• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Surely people, ideas, thoughts, and views dont necessarily remain the same as time flows by.

I mean in one old post I used to not like hitsugaya, but overtime as the series went on and more screentime and importance was given, I grew to like him alot.

Uh huh.

Speaking of which....

LIAR GAME

Love moments like these in this manga. The explanations were always boring but the reactions were always great.

scy

How is anything my fault?!

Wagatsuma-san 89 - You know, if she was actually in the story like this the entire time, things might have been a bit better.

I just submitted the first draft of a screenplay for a romance film and am afraid that some of the dialogues are shoujo-ish. The blame lies on all these fluffy romance comic I just read recently. Now I'm just feeling super embarrassed as I wait for the producer's feedback.

Shima Shima vol. 1
OPcK5WS.jpg

It's about a service to help insomniac women by making them feel as comfortable as possible so they could finally sleep. This is done by sending over college boys who then proceed to do anything - short of any romantic or sexual activity - ranging from cooking for them to actually sleeping in the same bed with them. Which is rather eewie, but the boys are very sweet and gentlemanly so I'm giving it a pass.

For such a quirky premise, the presentation itself it quite muted, with no exaggerated dialogue or reaction. Just simple interactions carrying complicated relationships sprinkled with a lot of awkwardness befitting of a J-drama.

So far the main story revolves around the company's boss and her struggle to get over her bum of an (ex?)-husband who left her. The four college boys of course have their own share of problems, too. There's (of course) a general suggestion that some people cannot be content without the accompaniment of another. I am interested in where the author would be taking it.

Charade

Whoa, what did I miss... Anyways, a temporary welcome back Dresden. Don't think I ever congratulated you on that poetry thread win... so congrats!

I just submitted the first draft of a screenplay for a romance film and am afraid that some of the dialogues are shoujo-ish. The blame lies on all these fluffy romance comic I just read recently. Now I'm just feeling super embarrassed as I wait for the producer's feedback.

Whoa, that's pretty cool. Hope it goes well.

Ojojojo 7

I think I like this more after each chapter.
And of course he still liked the taste :D

How is anything my fault?!

Wagatsuma-san 99 - You know, if she was actually in the story like this the entire time, things might have been a bit better.

i had a feeling you were a time traveller :p

Seriously though i agree, she needs more screen time so we can see why she was successful. I find it interesting that no time slips have happened since
he decided to go back to school
iirc

Meh. Crunchyroll has it marked as 99 :| Though the title page says 89 so fuck me for trusting the wrong number.

Edit: Wait, have their chapter numbers always been 10 off what.

Might be due to when it was running in a different magazine and whatever and I guess Crunchyroll has it from both its original run and its current run and didn't bother differentiating them.

I remember this happening when the scans were originally getting released.

upandaway

Really? I definitely agree with HxH, but I can't with OP. It's so packed full of different scenes and it's switching through each one that I can't say it's been good.

Oh and yeah, I'm with you on that last part. Ging has been so damn awesome.
The chaotic running to the boss part is classic OP for me. It's just a lot of hype for the 1v1, and really exciting. Focused OP is way better though, yeah.

_hekk05

Banned
I wake up to find judgement has been passed onto me and ...

safe~~

also horses used to refer to saucy, so maybe scyxcosti-kun OTP with saucy love triangle?

Mortemis

Banned
Didn't even see that Ass Class got an anime announced. Brains base? Eh, the only thing I can remember watching from them is Blood Lad.

A Soma anime becoming reality is getting closer and closer.
Toei where you at.

Didn't even see that Ass Class got an anime announced. Brains base? Eh, the only thing I can remember watching from them is Blood Lad.

Toei where you at.

With mostly the same staff as the first Persona 4 anime, Devil Survivor 2 and Danganronpa The Animation, wwwwwwwwwww

Toei's doing World Trigger so maybe Soma will be saved

Marche90

Wagatsuma-san 89/99/whatever

Not gonna lie, it's the most interesting chapter of the series that I've read in a while. Finally, I can say that I can't wait to see how it goes the next chapter. It has been a while...

kasane

Toei where you at.
Soma
Anime

Does not compute

Jumps plan is to make a manga popular without an anime

;_;

Soma

At least Kishi will have his filthy incompetent hands busy with the AssClass anime so things are looking okay so far for the inevitable Shokugeki anime.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Himouto! Umaru-chan

This is really amusing and cute; please tell me it doesn't go to the dark place.

Soma

The Voynich Hotel Ch. 62

Poor Elena. Her happiness is too powerful.

Also I wonder if that last page is implying
that she's got morning sickness.

Hmmmmmm...

Soma

Yeah I was kinda interested in watching the Ao Haru Ride anime but read a story synopsis of the manga and decided not to bother.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
From what I've seen, it looks really great with the water coloring, so there's that.

But speaking of shoujo....

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun 49
I guess the mangaka genes run strong in the Nozaki family.

kasane

madhouse pls.

HxH staff or bust. Esp if its that team that weaved together that shitfest mahou sensou.
Yeah it was unbelievable how shitty the animation was. I was interested in the source material and i figured i should just watch the anime

Big mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom