• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Watamote/It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular

Z0dnCKx.jpg

Anyone still read this? It got a heck of a lot better once they gave her a new group of friends to play off of. Really like the dynamic between Tomoko and delinquent girl.

Zweizer

Banned
Hey people. I am not as into manga as I am into anime, but because I bus to school 2+ hours a day, I have been reading manga a lot more, so I would like some recommendations, if anyone would like to help. This is a list of what I have read/am reading:

Naruto
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
The Seven Deadly Sins (Just got caught up to this, which led me here)
Prison School
My Hero Academia
Black Clover
One-Punch Man
Rikudo
Shokugeki no Soma

Behind/Backlog:

Assassination Classroom (Got to school trip, and then I watched the anime)
Akame ga Kill! (Saw anime, heard manga was a lot better)
Magi (Saw anime, heard manga was better)
One Outs (Saw anime)
Shingeki no Kyojin (Read up to around chapter 50)
Tokyo Ghoul (Saw anime, read 10 chapters)
World Trigger (Heard the manga was actually good)
Yamada and the Seven Witches (Saw anime)
Fairy Tail (Up to chapter 402)
Btooom! (Saw anime)
Berserk (Read the first few volumes)

I think that might be it. These seems to paint a clear picture of what I like, at least I think so. Here is my MAL, in case there is something I have watched that I should read, or just to see other genres I like, in case I haven't read any of a particular genre yet.

Thanks in advance!

Seeing as most of your list is composed of battle/sports shonen, I'd say Eyeshield 21, Slam Dunk and Kongou Banchou should be up your alley.

If you ever feel like reading something different, do try Solanin or Prison School~

Finished Punpun last night. I wouldn't say I was numb after reading but it felt pretty damn close. Lots of feels and all got a really heavy towards the end maybe a bit heavy to my liking to the point I was asking myself if the author was just being sadistic. Anyways boy am I going to read something light after that for the time being.

Read Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruciton next then~

everything's better with yuri, gotta get one of those

I second that.

Busaiku

Boy Skirt 4

I figured Shigemitsu would be good at all sports, but this is ok.
They even explain away Ochi's hair!
But the sex abuse was not cool.

phaze

Snk 75

Not a whole lot happened. Basement confirmed for May.

Tower of God 255

This is going to last another 20 chapters huh ? Save us Yuri.

D.Gray Man 68

This series is like a slightly better Bleach.

That is, if you take away the Soul Society arc from Bleach. ;p

Cross x Regalia 1-16 (END)

Generic introductory adaptation of a shounen light novel, with a forgettable setting, unexciting powers and a terrible heroine. I have nothing positive to say about it.

I have one positive thing to say about it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shit is actually happening in Ao no Exorcist?

Guess it's time to start reading it again.

If DTL starts posting complaints then yes, stuff is probably happening and its probably logical things that would happen in said plot.

Seeing as most of your list is composed of battle/sports shonen, I'd say Eyeshield 21, Slam Dunk and Kongou Banchou should be up your alley.

If you ever feel like reading something different, do try Solanin or Prison School~

I'll try out Kongou Banchou and Solanin. Not interested in basketball and football. Thanks

And I put Prison School on my list that I am currently reading. It isn't that I don't like stuff other than battle shonen, I just haven't read much overall.

Zweizer

Banned
I'll try out Kongou Banchou and Solanin. Not interested in basketball and football. Thanks

And I put Prison School on my list that I am currently reading. It isn't that I don't like stuff other than battle shonen, I just haven't read much overall.

Too bad. Maybe Kokou no Hito, Boys on the Run and Keijo will be of more interest to you?

If you ever feel like reading more glorious series in the vein of Prison School, you have but to ask~

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

I have no idea what is supposed to be happening right now

Angry Grimace

You have to admit, it would be pretty fucking hilarious if the following conversation took place in like 5 years.

Shokugeki no Soma [END]

Erina: "You really are a B-grade low-class chef, Soma. ....b-b-b-ut, I don't *hate* that about you."

Soma: "Nakiri-san, what are you saying? You accept my cooking?"

Erina: "N-no, I mean....uh, what I'm trying to say is, I like you Soma-kun! Please go out with me!"

Soma: "Oh. About that. Uh, actually, I kind of already am seeing someone.

Erina (shocked/dejected): "What? Who!?"

Soma: "...Takumi Aldini."

Erina: "Huh? The italian guy that shouts at you constantly? When did this start happening?"

Soma: "Around Chapter 20."

Erina: "You know, this is pretty strange. I've been hanging around you for three years and never saw anything at all to indicate you were either gay or even more than acquaintances with Aldini-san."

Soma: "It all took place off-panel. We weren't hiding it or anything, you and everyone else just happened to not be around for any of it."

Erina: "Well shit. Okay, have a good life."

You have to admit, it would be pretty fucking hilarious if the following conversation took place in like 5 years.

Shokugeki no Soma [END]

Erina: "You really are a B-grade low-class chef, Soma. ....b-b-b-ut, I don't *hate* that about you."

Erina: "N-no, I mean....uh, what I'm trying to say is, I like you Soma-kun! Please go out with me!"

Erina: "Huh? The italian guy that shouts at you constantly? When did this start happening?"

Erina: "You know, this is pretty strange. I've been hanging around you for three years and never saw anything at all to indicate you were either gay or even more than acquaintances with Aldini-san."

Soma: "It all took place off-panel. We weren't hiding it or anything, you and everyone else just happened to not be around for any of it."

DTL would be happy at least

Too bad. Maybe Kokou no Hito, Boys on the Run and Keijo will be of more interest to you?

If you ever feel like reading more glorious series in the vein of Prison School, you have but to ask~

I'll check those out, thanks again.

I am fine with lewd/ecchi, but the manga has to be good, too.

Mizerman

Shokugeki no Soma [END]

DTL: Great writing!

I'll check those out, thanks again.

I am fine with lewd/ecchi, but the manga has to be good, too.

If you haven't read Shonan Junai Gumi aka Great Teacher Onizuka the Early Years, I would suggest it. The humor is very much Prison School style and it has pretty good action throughout. Probably my favorite manga.

If you haven't read Shonan Junai Gumi aka Great Teacher Onizuka the Early Years, I would suggest it. The humor is very much Prison School style and it has pretty good action throughout. Probably my favorite manga.

I will give it a shot. I already watches like two episodes of the anime.

Alrighty then~

I'll suggest Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Tsugumomo and Love Tyrant for now~

I'll try these out.

I forgot to mention that I have read Liar Game. But let's not talk about that.

Shokugeki no Soma [END]

*saves*

The writer has been sending strong signals that that would happen, lets hope he is more courageous than whoever wrote the Naruto ending.Heads are gonna roll if we get some Soma/Erina, Takumi/Megumi noncanonical ending.

Angry Grimace

*saves*

The writer has been sending strong signals that that would happen, lets hope he is more courageous than whoever wrote the Naruto ending.Heads are gonna roll if we get some Soma/Erina, Takumi/Megumi noncanonical ending.
...you mean Kishimoto? I'm pretty sure his canon beats your headcanon. But Takumi/Tadokoro sounds actually less likely than Soma/Takumi.

Angry Grimace

UQ Holder

DTL's dreams shattered again.

Too bad I'm pretty sure Kuro's still gonna lose.

Angry Grimace

Yamada and the Seven Witches

DTL's dreams continue to be shattered but I'm with him on this one: Miyamura being romantically interested in his own sister continues to be completely out of nowhere and it would legitimately make more sense for him to be into Yamada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom