• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Rock Me Amadeus 1
YQOuNE5.jpg
Seems like Persona x music with pretty decent art, I'm definitely interested.

14 pages.

It took 14 pages to many for me to remember the reason why I'm still reading this.

Do not need for the other girls introduction.

Nor what this series somehow calls a "story".

I am here for my plot.

And hopefully my incest subtext.

Also,

pIqfuow.jpg

Yuuki Homura is my dude.

Gonna go take a trip down memory lane and read some of his finest work.

Soma

Man I can't stand watching a full episode of the Kawaisou anime but flipping through the manga works out okay.

(even if main dude is fucking up by not going for the christmas cake)

Usobuko

Banned
Waga Na wa Umishi 1-9

I was planning to read a chapter or two but the story grabbes me in a way that I ended up reading the entire first arc.

The series starts with a different premise, diving, while that might not sound too exciting, the actual focus on salvaging and saving people lives.
The series main character is flawed and starts off with an absolute view of the world, but the first arc has some nice character progression as he's forced to face with the ghosts from the past by being unable to save someone from dying. The situation itself was predictable (otherwise the story wouldn't advance), but the execution was well made, it was hard to see the MC being unable to save the person.

Caught me off guard, looking forward to read more.

I read about 30 chapters at one go. I thought the entire first arc ends around there. I guess that will be the second arc for you and it's even better.

Akito

Man I can't stand watching a full episode of the Kawaisou anime but flipping through the manga works out okay.

The anime is hideous in comparison, how could they fuck up the colors and lighting so badly

X7FNvhK.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The one thing that made me hesitate going beyond chapter 1 of kawaisou is if the lolicon roomate will be a reoccuring thing.

Suzuka 6-13

Dang, poor guy :( he's a little clumsy in how he goes about things, but I would probably be the same.

Sucks that he got turned down. Guess it's a little too early in the manga for it to happen. Asshole guy was a bro in that situation.

Dark skinned girl is still awesome.

Sakurai kinda sucks.

dani_dc

I read about 30 chapters at one go. I thought the entire first arc ends around there. I guess that will be the second arc for you and it's even better.
I thought the first 9 chapters worked as an small introductory arc, to get us to know the characters as well as set the story, though I suppose its a matter of interpretation. That's good to hear, I'll read more after I get some sleep, bit too tired to focus now.
Suzuka ch0

I may have made a mistake.
WsyYCgx.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, he's really just a buttmonkey and nothing more, the gags with and about him never really get uncomfortable.

Alright, I'll put it back to my backlog.

I'm usually tolerant of that kind of humor but it just wasn't what I was looking for when I first read kawaisou.

Dresden

bland boy going for wurst gurl, no surprise.

We need a different manga club to counter the Suzuka spam. Anyone want to read these three??? Just one or two volumes a week! The Seotalk is making this thread look like it's 2006 again.

- Banana Bread Pudding (very short shojo)

- Gundam Sousei (100% accurate history of Gundam's origins to get you ready for the Fall of Gundam coming in two weeks. By the guy who did a certain mahjong manga.)

- No. 5 (it's a Matsumoto Taiyou that I haven't read yet, so I was going to read it anyways, but if anyone wants to join~)

We need a different manga club to counter the Suzuka spam. Anyone want to read these three??? Just one or two volumes a week! The Seotalk is making this thread look like it's 2006 again.

- Gundam Sousei (100% accurate history of Gundam's origins to get you ready for the Fall of Gundam coming in two weeks. By the guy who did a certain mahjong manga.)

- No. 5 (it's a Matsumoto Taiyou that I haven't read yet, so I was going to read it anyways, but if anyone wants to join~)
I was contemplating whether or not to propose a Go Nagai bookclub at some point, but I wouldn't mind doing this, especially if I got to read Gundam Sousei again.

Soma

Haven't read any of these so I'm down for whatever if this is legit.

Can't go wrong with more Taiyou and I've heard Banana Bread Pudding is p good.

F9qjwOv.png

Psycho Bitch vs Yandere.

Round 2!

Let's Go!

I want blood.

I want some scissors, box cutters, knives, etc.

And I want to see one of them grabbing/punching/choking the other and proclaiming the MC is theirs and theirs alone.

Anything else will just be disappointing.

Zweizer

Banned
Gundam Sousei is pretty good. It's by the guy who did the best mahjong manga ever AKA Legend of Koizumi. I'd only recommend it if you already have at least some basic knowledge of the Gundam universe though.

Lain

Suzuka 0-5

Alright, man..... where to start.

First of all these translations fucking suck. I legit wish there was a reasonable way to get the volumes without paying over the odds for second hand copies of the Del Rey releases. I honestly wonder how some of these people can credit themselves as proofreaders when hardly an ounce of proofreading has gone into this. If they did you wouldn't get shit like "It makes me hard to breathe".

Time to for MangaGAF to step up to the challenge and re-edit this masterpiece.

Pls dont get axed

Pls

No

Pls

It's by Kano, it'll be axed. The only question is: how many misunderstandings will he be able to stuff into the story before the axe falls down?

Gundam Sousei is pretty good. It's by the guy who did the best mahjong manga ever AKA Legend of Koizumi. I'd only recommend it if you already have at least some basic knowledge of the Gundam universe though.

I am hyped. Legend of Koizumi was so good.

Akame Ga Kill 52.5

RIP Rabac. Never confessing to Najenda sucks.

Esdese is going to set an execution so she can kill Tatsumi girlfriend. The thing is she doesnt know who it is lol.

Droplet

Banana Bread Pudding is great. I'm in to read the other two, although my Gundam knowledge pretty much comes entirely from G Gundam, Gundam 00, and the first two volumes of the origin manga. That's...enough, right?

Dresden

Banana Bread Pudding is great. I'm in to read the other two, although my Gundam knowledge pretty much comes entirely from G Gundam, Gundam 00, and the first two volumes of the origin manga. That's...enough, right?

It's an illustrated history of how Gundam came to be, and the men involved in its creation. Don't worry about it, it's there to educate people!

Zephyx

Suzuka 1
What a way to start your manga. If you told me this would end up in hentai, I would've believed you right now.

Suzuka 2
So this guy will have a harem at some point too, right? He hasn't even gone to school yet. I feel bad for his friend. He will be jealous of him at some point.

Suzuka 3
A new challenger appears!

Suzuka 4
Poor Honoka. She's better than Suzuka at this point.

Suzuka 5
So, he has some kind of talent after all.

Suzuka 6
This guy is so assuming.

Suzuka 7
If this girl has blonde hair and some pigtails, she can join the Danganronpa cast as the Ultimate Tsundere.

Suzuka 8
Why are the best girls always used as a distraction?

Suzuka 9
So even her has this kind of side. Unexpected but still not enough to win me over.

Suzuka 10
Yamato is dumb. Just oblivious. Maybe it's not yet obvious at this time but I can see a storm coming when Honoka comes into the fray

Infinite Stratos Vol.01

All My Classmates are Female.

And The Transfer Student is the Second Childhood Friend.

Well that sums up nicely. The main character being a dolt isn't helpful either. It's not even a slow dim harem protagonist that starts slowly not noticing stuff, he just does it right off the bat so eh.

Its just all trashy and I'm amazed I actually finished reading this.

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata - Koisuru Metronome 02

It's fairly interesting we are skipping all the recycled plot of the other two series here and instead just making this a romance thingy. It's surprisingly more enjoyable.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Already read Gundam Sousei. It's hilarious!

I'll put Banana Bread Pudding and No. 5 to my backlog

We could jump on to the wa ga na wa umishi train.
I already read it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom