira is the best Jojo villain so far and Josuke has to be my favorite protagonist. Plus all the side characters were really fun
and they all even made it to the end!

Onto fujoshi paradise arc next~

bobohoro

Do it. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle might be my favourite book of all time, together with No Longer Human (Dazai), all of Bukowski, In Watermelon Sugar (Brautigan) and Sternstunden Der Bedeutungslosigkeit (Schamoni). Norwegian Wood is also a must-read, the rest can come after, if you're liking his stuff. I'd second the suggestion to not binge-read his works, might get a bit stale and mix up certain elements between books.

Just to get some quality literature out there between all the trash and filth.

Zweizer

Banned
Personally I recommend Norwegian Wood, Sputnik Sweetheart and South of the Border West of the Sun as my favourites. Hardboiled Wonderland is by far my least favourite so far, along with After Dark. I still have to read Kafka, Dance Dance, Wild Sheep Chase and Pinball/Hear the Wind Sing (funny story, my professor this year is the one translating the new english release) to round out my run through Murakami
Do it. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle might be my favourite book of all time, together with No Longer Human (Dazai), all of Bukowski, In Watermelon Sugar (Brautigan) and Sternstunden Der Bedeutungslosigkeit (Schamoni). Norwegian Wood is also a must-read, the rest can come after, if you're liking his stuff. I'd second the suggestion to not binge-read his works, might get a bit stale and mix up certain elements between books.

Just to get some quality literature out there between all the trash and filth.

Thanks for the suggestions, y'all. I'll try to read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle as soon as possible.

While not exactly manga, but Umineko is confirmed on Steam. People go pick it up and read it when it's out.

Oh, nice. I'm not too eager to sink a month in order to re-read it again though, haha.

Soma 125

I get it. So he will also sell at the end of the day?

Makes sense since the food is usually found at the night market.

Zweizer

Banned
Himouto! Umaru-chan ch107-108

I'm guessing childhood friend.

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ch38

Training's over.

Shengar

Thanks for the suggestions, y'all. I'll try to read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle as soon as possible.

You should stopped reading weird smut and started reading China Mieville's new weird.
The day Zweizer stopped reading smut is the day when hell freezes

dani_dc

Wait, is that a bl manga in the banner? And no separate smut banner? What is this??

We already have all of smutGAF in this thread, so it's time to bring in a new audience.

On another note, I just finished Diamond is Unbreakable today! It was great. Kira is the best Jojo villain so far and Josuke has to be my favorite protagonist. Plus all the side characters were really fun
and they all even made it to the end!

Kira was a great villain, great follow up to DIO.

Poor Shigekiy and Aya, no one remembers them :(

Hope you enjoy that more than I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom