• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Swagamoto ch 13
A segway pailbucket.

Holy shit how can this mangaka think up this many creative stuff? It's like Swagamoto write this manga himself.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Also man, it's like theme bukkake in one volume. We have the debate if intelligence is a sin according to the bible, an exploration of the post-apocalypse being caused by the bubris of man, conscience in AI, the battle of man vs nature, whether humanity is truly unique and if sacrificing feelings means sacrificing humanity. All those themes right in you face straight up after one volume can be pretty overwhelming.

Just a bunch of bored teenagers getting high.

Zweizer

Banned
Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou ch9

Holy fuck I couldn't differentiate the two at all. And guy's starting to remind me of Suzuka's MC. Goddammit Seo!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Once you read more volumes, you will notice this is more related to the story than you may believe at first! Drugs and their effects on society, in the backstory and in actual characters is touched several times.

Haha, alright, guess I can see some things a mile away. It's going to take awhile for me to completely finish it though. Getting low on funds. T_T

Also goddamn dark horse really needs to get their shit together and put their stuff up on kindle.

Or more accurately it's a metaphor for slavery

It's always slavery with you!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

So basically you're about to find out why shonen series never have anyone actually grow a pair and get together.

Antiwhippy

Been rereading gekkan shoujo on the side again ever since they released the omakes and their fun, though I'd take any excuse to reread them.

XPwocrZ.png

upandaway

Baby Steps 184

I'm digging it. That sounds like a nice way to do meditation, never heard about this specific one either.

I imagine just knowing about the practice should help if you do it a bit before a match.

oh man new Koe no Katachi in like 8 hours.

I'm pretty excited for this chapter.

Also sort of disappointed I read my 30 chapters of Suzuka already. We should have done 40 or 50.

Haha, alright, guess I can see some things a mile away. It's going to take awhile for me to completely finish it though. Getting low on funds. T_T

Also goddamn dark horse really needs to get their shit together and put their stuff up on kindle.

It's always slavery with you!

And both Dark Horse and the UK publisher doing Eden hasn't finished releasing the entire comic (18 volumes), after several years. ¬¬

Antiwhippy

And both Dark Horse and the UK publisher doing Eden hasn't finished releasing the entire comic (18 volumes), after several years. ¬¬

Yeah, they have 14 as the newest one in my comic-store.

Ah well, I can tell that I'm going to enjoy it enough where I can justify collecting the whole thing.

Suzuka 17-21

Why is she being a bitch with him? Ugh

Also poor shrine girl, I feel bad for her.

Also third girl (or four of we count the stupid loli) is also boring...

From now on she's runner girl.

(Also shirt button...long hair..what?)

dani_dc

Suzuka 11

Set up for a date that's going to go wrong.

Suzuka 12

Started well, its raining and they're blaming each other. It did manage to turn around and end in a confession, and we're just 13 chapters in.

Suzuka 13

And rejection, can't say I blame her reasoning. Then crying in the room next to ner , which still has a hole in the wall, has to be awkward.

Also sort of disappointed I read my 30 chapters of Suzuka already. We should have done 40 or 50.
Seriously, I've been trying to hold back to not read all 30 chapters in a row, but you guys aren't making it easy.
Fuuka 32

So he finally did it and chose her. She better end up staying as a good character by the end of the series.
Couldn't go any other way at this point really.

Revo

Suzuka 3

Terribly typical.

Suzuka 4

Surprised she's here so early, but still typical.

Suzuka 5

Once the setup was there it was obvious.

Suzuka 6

Bluhhhhh

At this point it's probably just more typical than rage inducing so I shouldn't get so rustled from just this. But I'm terrible with romance stuff so :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 32

So he finally did it and chose her. She better end up staying as a good character by the end of the series.

I have a word for you and that word is "Seo." He'll assassinate the fuck out of her character.

Also, Tama is overly determined to fuck shit up for Yu. Like she announces shit she should know will get him in trouble, then shows up at the concert and makes it even more awkward and then she randomly decides that she needs Akitsuki to be present while she goes for the third-attempt at securing Yu's nuts.

Revo

Suzuka 7

Was alright enough.

Suzuka 8

Oh boy we tsunhitting now

Suzuka 9
Oh boy more tsungrabbing

Suzuka 10
At least he's more honest with his feelings. Wonder if the confession comes soon. Poor shrine girl though.

First few chapters hit hard in the generic/dumb but now it's just generic dumb. Might get a bit more interesting with an early enough confession otherwise i'm prepared for the long wait.

upandaway

Baby Steps 202

What's the point of having trainers or coaches at this point? If you want to get better, play against Maruo.

For the ideal training regime to raise the most perfect player in the world, just clone Maruo and have training be nothing but matches against him. You literally don't need anything else. Well, also notebooks.

Revo

Suzuka 11

What a bitch, pretending it's not her fault the tickets were shredded. I expected Suzuka to have as well but still.

Suzuka 12

Oh snap a confession

Suzuka 13

Rekt kid. I wonder if she can hear the crying.

Suzuka 14

Woo rip moping. Glad that will probably be over.

Better set of chapters than the previous bunch. As long as the dynamic isn't the exact same normal or super avoiding I'm fine with this development.

Angry Grimace

He was well over Tama and into Fuuka by the time he meet Tama again, she never had a chance, and I can't imagine the events of the last few weeks helped.

Yeah, like it was a precocious crush on her, but I don't think he even had been associated with her as a person old enough to have a relationship. But Fuuka and Yuu getting together in Chapter 32 just means we're in for some serious :seo: Although I will say there probably isn't a stronger move you can make on a chick than rejecting a pop idol in her favor.

If I was a extremely rich I would be a purveyor of arts, renaissance style. Mitsukubi Condor would continue as long as I wanted and Mashima would be able to create anything he wants....

Revo

Suzuka 15

Expected this development sooner or later, but their dynamic will hopefully change so it's all okay.

Suzuka 16

Glad that he finally fully understands Suzuka's drive.

Suzuka 17

I doubt she can handle the training they do. Manager, maybe? But more erotic situation for Yamato :(

Suzuka 18

Yep, manager. But reality is never that sweet~

Suzuka 19

Suzuka pls. I was not hoping for this dynamic change :(

Hashiba best so far. Hope she never develops romantic feelings for Yamato. Suzuka you're terrible.

kasane

Eden: It's an endless world vol. 1

Firstly, props to actually having a gay dude that is actually a sympathetic and nuanced character whose homosexuality actually plays into the story in a very tasteful way. Too bad he died.

Also man, it's like theme bukkake in one volume. We have the debate if intelligence is a sin according to the bible, an exploration of the post-apocalypse being caused by the bubris of man, conscience in AI, the battle of man vs nature, whether humanity is truly unique and if sacrificing feelings means sacrificing humanity. All those themes right in you face straight up after one volume can be pretty overwhelming.

I like it. Also I see we already have two separate casts of characters. I like that in my post-apocalyptic story.

Oh yeah, art is cool.

i got a little bit confused on volume 3 i think

dani_dc

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 40

It was about time for Mikan to start noticing this stuff.
Also I had forgotten the MC was supposed to be unable to lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom