• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gringo 2061 1-7/End?

A bad manga that only somehow got worse, supposedly there is an 8th chapter since it got a sudden axe there and never got a 2nd volume that would of contained it. Either way no clue how the fuck this is supposed to make sense even with another chapter somewhere in the wild.

Tokyo Ghoul:re - 58

Glad to see some old faces reappear.

Urie is becoming more likeable.

Eto's scene...lol

Kaneki is even stronger now...I really hope we get a confrontation against the pierrot's next.

phaze

Bleach
Yoruichi got to do stuff. Best chapter since forever.

Shokugeki no Soma
Corruption is bad guys, mkay ?

This whole Eizan clash was nonsensical. Well I suppose the entire Azami plotline is the same but having clearly rotten guys be enlightened by the deliciousness of Soma's food is just ridiculous.

OP
Obituary ? So this Jack guy is supposed to be kaput already ? My memory is fuzzy but it's highly unlikely with all this build up he's getting.

Nisekoi
14493313888416ljx3.gif

Tokyo Ghoul :re 58
Please tell me CCG didn't just put Mirumo in the corset and thought that would be enough ? How fucking incompetent can you get ? Fill him up with RC supressors or something. Mirumo himself his is the worst employer of the year. He had his staff surrender with him and his employees throw away their lives for Tsukiyama but he himself failed to walk the walk.

I hope all this developments mean we will get to see more of the old characters from now on. Touka&Yomo in particular <3 The arc itself I'd rate as easily one of the better ones in TG. I really didn't expect much from a Tsukiyama focused story but I guess this proved me wrong. Though most fun came from Eto&Noro&Furuta's actions. I feel it could have been even better if Ishida toned down Kanae's character a bit. Her exaggerated, Tsukiyama part 1 tier, mannerisms and obsession with Shuu and then Kaneki made it hard to ever sympathize with her. The previous chapter would have hit me much more if I managed to care about her.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the last we've seen of Haise but if it so, his entire existence seems awfully inconsequential and he went down much more quickly and with much less fanfare than I expected him to.

dani_dc

Nice photos. I especially liked the smut section (even if it was a bit too small, lol).

Not much smut overall. A few more drawings (To Love-Ru comes to mind), but I couldn't sneak a picture. Need something smaller than my tablet next time. Was surprised to see the presence of Aunt tities though, as small as it was.

The Sasunaru figures, sasukes pose :(

He has a public image to maintain! ;)

Nice pictures you got there.
Got all the Tokyo Ghoul ones specially for you!

Amusingly the free Tokyo Ghoul bag they were offering was (I believe) Kuro basket in the other side.

They really know their audience, its crazy how the great majority of fans of the series are female.

OP
Obituary ? So this Jack guy is supposed to be kaput already ? My memory is fuzzy but it's highly unlikely with all this build up he's getting.

He attacked the four marine ships carrying Doflamingo, he supposedly died, but I highly doubt it as ell.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The obituary also states they didn't find the body.
In fiction: No body present means they're alive. Even Wanda is genre savvy enough to know he's possibly still out there.

Zweizer

Banned
Girl Meets Girl (One-shot) by Takemiya Jin

A yuri story broken in shorts parts about two childhood friends who slowly grow closer together following one's declaration. I'd say it's one of better works from Takemiya JIn that I've read since a while.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are you on guys on some kind of quota to read 52 fluffy throwaway 3-chapter yuri a year

Kyuur

OP

Yeah, he attacked the ship with Admirals transporting Doflamingo. The mink leader did mention earlier that he wouldn't be surprised if he is still alive though, so I think we'll see him again, but maybe not for a while.

Tokyo Ghoul: Re

Wonder why Touka wasn't wearing her mask. Maybe she took it off mid-panel? Or just because her mask is dumb (although I guess they managed to make her brother look menacing with the dark version) and Ishida wanted to show off her pretty face I guess.

Anyway, this chapter hit basically all the notes I wanted it to. Shuu survives, Hori speculates on what we were already thinking about Kaneki (I hope Shuu doesn't hold a grudge due to Karen, from what Eto was saying her time was already limited). Mirumo makes it out, which is curious as I can't see them being lax with who was at the helm of the operation, must have had a trick up his sleeve.

The scene at the graveyard was very satisfying. As much as I hate that Shirazu died, he made an excellent vehicle for Urie's character development. Eto is alive, which is basically all I needed to be happy -- the monstrous regenerative powers of her puppets made me think it was going to happen but still nice to see confirmation. I wonder if she purposely allowed Kaneki to feed on her Kakuja, it seems to have affected his cells quite heavily. I still want more background on her apparent infatuation.

Can't wait for more information on Kaneki's new motives.

Revo

Keijo!!!!!!!! 68

yay the less interesting chars from each side were swiftly eliminated
more screentime for better ones

Magi ~286

I kind of wished they didn't make it so blunt that Sinbad is the bad guy going forwards, I mean it's obvious he was going to be the final antagonist for awhile now but I wish this arc wasn't so blatant with that fact.

Droplet

Bokura no Hentai 35

We're getting Flowers of Evil in here. Not sure I understand how he ended up with Kijima's gym clothes though. Or were they the ones he returned? I guess the panels just felt unclear.

Aoi Uroko to Suna no Machi 10

And the identity of the mermaid has been revealed to be the obvious...probably. The fact that the classmate's first reaction to seeing their friends gone is to stuff their futons is pretty funny.

The way this is going makes me think it'll be longer than the short story I initially thought it would be.

random25

Tomo-chan 236

Noooooo! Hiatus until next year!?

On to the topic: Jun that's so sweet of you. If only Tomo knew and she'll go taking care of your injured ass lol.

Sealed

Banned
just started reading Shaman King, but I'm wondering if the anime is any good and if it's 1:1 with the manga until it finishes? If it's not I'm not gonna bother watching it.

I want it to start from the very beginning again but it seems it isn't doing that

who is animating it though

Well the way Hoshino the author talked about it seemed like the anime will be completely new from what the original anime was like. It's still a continuation however, it's going to feel different. Plus it seems like they're recasting VAs.

Since when Gantz had a spinoff series?

just started reading Shaman King, but I'm wondering if the anime is any good and if it's 1:1 with the manga until it finishes? If it's not I'm not gonna bother watching it.

Not sure if it was 1 to 1 especially since the main access to that series at the time was the Fox Kids version and that more edited to hell and back.

i also honestly doubt it was finished either, especially due to how the original manga went (where it ended abruptly and eventually continued years later to an actual ending plus the official sequels).

If any thing it might have been a FMA series one style ending where it went off rails from its manga counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom