• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxec

Shokugeki no Soma 147

I knew he would win, but I wasn't expecting such a curb-stomp...damn. I was hoping the 9th seat would provide more of a challenge, but I guess that's a job for the higher seats. All in all I still haven't really enjoyed this arc that much. I just didn't care for the rigged aspect of the match, as I feel it didn't really add anything to the Shokugeki. Also how it was resolved wasn't to my liking.

With that said, boy did I really enjoy that last page. I just love me some badass Soma. Also Tosh is a genius. He won't give the fans a stripped Rindou foodgasm. She's too popular to let loose now. But when it does come you better believe it will be glorious.

flawfuls

Katajikenai is by that Ultra Heaven mangaka.

Instant interest, I remember wonzo posted in the monthly reading list before.

It's pretty similar to Ultra Heaven, like more similar then I would have thought a samurai manga could possibly be to Ultra Heaven.

Quasar

Fuuka 88 - Well what a shock that was. I guess now he'll get photographed with a half naked Shelley and have that all over twitter. That should rile Sara, Aoi and Tama-chan.

cqmG4R2.jpg

PFFT
tosh delivers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It makes me laugh how many people are pissed off about Rindou's clothes not exploding

i'm definitely not surprised battleship-man
Now that just makes it sound like I'm some kind of weirdo who's into gory horror.

Kiroko 1
Gory horror story about a group of ex-classmates and a school reunion that takes a turn for the macabre, thanks to a dead classmate's grudge. It's only 5 chapters long, so that should give enough time for a few more murders and a (living?) mastermind to materialise. Backlogged until it's finished.

Seven Seas licensed Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Seven Seas Entertainment is excited to announce the acquisition of Coolkyoushinja's modern-day monster fantasy, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. A delightful, ongoing comedy manga series about a young lady who, after saving a dragon’s life, finds herself the object of its overbearing affection, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid features a cast of colorful supernatural characters, and is the perfect book for fans of Monster Musume and Merman in my Tub.

Miss Kobayashi is your average office worker who lives a boring life, alone in her small apartment–until she saves the life of a female dragon in distress. The dragon, named Tohru, has the ability to magically transform into an adorable human girl (albeit with horns and a long tail!), who will do anything to pay off her debt of gratitude, whether Miss Kobayashi likes it or not. With a very persistent and amorous dragon as a roommate, nothing comes easy, and Miss Kobayashi’s normal life is about to go off the deep end!

Sealed

Banned
Soma 147

Well, it was obvious it would end this way haha. Glad to see Eizan getting his ass handed to him though.

Also glad that Erina is finally getting some development.

Soma 147

Rindou Foodgasm, good chapter. At least this part is over.

Shin Kurosawa 41

Taking the JoJolion route of having 200 chapters about Rhino Beetles? Okey dokey

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think the entire Eizan battle existed for Tosh to draw as many derp faces as he could in a 5 chapter span.

Seven Seas licenses NTR: Netsuzou Trap

even Seas Entertainment is excited to announce their acquisition of Kodama Naoko's yuri manga series, NTR: Netsuzou Trap. A dramatic tale of romance, lust, and betrayal, as two young woman explore their growing feelings for one another, NTR: Netsuzou Trap features stunning artwork and a romantic storyline that oozes with erotic tension.

Yuma and Hotaru have been friends since childhood. It is only natural that when Yuma is nervous about her new boyfriend, she asks Hotaru and her boyfriend along for a double date. But when Hotaru offers herself to Yuma as “practice”, both girls realize that they’re more interested in each other than they are in their own boyfriends. With boyfriends in the foreground but a secret, passionate tryst in the background, will Yuma and Hotaru try to forget what happened between them or have they fallen into a trap of true love and betrayal?

well then

Russ T

Banned
I started reading Toriko and so far it seems like pretty standard shounen (albeit with an MC that already starts out super strong, instead of having to work his way up). Which isn't to say I don't enjoy it, but people who talk about it here seem to really like it a lot. Why is that?

(The monster design is somethin' else, I'll give it that much. That troll kong pack leader is pretty rad.)

I started reading Toriko and so far it seems like pretty standard shounen (albeit with an MC that already starts out super strong, instead of having to work his way up). Which isn't to say I don't enjoy it, but people who talk about it here seem to really like it a lot. Why is that?

(The monster design is somethin' else, I'll give it that much. That troll kong pack leader is pretty rad.)

People? I only see one person whose a hardcore Toriko fan, unless the thread(is it still alive?) harbors more.

Favorite part of Toriko is the high friendship levels and user submitted designs, and the anime was good. (GUTS GUTS GUTS)

Kurita

It's just a really solid manga imo Nothing revolutionary but it doesn't have major flaws.
Not the second coming at all but if you dig the adventure aspect of other action mangas it's a good read when you want something light.

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 1

Two extremely intelligent individuals wage a tactical war over getting the other to confess first while hiding any sign that they like each other. So another cynical love story.

Russ T

Banned
People? I only see one person whose a hardcore Toriko fan, unless the thread(is it still alive?) harbors more.

Favorite part of Toriko is the high friendship levels and user submitted designs, and the anime was good. (GUTS GUTS GUTS)

I dunno I've seen at least two people speak positively about it! A lot of it specifically in regards to art, a few weeks(?) ago.

It's just a really solid manga imo Nothing revolutionary but it doesn't have major flaws.
Not the second coming at all but if you dig the adventure aspect of other action mangas it's a good read when you want something light.

All right, fair enough! I'll probably catch up slowly over time when I'm craving exactly the thing you describe.

Toriko is great

like OP it has a slow start.... maybe even slower then OP but I prefer it weekly more then OP right now

it isn't revolutionary like Kurita said but it is a well solid series

when it comes to current on going series ( including HXH and D.Gray Man lol ) it is in my top 10 maybe in the 5th or 6th spot

Ongoing series with Haitus (since this forum's slogan is to BELIEVE)

1.HXH lol)
2.Berserk
3.Kingdom
4.Vinland Saga
5.Toriko/D.Gray Man
6. D.Gray Man/Toriko
7. Gintama
8. OP
9. Magi
10. Shokugeki no Soma/Boku no Hero

Man if I had to add old series in there, some would drop down hard...
Nevertheless
Look at that list.... that is a SOLID list!
Maybe... sort of.... idk

Then there is some other series that might just crop on up there like Fire Brigade.... idk about DBSuper since it just comes on whatever time and it could just be promotional for the Anime more so then an actual series release (even though I liked Chapter 6)

Daingurse

I really like Toriko because it has a great sense of adventure, and excellent world building. The world of Toriko is fascinating, and things just keep escalating. The sense of scale and wonder is insane, shit just keeps surprising me. And above all, the shit just becomes pure hype. The author really knows how to get me excited with the facts, figures, and feats of this crazy ass world and the organisms in it.

He is on a time limit though and is not really at his peak due to Asarudy's body

then again Neo isn't at its prime either.... next chapter is going to be hype

Yep, shit is about to get crazy. Can't believe moon bustin Don Slime isn't even close to his peak. The very nature of Don Slime far exceeded what I expected as well. But I don't see Don Slime taking Neo in this form, think his body will rot away before he can do real damage. I can't wait for the next chapter, should be so fucking hype . .

Yep, shit is about to get crazy. Can't believe moon bustin Don Slime isn't even close to his peak. The very nature of Don Slime far exceeded what I expected as well. But I don't see Don Slime taking Neo in this form, think his body will rot away before he can do real damage. I can't wait for the next chapter, should be so fucking hype . .

I know right... hopefully this isn't endgame and Neo escapes into space later on

We also have the Jirou and Midora fight and other Areas to get through
--------------------------------------

Fire Brigade of Flames 11

Some nice moves were done on this chapter nothing major happened though except with the introduction of Ms Scientist Tan

Daingurse

I know right... hopefully this isn't endgame and Neo escapes into space later on

We also have the Jirou and Midora fight and other Areas to get through.

Wouldn't surprise me if Neo escapes into space. It really feels like outer space is going to be the endgame in Toriko.

Another Amazon code. Expires 12/14 and works on one book only
25offbook

Thanks for the code! Bought another volume of Hunter x Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom