• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Their Story ch82-88

FG0jh7Z.jpg

Sun Jing sure is obstinate~

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Dear Boy

REALLY love how this series turned the narrative of "But bullies are just troubled kids! They're troubled and we have to help them see the true light!" and beat the shit out of it, lol.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Helck 57-58
Lol asuta item description. That's principle alright.

Kobayashi and maid dragon 30
Totally not going to turn serious.

This is probably the "Haru gets rejected" arc. Everyone is going to get sequentially rejected.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem likely that Raku is going to end up a depressed forever alone alcoholic.

You have more faith in this author then I do, I completely expect we're back to status quo faffing about for a year before we start cutting girls leading up to chapter 300 which will likely be the finale when they graduate high school.

Boku Girl 68

So we're back to the, pretty boring, comedy relief characters and their antics.
Yawn.
By now I somehow doubt the manga can get back to being somewhat good. Even the art feels like it's degrading.

they started introducing characters way too fast and its becoming overwhelming.

it happened in that witch kissing manga author's other manga about a glasses delinquent.

Tripon

Black Label is just weird. A finished spinoff which is a direct continuation of a work in progress which gives closure to the work. I don't understand how it got made.
Editor: I want more lewd shit from you.
Mangaka: I don't have a idea for a new story yet!
Editor: just use your current series, set in the future, lol. Also, make sure to show tits, we are trying to sell this series to HBO.

so is soma finally back to not being shit?

maybe for all we know Azami would be like

"Well I am disappointed in you" and leave while Erina will be like "What did Soma say I wonder?" and nothing will happen
This is probably the "Haru gets rejected" arc. Everyone is going to get sequentially rejected.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem likely that Raku is going to end up a depressed forever alone alcoholic.

hopefully he rejects both of them in one arc.... Haru before the tournament and Onodeera after winning the tournament.
-----------------------------
Onodeera "We Won!"

Onodeera's Mom "Yes I knew you guys could do it.... let me get something to celebrate"

Haru "Man you guys are a perfect pair"

Raku "You really think so... Onodeera you really should take over the sweet shop with your sister"

Onodeera
"I wouldn't mind doing this with you forever"

Haru "Gasp!"

Raku "..."

Raku "Yeah this is the best it can get.... Onodeera I want to tell you something"

Onodeera "Wa-wait Raku I want to tell you something too.... I- I LOVE YOU" " I always did"

Raku " Ono...." "I've come to realize of my feelings..."

Onodeera "...."

Raku " I've come to realize that this isn't what I want... this is just a simple fluffy happiness but not love" "Onodeera I can't live this life with you... Sorry but... I LOVE SOMEONE ELSE"

Onodeera " O.O"

Raku (*Thinking: "Wow that feels great to say.... my mind is fully open... I mean it was just a crush but now that I think about it a basic life in a sweet shop is not for me... I didn't even have all the most major part of my life with Onodeera... just simple things.... I am the bloody heir to the Yakuza for goodness sake and I thought I could run from my destiny.... heh foolish me"

Onodeera "Who is it?"

Raku "?.. what is with the knife Onodeera"

Onodeera " Wha-what knife this is the key sharpened and extended to a blade"

Raku " wha-what why......ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!'

KEYBLADE WARS PART 1 BEGINS

TheFlow

Banned
More detail.... It feels this is the real finished version that they wanted to express. It feels well made and even the colour pages I believe are water painted (well the original colour page before the scan it for reprint).

So far I would recommend this over the original anime.... but they already did two (soon to be three) movie episodes about Char's past which spans Vol 5 and 6.... I watched the first movie episode and it was basically the exact same thing as the book but with an amazing soundtrack and good budget animation. They also teased a few months ago that they might do the same for the whole present war (Vol 1-4 at least maybe Vol 8-12 too). If so and if they are all in that movie quality then I would say that would be also a definitive version to experience the main series.
Sounds amazing, and yeah I watched all of the origin movies released so far.

Sounds amazing, and yeah I watched all of the origin movies released so far.

yeah so expect that but in Manga form with quality paper and colour pages here and there

plus some reference to pop-culture and history that they couldn't air in the OVAs

well worth it.... feels like a collectors edition since there are bonus interviews and paintings in the end of the books.... sometimes by other famous mangaka

bobohoro

Keijo 73

Of course they aren't ok. They will lose. They have to, it's a shounen battle manga after all and we can't have a best of 3 be won after the second match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Wars 150

SoTaku panel was the best thing.

Azami was so into Soma's dad. Wow, and it wasnt just one txt bubble or panel but he went on and on and on. I hope we get some flashbacks of it, I wonder if he was the type to follow him all around looking up to him and tasting all his dishes and everything.

lmao you must be hard-up if you're getting excited over a reaction face panel in which they just both happen to be in the same panel, standing like several feet from each other reacting to something else

Shun

AKB49 262 Final.

I am so conflicted about my thoughts on this ending. On one hand it is pretty satisfying to see a happy ending and on the other I just feel so empty and I feel like there could be more left to say after the graduation.

This was such a fun ride tho I loved following AKB49 and the last few chapters leading up to the reveal were done so well.

But, it's over I will miss this.

CZGDA6VUEAAN1bK.jpg

Weiss

Banned
So I'm reading the first Durarara!! novel and I like it, even though it's a bit sloppy. I also know that this is a decade old series and it'll take forever for all the books to come out over here in English, so how's the anime? Does it adapt a lot of the books? Would it be better and less time consuming to get into that?

(Is this the right thread for this question?)

So I'm reading the first Durarara!! novel and I like it, even though it's a bit sloppy. I also know that this is a decade old series and it'll take forever for all the books to come out over here in English, so how's the anime? Does it adapt a lot of the books? Would it be better and less time consuming to get into that?

There's a Light Novel thread. I think there's also a Durarara OT somewhere. You could also ask in the Anime OT.

The anime is adapting all of the books. Its too soon to know if the continuation LN (Durarara SH) will get an anime someday.

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi / Erased 35

Damn, just read this all in one sitting after seeing episode 2 of the anime.

Kinda sucks that Kayo abandons him for his doctor friend but what else is there to expect after being in a coma for 15 years. Looks like Airi is going to be the main female MC now and looks like he unlocked his memories upon seeing her, sucks this manga is mo they though.

Weiss

Banned
The anime is still going DurararaX2Shou (13 ep), DurararaX2Ten (13 ep), DurararaX2Ketsu (13ep) will end it all.

Oh good.

Yeah, I still have two weeks on my Crunchyroll account and I'll be picking it back up when JoJo part 4 comes out, so I'll stick with the anime instead of the novels.

Maybe I should put together a playlist on Crunchyroll or something.

UQ Holder 109

Second best girl (first in looks though) gets some backstory action, and some fanservice. Her real identity was a kick though, though, it was foreshadowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom