• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ultra curveball: Twitter guitarist is the speed bump girl.

The woes of the huge harem

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 1-6

So you're telling me he doesn't notice his fox-girl is now a fox-woman? Also, the irony that a bunch of jerkasses pointed out that MC is the slaveowner.

Blusby

F/SN Heaven's Feel - Through Day 14

It seemed overly arrogant of Rin to believe that she could kill Sakura and what do you know, its exactly as I thought - Rider would just instantly fucking kill her. Which I know because of course I chose the option to murder Sakura and got killed instead.

I don't understand why they're making a movie of this route. 80% of the route is expository dialogue in Shirou's kitchen and sex scenes. It feels like a lot of the route exists just to tie up some loose ends they never explained in UBW or Fate.

Well at the very least you're up to what is pretty much the best part of the whole game, UBW is undeniably the most "solid" route but I'd say that HF's had higher highs, as you're about to see. Granted I found Sakura and Rider to be the least interesting characters in the whole VN so the focus on them sours my overall impression of the route, though for all intents and purposes more often than not HF equally feels like an Illya route (which it originally was, the plot was supposed to branch off into two with the choice of either Sakura or Illya but had to be scrapped due to time constraints so Illya's route was merged with Sakura's. This is kinda funny because upon a second read-through you can really see the skeleton of Illya's cut route.) I also had a big issue with its treatment of a certain character,
Caster in particular, as she really didn't have to go out the way she did and could have easily been implemented into the storyline as a temporary servant for Shirou post-losing Saber, with her motive being revenge against the shadow and True Assassin for taking her beloved's life from her. The theme of the revenge also ties into the final arc of HF so what could have been her character arc in HF could have been a great precursor to the stuff coming up later. Also I just found Caster to easily be the most interesting, and my favorite servant as well as character in the game along with Shirou, Kotomine, and Illya so her whole role just being to conveniently show Rule Breaker is pretty jarring.

Blusby

Oh god so wrong
I'm pretty sure what was to be the route wasn't going to have H-scenes, so there's that. The rumors heard was basically an early idea Nasu had but quickly scrapped because of how wrong and dumb it was, and it included Illya's body transforming into that of proper age for such material. So yeah, Illya route would have had no H.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure what was to be the route wasn't going to have H-scenes, so there's that. The rumors heard was basically an early idea Nasu had but quickly scrapped because of how wrong and dumb it was, and it included Illya's body transforming into that of proper age for such material. So yeah, Illya route would have had no H.

I still don't get why Ilya looks like she's 10 even though she was Shirou's age in Fate/Zero, not to mention Iri looked like an adult.

As far as Caster goes, I'm fine with her being the only chick in the entire series who isn't in Shirou's harem. If she were in HF any more, she probably would have been.

Blusby

I still don't get why Ilya looks like she's 10 even though she was Shirou's age in Fate/Zero, not to mention Iri looked like an adult.

As far Caster, I'm fine with her being the only chick in the entire series who isn't in Shirou's harem. If she were in HF any more, she probably would have been.

I believe it was mentioned early on that Illya's body was tampered by the Einzberns to turn her basically into a mana battery of sorts so her body grows at a very slow rate. I'm pretty sure the decision to do this was originally meant to juxtapose with Sakura given their shared route, but could also easily be chalked up to needing more cuteness. IIRC early on in Zero Kiritsugu comments on how Illya will never develop secondary sexual characteristics when he receives his customized Thompson Contender.

I imagine that she wouldn't given her character, Caster's a manipulative woman and would definitely use Shirou to her advantage by any means but it would also be in character for her to keep him at a large distance. Romantic attraction to Shirou throughout the VN doesn't seem too bad, though the development of Shirou and Saber's relationship in the Fate route is utter garbage.

Guys I am so disappointed and sad. The anime of Tokyo Ghoul just took a load of shit on the Aogiri Arc. It killed me. Like why why why why why why fuckin why.

Can you guys please give me a manga that will heal my inner soul.

Blusby

Guys I am so disappointed and sad. The anime of Tokyo Ghoul just took a load of shit on the Aogiri Arc. It killed me. Like why why why why why why fuckin why.

I wanted the adaptation to be good too bro, but upon hearing 1-cour I knew it'd be shit. I bet that they'll announce a second season in the near future too so be prepared to take it from good ol' studio Pierrot.

Anyways, read Koe no Katachi.

dani_dc

Kimi no Iru Machi

I agree with this suggestion, I went to read Kimi No Iru Machi when looking for something at least decent, heartwarming and fun to distract me of my anxiety issues, and I can at least say that reading it succeeded in doing so.

Note: Another new avatar, this thread is starting to feel so alien right now.

wmlk

I figured character development in the series would make sense. Meh. Need to lower my expectations. Sasuke's character development hasn't made sense in the previous arcs at all so why would it now?

Character development has happened. It's just that the Uchiha want revolution whereas the Senju descendants defend evolution.

Sasuke has seen enough messed up stuff. He's just a guy who is willing to resort to violence to not ever have that happen again. Not very convincing but not entirely contrived, either.

Angry Grimace

I believe it was mentioned early on that Illya's body was tampered by the Einzberns to turn her basically into a mana battery of sorts so her body grows at a very slow rate. I'm pretty sure the decision to do this was originally meant to juxtapose with Sakura given their shared route, but could also easily be chalked up to needing more cuteness. IIRC early on in Zero Kiritsugu comments on how Illya will never develop secondary sexual characteristics when he receives his customized Thompson Contender.

I imagine that she wouldn't given her character, Caster's a manipulative woman and would definitely use Shirou to her advantage by any means but it would also be in character for her to keep him at a large distance. Romantic attraction to Shirou throughout the VN doesn't seem too bad, though the development of Shirou and Saber's relationship in the Fate route is utter garbage.

Most of the girls are hot for Shirou and those that aren't are gar for Archer, which well, you know.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Actual serious suggestion.

Love so life.

WHich I think is probably the exact total opposite of a seo manga despite never reading any of his works.

Angry Grimace

I'm so proud of my little kouhais for avoiding the obvious Hot House rec.

Blusby

I read that manga, it's really good.

Anyways thanks guys for the suggestions.

In that case considering that it's coming to an end in a chapter or two I'd really recommend reading Pandora Hearts, it has a rather slow beginning but it's a very well done series in art, plotting, and characterization.

Alright, all, how severe is the fanservice stuff in Shokugeki no Soma, generally? I tried reading the first chapter and would prefer not see food molestation every time someone eats.

kasane

Alright, all, how severe is the fanservice stuff in Shokugeki no Soma, generally? I tried reading the first chapter and would prefer not see tentacle molestation every time someone eats.

well theres lots. It isn't always explitct but there are " foodgams " as called by fans

Hirunaka no Ryuusei 69

SENSEI FIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom