• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
MANGA NEW YEARS BACKLOG CLUB

Hi. I know that we all have shit on our backlogs that we want to get to, but can't. So what better way to get over that hump then PEER PRESSURE?? Basically, you give me a list (lets say up to three series) of backlogged manga that you want to get to, and once everyone has turned it in then I will post the full list so that everyone knows you should be reading what you actually opted to read for. This has no real obligations, its not a bet, just a way to encourage people to read backlogged stuff.

RULES - There aren't really any rules. You could put One Piece, Hajime no Ippo and Bleach on this. That would probably be crazy but if you think you can do that go for it. Just PM me your list and I'll compile it. You can also post it in here and I will see it. If I miss your list, PM me or message me on Twitter. You can opt in for both unfinished and finished series AND series you have dropped in the past or want to continue.

I'll start -

MetroidPrimeRib: Vagabond, 7 Seeds, the rest of Mob Pyscho 100.

Slam Dunk, Twin Spica and Pluto for me. For shame they are all sitting completed on my shelf too

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

There has to be some name for the animango trope where someone tries to tell an important fact to someone, but can't spit it out, not due to any kind of fear on their part, but because the other party literally will not let them get a word in edgewise.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada

Tamaki face-heel turn incoming. I'm guessing there will be REASONS behind it though

Angry Grimace

UQ Holder

Kirie gets a super cutesy chapter. <3

I guess they figured out the secret of the Room of Spirit and Time.

Quasar

Fuuka

There has to be some name for the animango trope where someone tries to tell an important fact to someone, but can't spit it out, not due to any kind of fear on their part, but because the other party literally will not let them get a word in edgewise.

Heh. Looks like I was wrong. I thought for sure they'd get photographed naked together and it would be all over twitter.

UQ Holder

Kirie gets a super cutesy chapter. <3

I guess they figured out the secret of the Room of Spirit and Time.

Goddamn that Kirïe backstory. Four years old, that's fucked.

I really want her to win because she's adorable, but she's not going to, Eva has it on lock. It is crazy how much her signature double braids and clothing make her look like a kid though, then you see her in her PJ's with her hair down and you go "okay, that's a teenager".

Angry Grimace

I really want her to win because she's adorable, but she's not going to, Eva has it on lock. It is crazy how much her signature double braids and clothing make her look like a kid though, then you see her in her PJ's with her hair down and you go "okay, that's a teenager".

Kirie just looks and acts like a small version of Chisame

Im glad Reborn is still loved in 2016. Still my favorite jump action series.
CWQ3cVYUkAIL2_8.jpg

Revo

A Demotion Isn't That Bad 5

wow people expressed their feelings and things logically progressed for the good
amazing

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
World Trigger 123 and 124

Stupid invasion getting in the way of the good stuff, more B-Rank Wars pls!

Dagashi Kashi 31

Its true, the smell of curry always makes me hungry

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 231

Rage mode activated

---------------------------------

REMINDER

Hi. I know that we all have shit on our backlogs that we want to get to, but can't. So what better way to get over that hump then PEER PRESSURE?? Basically, you give me a list (lets say up to three series) of backlogged manga that you want to get to, and once everyone has turned it in then I will post the full list so that everyone knows you should be reading what you actually opted to read for. This has no real obligations, its not a bet, just a way to encourage people to read backlogged stuff.

RULES - There aren't really any rules. You could put One Piece, Hajime no Ippo and Bleach on this. That would probably be crazy but if you think you can do that go for it. Just PM me your list and I'll compile it. You can also post it in here and I will see it. If I miss your list, PM me or message me on Twitter. You can opt in for both unfinished and finished series AND series you have dropped in the past or want to continue.

Angry Grimace

Negi and Touta similar powers but Negi spreads his harem powers out whereas Touta just turns his harem on way more directly by virtue of being a lot older than Negi.

Sealed

Banned
ok someone wanna help me out here? I'm at the part in Negima where

Cosmo Entelecheia's plan is revealed, and they're pouring energy into Mahora. Negi is currently trying not to turn into a demon/monster in the magic world inside the diarama sphere or whatever. Also Yuuna just found out she's a mage.

I only kind of understand the enemies' goal all too well, or the state of the world haha, is there anyone who remembers this part of the manga who could like pm me and try to explain. It would help me out lol

Im glad Reborn is still loved in 2016. Still my favorite jump action series.
CWQ3cVYUkAIL2_8.jpg

what is this for?

Reborn ended too soon :/ I wish she had more time to wrap it up properly.

Angry Grimace

I don't care what anyone says, I'm glad UQ Holder is starting to feel super Negima-ish.

Nordicus

Totsukuni no Shoujo 1-3
The premise gives me ever so slight Ancient Magus' Bride vibes, but without the romance. A small girl from a medieval village hangs out with a a calm, nice and fatherly, but also cursed "outsider", she can't touch him because she'd assume a similar form. It's cute and sweet, and the art style reminds me of Northern European drawings of folklore and children's stories
nononononoNONONONONONONONONONOOOOO FUCK YOUUUU! ;_; Please don't destroy this beautiful thing so early!

Revo

UQ Holder 106

apparently cr simulpub'd shounen magazine series a week before it was supposed to come out

still probably my favorite chapter of uq yet

upandaway

I'll start -

MetroidPrimeRib: Vagabond, 7 Seeds, the rest of Mob Pyscho 100.
Hmmm I'll have to think about my picks, I barely remember what my "I should've gotten to this a long time ago" manga are. Not sure if I should try Mob Psycho or wait for the anime.

If anyone wants to force something on me I might comply

Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensou 1-7 (END)

9iL0lIh.png

Introductory adaptation of a light novel, in which an anti-social [MC] joins a video game club for his waifu. Usually it wouldn't even be worth posting about, but the climax was an oddly hilarious Guardian Heroes battle royale, with a quasi-faithful recreation of the game's tactics. Nicole + barrier + screen edge = gg. Aside from that, it had no other redeeming qualities.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Musume no iede 6
Yup, i think i will react the same as her dad if i'm in similar scenario. Holy shit, what a scumbag. And that line 'i know you since you're wearing diaper.", while having sex, that is like, the ultimate turn off man...

Tsugumomo latest

Author still kick ass in drawing action scene, but good lord, the fanservice...i mean, dude is practically molested by his sister even before he hit puberty.

Angry Grimace

The chapter apparently wasn't supposed to come out because I was writing about it on another forum and everyone was confused as fuck because "there's no chapter."

But I did read it on Crunchyroll by just typing in "106" in the URL, but now it just links to a countdown 5 days from now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom