• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jump Issue 51 Rankings

Buddy Strike (New Series by Kaito, Cover and Lead Color Page)
1.Assassination Classroom
2.Boku no Hero Academia
Shokugeki no Souma (Color Page)
3.Toriko
4.Hinomaru Zumou
5.PSI Kusuo Saiki
6.Haikyuu!!
Sesuji wo Pin! to (Color Page)
7.Black Clover
8.Gintama
9.Mononofu
10.Kochikame
11.Samon-kun wa Summoner
12.World Trigger
13.Nisekoi
14.Bleach
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (Color Page)
15.Best Blue
16.Kagamigami
One Piece (Absent)

Mendrox

Jump Issue 51 Rankings

2.Boku no Hero Academia
3.Toriko
4.Hinomaru Zumou
5.PSI Kusuo Saiki
6.Haikyuu!!
7.Black Clover
8.Gintama
9.Mononofu
10.Kochikame
11.Samon-kun wa Summoner
12.World Trigger
13.Nisekoi
14.Bleach

15.Best Blue
16.Kagamigami
One Piece (Absent)

This feels good. They both need to die (even though I love Marika)

Bleach was confusing again this week and of course she has a weapon that can kill a god. OF COURSE.

Bleach was confusing again this week and of course she has a weapon that can kill a god. OF COURSE.

Bleach is ratings immune like Kochikame as it continue to sell well in volume form. Nisekoi is probably heading to its finale soon anyways so they'll just let it end naturally

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

Not really sure why Eizan is so committed to "crushing his spirit" but this is obviously how he loses. I can't imagine how he sticks around after this though. Losing here would be a huge public humiliation.

phaze

D-Frag 39
untitled-1j6unk.jpg

This harem is vicious. RIP childhood friend. We hardly knew ya.
KuGsj.gif
The entire few chapters with the crew visiting Kazama's household were hilarious. I remember feeling pretty down on the last arc of anime but this is a return to form. I think I prefer Tama in her manga version.

Shokugeki no Soma 143

... is a cooking manga.

Shokugeki no Soma

Not really sure why Eizan is so committed to "crushing his spirit" but this is obviously how he loses. I can't imagine how he sticks around after this though. Losing here would be a huge public humiliation.

Because he's a businessman and they're all super evil schemers and manipulators!

Anyways, yeah. It's obvious he'll lose. I wonder if Soma will get the 9th seat or just rebel by not taking it too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess it's possible that he gets Eizan's seat. Eizan didn't appear to actually read the challenge.

I can't imagine he would refuse the seat if he had an option since that's the only way it seems they can overthrow EvilDad.

Numb

Tales of Demons and Gods 1

A reincarnation one..better yet involving time travel and MC is just in his old body in the past.

tumblr_mvrx8wnDvs1qlmdtco1_400.gif

So in!

Zweizer

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma ch143

There's pretty much no way Soma's going to lose, but let's see how much of a fight Eizan's willing to put up.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma ch143

There's pretty much no way Soma's going to lose, but let's see how much of a fight Eizan's willing to put up.
My guess is that his cooking stagnated since he spends all his time doing business shit and being petty as fuck.

Angry Grimace

That would be fitting, but kind of disappointing, lol.

It's the obvious answer though and Eizan is a relatively minor villain. I won't be all that sad or disappointed if that's how it goes.

Angry Grimace

Bleach 651

shit

Soma 143

I kind of just want to move on from Eizan. It's obvious he's going to lose.

Erina still useless

Well of course he was going to lose eventually. Honestly don't think they've overplayed him. He's only actively done anything in the last 6 chapters. And Soma winning isn't even that much of a stretch of his MC powers: he tied Kuga (who is better than Eizan by seat number) and lost to Hayama, so its not like he's just beating everyone up. Dude's kind of in line to pick up a W.

Angry Grimace

Himouto! Umaru-chan 128

what a great circle of friends
now if only umaru could come clean

That's like the most irrelevant thing ever, they'd just forgive her instantly and it would continue on

jbug617

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 143

Eizan will put up a good fight to show why he was the 9th seed but Soma is probably already past him. Eizan will probably be missing 1 key thing.

Jump Issue 51 Rankings

2.Boku no Hero Academia
3.Toriko
4.Hinomaru Zumou
5.PSI Kusuo Saiki
6.Haikyuu!!
7.Black Clover
8.Gintama
9.Mononofu
10.Kochikame
11.Samon-kun wa Summoner
12.World Trigger
13.Nisekoi
14.Bleach
15.Best Blue
16.Kagamigami
One Piece (Absent)

Mononofu being middle of the road pleases and then worries me.
Enough of a buffer but not counting the two basically dead series (sorry Iwashiro), the other buffer series are ones that probably won't die

Nocebo

Shokugeki no Soma

Yeah, I'm not feeling it. Why does he need to beat Soma fair and square all of a sudden? Just because Soma is set on cooking after all and the Polar Star Dorm didn't roll over?

Revo

That's like the most irrelevant thing ever, they'd just forgive her instantly and it would continue on

yes we know the end result but it still reflects on umaru that she thought about it and then ultimately decided not to

Himouto! Umaru-chan 129

i was just thinking we needed more Hikari

I still wonder if that is actually a rank for bleach or if they are just putting it there for the sake of it. Isnt this nearly its second full year of being put in the bottom half of the magazine.

Enough of a buffer but not counting the two basically dead series (sorry Iwashiro), the other buffer series are ones that probably won't die

I tohought this is kagamigamis final chapter. Better luck next time.

Numb

Tales of Demons and Gods 2-25

lol dude looks like Naruto and his rival is straight up annoying Sasuke(more than usual) We even got a Hinata and a Sakura for real. Training mangas are the best.
Pretty cool all around. Reincarnation ones being good cos of the speed the MC moves at and people being impressed especially after the drastic persona change they were used to.

upandaway

Y'know as much as I complain about Dressrosa having shitty pacing maybe focusing on one fight for a series of chapters is worse because Bleach is 1000x worse
But I really miss the gauntlet 1v1s part of the early arcs like in alabasta and enies lobby. It was cool and the fights were great, nowadays it's not as focused

Angry Grimace

Yeah, I'm not feeling it. Why does he need to beat Soma fair and square all of a sudden? Just because Soma is set on cooking after all and the Polar Star Dorm didn't roll over?

Because he needs to crush his spirit because that's his thing. I'm okay with it and especially okay with it if we find out that Soma had a clue it would work out like that. As it is, he just kind of inadvertently pushed Eizan's buttons until he accepted a real shokugeki.

Soma

interested to see how he breaks through the rigged judges... still

Bleach

Her sword is continently perfect for this guy

Toriko

Ha.... called it.... called it.... well not here but I called it that they would fail with Ichii and Don and the Judge would have to fuse

well it hasn't happened yet but it is all but locked now... The mini beasts are adorable

The Knights will be fine they do fast for long periods of time after all

I've noticed that Jump has been lauxnhing more one and two series for serial rounds, instead of the usual three. They realize how deep the lineup is and how established a lot of the series are. Nisekoi needs to die within two serialization rounds. Jump NEEDS a new battle manga.

Shouta

Shokugeki no Soma 143

Hard Hat Megumi is the best.

Gyoza with Satsuma Jidori is a hella interesting idea but Rindou is right. That's a really tough idea to execute because you can really kill the unique qualities of the ingredients due to both how it cooks and the ingredient make-up.

Angry Grimace

It was almost weird to see Shokugeki no Soma go back into Cooking Mode instead of Erina Sadface Mode.

Bleach
So he hid some god cutting sword from his VC because she is from a family where women who possess it lead to the death of their male lovers, yet despite this he was dying from NOT giving her the sword sooner?

Who was the woman who pulled the sword out from her face cover? His zanpakto? Her mom?

What the fuck is going on??

Toriko has two more chapter until it catches up with the number of chapters HXH has in total.

A series that started in 2008 is almost caught up with a series that started 10 years prior (1998)

TOGASHI what are you doing with your life

Numb

Toriko has two more chapter until it catches up with the number of chapters HXH has in total.

A series that started in 2008 is almost caught up with a series that started 10 years prior (1998)

TOGASHI what are you doing with your life
Idolmaster? blame that even if it isn't the case.
Deal with it tho.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
(I had to take a break from playing fallout to ice down my wrist D:)

Who's the local Yuri expert here? My memories tell me its either Theionk or Cagunator (sorry for butchering the names... I never said it out loud so its guaranteed I won't remember how its spelt).

I know one is into Yuri and the other is into Diaper Play (at least that's what I was told DP stood for).

I wanted to ask the yuri guy about a manga called "Magan he Danai" and the idea behind the concept. Is it a world where men and lots of other questions.

7Taizai to current

Probably reading it for the wrong reasons but King and co should have kept their shirts off, :( Dont care much for the continuing use of power levels.

Yamajo to current

I wish they got their memories back, Miyamura seems less into Yamada then before IMO? Hopefully his body still remembers the close contact theyve had. Though at least he did let Yamada in his room swiftly.

Tamaki council is best, he looked so happy with Yamada was going to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom