• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
blame hekk

my mind has been in a terrible place today

I am fine with two dudes kissings but some work environments might not be fine with it.

I mean if people/work environments have problems with two dudes kissing that's their own problem and not DTL's.

I just don't want to flick to a new page and see some toes in someone's gob as the first post on the page.

Dresden

two dudes kissing is fine, two naked dudes kissing is not, and some of dtl's avatars really push the latter case sometimes. the fact that it's in service of some joke persona? whatever the fuck it is at this point makes it even worse, internet troll brinksmanship that could destroy LIVES. Lives, I tell you.

Revo

Kongou Banchou 75

EbYKZ5K.png
Hikyou Banchou too good.

Tokyo Ghoul 1

hey nice choice MC, she seems like a nice girl, likes literature, pretty damn cute...

oh. ok then. welp.

well then.

I mean I realise this puts her into god tier waifu status for many in this thread and I kinda like her a lot too like this for some reason.

so :kasane

Like the op song, but perfer the illustrations in the ED a bit more than the visuals of the OP.

yeah the OP song is what makes it, but I do love the exploding colour in the latter half when the music picks up, particularly the wings. it looks really cool. I also just like the pacing of the visuals in it.

The song is god tier though. (watch your volume, it's super loud.)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
two dudes kissing is fine, two naked dudes kissing is not, and some of dtl's avatars really push the latter case sometimes. the fact that it's in service of some joke persona? whatever the fuck it is at this point makes it even worse, internet troll brinksmanship that could destroy LIVES. Lives, I tell you.
DTL is a joke persona?? Whoa, I didn't know that.

I'm pretty sure he's embedded a sex scene before, but it showed nothing explicit but two shirtless dudes and one guy moaning (I think it was the manga where the one guy works at a daycare and the other guy drops off his nephew who he's taking care of?). He skirts the line a bit sometimes.

kasane

Tokyo Ghoul 1

hey nice choice MC, she seems like a nice girl, likes literature, pretty damn cute...

oh. ok then. welp.

well then.

I mean I realise this puts her into god tier waifu status for many in this thread and I kinda like her a lot too like this for some reason.

so :kasane

yeah the OP song is what makes it, but I do love the exploding colour in the latter half when the music picks up, particularly the wings. it looks really cool. I also just like the pacing of the visuals in it.

The song is god tier though. (watch your volume, it's super loud.)
She seems a nice enough girl. A girl i can share my interests with

Waiiit

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DTL is a joke persona?? Whoa, I didn't know that.

I'm pretty sure he's embedded a sex scene before, but it showed nothing explicit but two shirtless dudes and one guy moaning (I think it was the manga where the one guy works at a daycare and the other guy drops off his nephew who he's taking care of?). He skirts the line a bit sometimes.

He didn't used to be like that. DTL is a joke character.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Im not. Does this really have to be brought up every year, for the fifth or so year in a row now?
The only thing I can think of that could support that claim is the way you actively loath heterosexual romance or female nudity in the things you're reading. Your reaction is pretty over the top sometimes, but yaoi fangirls do the same thing with the romance angle at times, and even I'm not fond of female nudity/fan service. That and your grammar is pretty hard to parse (seems kind of like the verbal vomit fans do when they're excited), but you might not be a native speaker, and even if you are, I'm not one to be criticizing that because I suck at formulating easily parsable written sentences as a native speaker, too.

So yeah, I dunno.

It's great. Show is better, but the manga is still good.

I'll keep that in mind as I continue to expand my horizons.

Tokyo Ghoul 2

ok so now I can talk more of the actual plot that I already know about from the anime

So in Tokyo there have been these incidents where people have murdered and eaten other people. They are called Ghouls. Hence the name.

Human food is not edible for them. They have to eat humans to survive. Aside from their diet, they are human for all intents and purposes. They look the same, they blend into society and try to live normally.

The belle that our unfortunate MC Kaneki has taken a liking to just happens to be one of these delightful individuals. On their date, she reveals it to him and proceeds to attempt to eat him... that is until something falls on her and crushes her before she can actually chow down.

oh cruel fate!

hearing the noise of giant steel girders falling on and crushing someone, people rush to the scene and call for medics. Despite having his stomach ripped open by our lovely lady, MC somehow stays alive until paramedics arrive, after which an organ transplant is carried out to save him.

Whose organs, you ask? Why the dead bitch under all the steel that was trying to eat his ass.

With ghoul body parts inside him, poor old Kaneki, continuing on his Series of Unfortunate Events, realises that food is pretty horrible. Even those darn burgers he loves. Humans though. Man they is TASTY. Also his eye is kinda fucked up... wait.

OH NO. He is half Ghoul or something!

Then best girl arrives.

Also I'm gonna get hella mileage out of this:

UG9khNF.png

World Customize Creator 01-08

6j7zD74l.png

A guy gets sucked into a fantasy world and discovers he has gained a power to customize anything he wants.

Interesting to see a main character who's power is basically modding whatever to suit his needs. Its been mostly world building but there have been some cool applications of it and I'm interested enough in the world to look forward to see how this goes.

Beyond Evil 16

There must be a subgenre of manga that involve the classroom game to determine this weeks bully and bullied as this manga now does it like a few other manga Ive read. Its always an interesting phenomenon as it is always strange how quickly people can switch from being bullied to being a bully and their extreme method of attacking one person when someone else is fully capable of being able to do it to them if things had played out that way. At least that is what seems to be going on here by her comments last chapter about is it her turn or not. In any case, its going to involve our favorite leads again because the person thats most likely going to make her pay some life energy or something is on the roof, or either she will make a deal with someone else.

Persona 4 - The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena 15-16

Only good scene in the end.

Blah blah, no one cares about Yosuke being the main character and all the good ones were knocked out so this adaptation suckssssssssssssss

Revo

World Customize Creator 1-8

While the world isn't anything new (into a medieval RPG game, basically) it was nice to see alchemy as the guy's power instead of something else. Power reminds me of FMA but with more rulebreaking cause it's basically cheats.

Interesting enough depending on how the next stuff goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom