• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't see too much of bro tho

i wanted him to be part of the shinanigans

would have distracted from the main couple who are godlike

I might actually read some Bonnouji again after I finish proofing this Mix chapter.

oh wait it's like 2:30 AM. Hrm. Oh well, guess I'll be up late tonight ~~

Soma

Alright, all, how severe is the fanservice stuff in Shokugeki no Soma, generally? I tried reading the first chapter and would prefer not see food molestation every time someone eats.

Fluctuates but generally gets less and less as the story goes on as tosh opts for more creative ways to display "foodgasms".

Also the service can be kinda even-handed at times since male characters get in on it too sometimes.

If like.

That's your thing too.

kasane

would have distracted from the main couple who are godlike

I might actually read some Bonnouji again after I finish proofing this Mix chapter.

oh wait it's like 2:30 AM. Hrm. Oh well, guess I'll be up late tonight ~~

lol i was up until like 6 am yesterday watching starcraft

hahahah

Hirunaka no Ryuusei 73

NOOOOOOOOOOOO LAST SCNALATED CHAPTER

kasane

Hirunaka no Ryuusei 72 again

SENSEI IS GONNA LOSE

(≧ロ≦)
(≧ロ≦)
(≧ロ≦)
(≧ロ≦)

MSMrRound

Alright, all, how severe is the fanservice stuff in Shokugeki no Soma, generally? I tried reading the first chapter and would prefer not see food molestation every time someone eats.

There's different types. Sometimes funny, sometimes sexual. The fanservice applies to both genders though.

If you look past it, it's a very good manga series. Nearly every chapter keeps on adding to the plate.

Eleuin

Technically this is still the 4th week but since we now know for sure that it won't return anytime soon, we might as well get this party started.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109195653&postcount=18454

Please get in contact with dramatis to arrange your prize @Eleuin.

dff76f18b2d9c04f10c7cc3b7c7bc35a1400957120_full.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109105605&postcount=17964

This win would have been more enjoyable had I kept up with the thread but I haven't had much time to read manga (or do anything really) lately because of work and now university is starting up. (also you guys post so much!)

Of course winning is bittersweet because I love HxH and I really didn't want it to go on hiatus again so quickly... I put my bet low fully expecting to wear Shū for a few weeks at the very least.

Shoutouts to DTL though:
Dedication Through Light said:
Ill go with 88, nearly two year stretch with no hiatus incoming.
mjlolhjuci.gif

Enjoy the Nisekoi avatars all and I'll try not to ruin the OT.

Sekainohate de Aimashou 44-45

The brother and princess thing was kinda cute.

But now it's boring again cause we're back to the main couple.

This win would have been more enjoyable had I kept up with the thread but I haven't had much time to read manga (or do anything really) lately because of work and now university is starting up. (also you guys post so much!)

Of course winning is bittersweet because I love HxH and I really didn't want it to go on hiatus again so quickly... I put my bet low fully expecting to wear Shū for a few weeks at the very least.

Shoutouts to DTL though:

mjlolhjuci.gif

Yo what manga are you gonna pick to be added to the next OT.

Please let it be Tokyo Ghoul.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Shoutouts to DTL though:

mjlolhjuci.gif

As long as you put gekkan shoujo nozaki as part of the rec banner, then all is forgiven.

Revo

I'll be sad if there isn't How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword in the banner.

well theres lots. It isn't always explitct but there are " foodgams " as called by fans
Aw.
Fluctuates but generally gets less and less as the story goes on as tosh opts for more creative ways to display "foodgasms".
Oh.
If you look past it, it's a very good manga series. Nearly every chapter keeps on adding to the plate.
Hmm.

Alright then, I'll try trudging on. Thank you for the answers.

The only hot-blooded cooking story I've ever been exposed to is Mister Ajikko and food reactions were one of the most memorable and amusing part of it, in which judges would just playfully swim in food while doing commentaries. Rather disappointed to see Soma's spin on it.

Quasar

Check out tower of god, it usually has lengthy chapters. Somewhat closer to a monthly mangas like claymore.

I do read girls of the wilds just for lols even though it isn't any good

Well I genuinely like it, its probably the comic look forward to most, but that the format frustrates me. I'm also reading Orange Marmalade, Untouchable and Cheese in the Trap.

Of course so does Minamoto-kun Monogatari, which I feel is the worst in terms of lowest amount of content per chapter.

Inu X Boku Secret Service Vol.03

pjfvcnSl.png

I think something that's pretty interesting with this series is how quick things have been moving. Someone else has been writing those letters? I been, I know.

Fall in love with each other? Confess the very same chapter.

In other shoujos, these developments would have taken forever to actually happen so feels just kinda weird here. And also heroic tanuki action.

Zef9OF6.jpg

Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check out the new chapter of Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha even though I'm still stuck way back on chapter 1.

Then I got to the Uka x Touka scene and all I can say is..

"Fuck me sideways"

Because I want to catch up right now.

But I'm already doing a slow ass read of Magi and don't have the time to read through another 40+ chapters.

Christ.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I just marathoned Bleach from the beginning up to the end of Fullbring arc.

You know....... reading it in a marathon, it wasn't what I would call an unpleasant experience. In fact, I quite enjoyed it.

That's actually a bit surprising considering how mocked Bleach generally is in here.

kasane

You know....... reading it in a marathon, it wasn't what I would call an unpleasant experience. In fact, I quite enjoyed it.

That's actually a bit surprising considering how mocked Bleach generally is in here.

I think its enjoyable but its objectively bad

Bleach isn't really that bad inherently. It's just the current arc has completely shit the bed with really poor pacing and uninteresting villains that get introduced and killed a few chapters later.

Plus there's no Aizen so there's that too.

dani_dc

Half & Half 1

Suicide and attempt at murder stopped only by sexual attraction, which was obviously followed by masturbation, all in the first chapter.

How can people not love Seo?

Kieli

It's not like I noticed this yesterday or something, but I do find it kind of interesting that whenever you have a mixed race Japanese, the father is always Japanese.

I'm talking about manga, obviously.

Quasar

Zef9OF6.jpg

Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check out the new chapter of Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha even though I'm still stuck way back on chapter 1.

Then I got to the Uka x Touka scene and all I can say is..

"Fuck me sideways"

Because I want to catch up right now.

I just wish it was just Uka/Touka. That being the B story is just a constant frustration to me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
87 Clockers 18

The greatest MMO addicted love story I have seen yet.

Why are there so many anime/manga/LN about MMOs these days. Log Horizon, Sword Art Online, that one with the guy who enslaves a fox girl, etc.

dani_dc

Half & Half 2

I'll have to agree with her in the masturbation issue here, as nice as it is, since they share emotions its rather intrusive and essentially sexual abuse for him to force those feelings on to her.

His point of view regarding the death situation is logical to some degree but him trying to manipulate her is low. But she shouldn't be made a villain when she died due to suicide, so I'm glad to see she wants to keep living (this will hopefully be more explored as we go).

I should also note how it amuses me that this is categorized as a "love comedy".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why are there so many anime/manga/LN about MMOs these days. Log Horizon, Sword Art Online, that one with the guy who enslaves a fox girl, etc.

87 clockers is more about a love story based on overclocking PCs, to be fair. :p

Ran of the Gray world 41

I have no idea who 3/4 of these people are.

Kieli

It's actually kind of hilarious how blatant the plagiarism is.

Literally, there are SEVERAL LN with the exact same set-up. Magical academy. Weak but actually strong protagonist. Tsundere girl. Girl challenges guy to duel at the end of the chapter.

I'd be laughed out of any North American publishing house for that kind of garbage fan-fiction.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Blame SAO and increasing online gaming penetration in Japan.

Log Horizon isn't "new", neither is SAO. SAO started in 2009, Log Horizon in 2010. Once SAO set the trend though, other studios moved to snap up similar properties to capitalize on the craze.

RIP .hack, you were 10 years too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom