• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberz1

Sup Manga-Gaf, I've been lurking for a while but may start finally posting cause I'm bored.
Currently blasting through GTO and plodding through monster on my breaks at work. Both have been in my *break glass in case of emergency* bin for a while and they're unsurprisingly fantastic.

Tomo-Chan 477
ppZtYz0.png

ITS BACK!

Usobuko

Banned
'Kono Manga ga Sugoi!' 2017 Rankings

Male Readers' Top 20
*1. Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa
*2. Watashi no Shounen
*3. Fire Punch
*4. Umezawa Shun Sakuhin Shuusei: Panty Stocking no You na Sora no Shita
*5. Golden Gold
*6. Dungeon Meshi
*7. 3-gatsu no Lion
*7. Drifters
*9. Usagi ga Nihiki
10. Manga Sadou - Manga de Yomu Sauna Michi

11. Bokutachi ga Yarimashita
12. Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu
12. Juuhan Shuttai!
14. AI no Idenshi
15. Souboutei Kowasubeshi
15. Dokonjou Gaeru no Musume
17. World Trigger
18. Designs
19. Shakunetsu Kabaddi
20. Bon no Kuni

Female Readers' Top 20
*1. Kin no Kuni Mizu no Kuni
*2. Haru no Noroi
*3. Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report
*4. Shinya no Dame Koizukan
*5. Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet
*6. Toumei na Yurikago
*7. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
*8. Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi
*9. Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare
10. Niehime to Kemono no Ou

11. Tokyo Tarareba-Jou
12. Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san
13. Saraba, Yoki Hi
13. Tsuki to Yubisaki no Aida
15. Ofuro Douzo
15. Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.
17. Suteki na Kareshi
18. Cult Mura de Umaremashita.
19. Chuugaku Seinikki
19. Noumen Joshi no Hanako-san

Don't recognize most of them, starting to feel out of touch.

Ascheroth

Male Readers' Top 20

Female Readers' Top 20

I recognize barely anything there, but on the other hand I'm not sure I can take a ranking that has Fire Punch in the top 3 seriously anyway.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Male Readers' Top 20

Female Readers' Top 20

Wait what? How in the world a spin off of Kaiji about Tonegawa manage to become so popular!?

Fire Punch is the very definition of an edgelord manga, but the story goes from boring to insane shit happening and only god and author could predict where the story goes. Like wow, everytime i read it, insane shit happening without any explanation whatsoever.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch477

Such despair. It's sadly useless to struggle.

The Little Match Girl ch8

Probably would have met the same fate anyways.

Joshikausei ch56-57

Such a good girl.

The secrets of the Universe reside within a girl's eyes.

bobohoro

Misuzu-chan 477

Finally.
Looking forward to CC meeting Tomo mom.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 46

Well some progress at least.
Realistically this might be going fast now with no Poltergeisteffect. They are nearly dryhumping every morning after all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's still an awful lot of people who seem to think Erina and Soma have the same mom despite the logical problem with two people being the same age and having different fathers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna

Kogarashi gets a full-on harem in one chapter. Not that anyone vaguely expected anything different given that this is just a straight-up variant of TLR. The only material difference is Kogarashi being marginally more fleshed out than Rito (who's just an audience surrogate for shy dudes who have a wish fulfillment fantasy of having every hot girl in the galaxy after your junk) by virtue of having the gimmick of "I was possessed by ____________" to explain why he's good at everything.

Shouta

Dragon Quest: The Emblem of Loto 2 Vol 26

So much happening in this volume. The fight continues in Aliahan and we get a ton of more back story to the world. A key thing that shows up are mentions of the Zenithians from DQ4-6 and the part they played in the history of the world. So I guess in the Emblem of Loto, DQ1-6 are all in the same universe with DQ4-6 happening before DQ1-3.

I can't wait for the next volume. =(

So after being in Japan for a while, I can now easily see why so many manga have Truck-kun killing someone.

If someone from Massachusetts is calling your country's driving bad, it's pretty fucking bad.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
OPM 70.2

This tournament arc has been going on for too long. Or maybe I'm just getting bored with the manga.

You better hope you warm up to it because this is season 2 of the OPM anime.

Inuyashiki 69 - 72

I'm not sure how I've felt about this manga for some time. However its cool to see anything with an older fellow as the protag and this feels a bit more earnest than Gantz which could get edgy and try hard a lot. I admit the antagonist is an annoying little shit on a whole new scale but Inuyashiki is good people. That whole sequence where he talks about how he was born for this moment, to save people and do good, overlaid with images of him from a boy to the man he is at that point was actually fairly touching.

Viz Shonen Jump 1/16/17

My Hero Academia

Fairly fun chapter all around, mostly setting things up though.

One Piece

So Sanji's back story does have death in it because of course it does :p I really like Reiju this arc has had some of the strongest written female characters in awhile in One Piece with Pudding and Reiju standing out.

Promised Neverland

Last chapter we had sister stomp Norman and Emma to esablish her as a real threat, only to use that to further esablish that while the kids are playing 3d chess and sister is playing 4d chess mom is playing 6d chess. I wonder if sister is being shipped out for food or just transfered somewhere else and I wonder what mom did to pull this off.

Food Wars Shokugeki no Soma

So this is the moment is clearly what sparked Aizami's desire for a revolution in the culinary world where everyone makes the same universally accepted version of gourmet food. Its frustrating there are a lot of good ideas here but it's been lacking in execution.

Black Clover

Thank god the focus is slowly shifting away from the fuck yoh ln only characters and towards Mars and Fana. Typical cliche crap won the day this series is basically lays potato chips like Fairy Tail without the fanservice.

Seraph of the end bonus chapter

I forgot how unlikable Yu was at the start of this series, and considering he's still a little shit he's got a long way to go.

OPM 65

Zzzzzz

OPM Tornado Bonus chapter

Okay I'll admit this chapter did make me laugh and its the format I feel OPM excels at (one shot).

OPM sense bonus chapter

The joke this time didn't land for me since I guess the twist/joke too early into the chapter. I still appreciate this over most of the canon plot of opm.

RWBY

Finally out of trailer expansion but this still is impossible to follow and poorly drawn outside of the action. Thank god this is ending soon.

Viz better have some major fucking announcements next week cause us jump is in dire straights.

mdubs

Banned
I've enjoyed this flashback segment and eagerly awaiting the meeting of Soma's mother, but let's be real

It's been too many chapters without Rindo

gintama 619

Hopefully that big guy is down for good. I mean it only took the whole town to do it.

tomo 478

Misuzu sure is afraid of Tomom.

I've enjoyed this flashback segment and eagerly awaiting the meeting of Soma's mother, but let's be real

It's been too many chapters without Rindo

Its been like 5 chapters with Rindo. Yeah, that is quite a lot now that I think about it.

Anyway, I wonder if Soma's mom is going to have much significance in the story.

Jump Issue 8# Rankings

The Promised Neverland (Cover, Lead CP)
1. My Hero Academia
2. Black Clover
3. Hinomaru Zumou
Haikyu!! (CP)
4. Kimetsu no Yaiba
5. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
Golem Hearts (CP, One Shot)
6. Gintama
Spring Weapon No. 1 (CP)
7. Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
8. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Whim (One Shot)
9. Samon the Summoner
Ole Golazo
10. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
11. Demon's Plan (FIRST RANKING!)
12. Amalgam of Distortion
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~

So Demon is also dead with Amalgam (Spring may have life...?)!

mdubs

Banned
Jump Issue 8# Rankings

1. My Hero Academia
2. Black Clover
3. Hinomaru Zumou
Haikyu!! (CP)
4. Kimetsu no Yaiba
6. Gintama
Spring Weapon No. 1 (CP)
Whim (One Shot)
9. Samon the Summoner
Ole Golazo

Time for acclaimed mangaka Naoshi Komi to make his grand return to the pages of Weekly Shonen Jump as the churn continues.

I don't like Demon's Plan anyways so I can't say I'm sad to see it go.

Also if they could go back in time, I bet Shueisha wishes that they had figured out how to get Ohba and Obata doing a WSJ series instead of Platinum End (which I think is fine, but I'd prefer a weekly).

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 23
The princess stole the precious thing. By this point, abject fear is the only sensible reaction to waking up and finding her in your bed. The demons are collectively too pure for her depravity.

THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Comic Anthology cool 04

Thats rock.

THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Comic Anthology cool 13

RIP Ranko.
Thanks for reminding me that these exist. There's been no movement on any of the 3 anthologies in the past 2 years, so I guess it's time to read them.

Kabe ni Mary.com 2

RIP economically. Spirits these days sure can be terrifying. The MC's response to banishing her was pretty refreshing (and justified), but no-one deserves to be put through the kind of traumatising pain she described.

Jump Issue 8# Rankings

1. My Hero Academia
2. Black Clover
3. Hinomaru Zumou
Haikyu!! (CP)
4. Kimetsu no Yaiba
6. Gintama
Spring Weapon No. 1 (CP)
Whim (One Shot)
9. Samon the Summoner
Ole Golazo

Amalgam of Distortion officially outlived Red Sprite not that I expect it to live much longer (someone said mc is fighting the final boss currently). I wonder if spring weapon is getting a cp before it climax or if jump is trying to give it second life because of its genre.

Convenience Store Siren (one-shot)

uQUI9ym.png

A hyper cute, hyper androphobic monster girl works at a convenience store, using the power of spatial reality warping gloves. Far shorter than its premise/heroine deserves - someone get her a cultural transfer to Monster Musume.

dani_dc

So after being in Japan for a while, I can now easily see why so many manga have Truck-kun killing someone.

If someone from Massachusetts is calling your country's driving bad, it's pretty fucking bad.

I've been here for a couple of years and I haven't gotten this feeling at all.
Maybe my home country is just made of savages, but here everyone seems to follow the rules.

Fancolors

Started Welcome to the Ballroom and got to the latest chapter. It's pretty good so far, my only concern so far is how this story will handle whatever future development in their relationships. Fujita's current partner is
Chinatsu
and she's the one who would make the most sense to go for if actual romance was to happen now, and yet I have a feeling
Shizuka
is the inevitable choice regardless. At very least we know
Chinatsu
is not going to be with him forever based on the first chapter.

I like the art too.

cover.jpg

👌👌👌

I also finished Oyasumi Punpun last weekend.

10/10 will never read it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom