• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS GUUUUYSSSS ITS BACK!!!11211

Hunter x Hunter - I love how they mentioned Netero went to the DC before but explained that what he was seeking wasn't there as I thought it would be disappointing that the former master of nen didn't tried to go there.

My memory of the previous chapters are a bit muddled but I am fairly sure it was said that the ant queen came from DC so I am wondering if she escaping into the human world was as a result of someone recently going to the DC, since it was kinda implied that each time you go there you bring back something.

Every time someone in the world states "Its Back!" for HxH, Togashi loses more of his tiny amount of will to continue on and instead regains the familiar, comforting feelings of wanting to lie down and play some more Dragon Quest~

Good i was just about to run out of tissue paper

Oh its you

Happy Wednesday :)
get back to your cave you Smut lover

Toriko
97rXjm3.jpg

And people say that Shimabukuro artstyle is bad mwahwahwahwahwah

I noticed that Zebra ditched the pink colour of his jacket and that he is no longer wearing camo pants

way better from before

Hunter X Hunter

One of the True Big 3 has returned.

And in usual Togashi style its just pure exposition.

Cool to see that its actually his son and this has been a plan for a long time. The pres always had some shit lined up apparently.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
the luffy/zoro dynamic...

way way back with whiskey peak, zoro tried to fight with luffy, but now, zoro seems fully settled in his spot as a subordinate. feeling his duty is to let luffy fight big boss dofla, he engages himself to fight the henchman pica. pica is not worth of his captain.

/drunk analysis

oda-san, get well, plz

and ya... the fujoshi's're gonna go crazy with law getting paired up with another guy

Hawkeye remarked that Zoro had finally found a reason other than his own personal ambition to get stronger. Zoro never had any problems protecting those around him, and the only failures he had ever experienced were of consequence only to himself. Even against Mr 3, Zoro was ready to free himself, vivi, and nami..... at the cost of his legs. It really wasn't until the Sabaody Archipelago that Zoro experienced the frightening realization that yes, he could lose, and yes, he could be powerless to protect his friends. And there were threats he had to face that were not mere obstacles for his swordmanship. He realized that if he failed, it wasn't because he wasn't a good enough swordsman. It was because he was weak.

Like Luffy, it humbled him.

Luffy is even more insane than Zoro, and Zoro understands that Luffy is a helluva lot more charismatic. All Zoro would do as a leader is antagonize everyone, including his own crewmates, probably.

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

Guess the endgame is starting. Ichigo looked like a complete boss. Still have to get used to him rocking a confident smirk though, not just the determined look. The way he was introduced against the 4 girls reminds me of when he arrived to save Rukia in Soul Society and just effortlessly disposed of the Lieutenants.

Naruto 676

I guess they just came out and said SHUT UP EVERYONE WHO IS NOT SASUKE AND NARUTO BECAUSE YOU SUCK AND ARE USELESS
The dreams were actually pretty neat. Gaara's dream lol
But did we seriously spend 6 months fighting this guy for him to be offed by the weakest Akatsuki who had like 5 lines in the whole series and then get Necron'd? I bet Madara will give them a fucking power up too.

Bleach 582

Hey look, it's like that time he beat up 4 vice-captains without trying. And now it's THAT time. Ok.

One Piece 749

945eda4af9.png

Dropping a bombshell and then two week hiatus. BUT FUCK THAT SPEAKING OF HIATUS

HIATU- HUNTER X HUNTER 341

So it would seem
the biggest threat of the Dark Continent is the natural conditions and not enemies, even though Chimaera Ants come from there? Maybe that means what people say about them being like the "Ants" of the DC is false and Mereum will really be the strongest character we see

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

ITS ME MADARA

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG MADARA

EVEN MY IMMEDIATE CLONES BOUGHT IT

Another day, another 6 Brynhildr chapters. I'll be gutted when we're all caught up, which'll be tomorrow at this rate.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 91-92
Enough shit has hit the fan that you'd now need a snowplough to dig it out. This latest suicide mission will doubtlessly add another corpse to the mix somewhere. I'm oddly curious whether the knife the MC's wielding is the same one that ends up in Neko's chest at the start of chp1, but for some reason I don't want to go back and check.

Naruto
After Six Paths' story, I was expecting Kaguya to eventually make a return as the ultimate evil, though I figured that her rebirth would be somehow related to the tree, the ten-tails, or the moon (i.e. Madara's jutsu inadvertently revives her), so her spirit being in Black Zetsu this whole time was surprising.

Wait, so like you want people to do a piece of art or...?

I'm somewhat interested if it's that.

Yeah. I'm Mockingbird from Fancy Poster-GAF - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441170

One of the things we do over at Fancy-Poster GAF is commission artists to create art print/posters for some of our favorite pop-culture properties. So far we've done 3.

Fancy Poster GAF Commission #1: Metal Gear Solid: Gray Fox by Ash Throp - http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/IMG_20140415_115859_364_zpsd81f7e19.jpg

Fancy Poster GAF Commission #2: Majo no Takkyūbin by Jasmin Darnell http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/kikialtcloseup_zpsfc12f975.jpg

Fancy Poster GAF Commission #3: Paprika by Hebitsukai - http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/IMG959114_zps2c83bfc5.jpg

And this is our current project, which I'm taking orders for now:

Unlike the first three commissions, the image isn't based on any particular anime/manga. It's an original piece by the artist.

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #4: 空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (Daydream Town Theory) by Hebitsukai

43533879_zpsd07dfb97.jpg

Hand-numbered, limited edition 17"x14" Screenprint using UV Cured Inks and a UV Curing machine. Estimated at $30.

How to buy online: Send me a PM to get on the sign-up list.

Currently it looks like it will be an edition of 25.

I worked with him previously on Golden Time as well - http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/500GoldenTime_2_2forweb_zpseb8e8a6f.jpg (has not been printed yet. might take a while).

After this he'll be doing Anohana and Toradora!

There will also be an upcoming commissioned piece with Craig Drake of Mikasa Ackerman in the Late Summer. He did these previously - http://24.media.tumblr.com/bda02d073c31ade6a5bea82568b04aa7/tumblr_mmesn350XP1r4gd13o1_1280.jpg & http://craigdrake.tumblr.com/post/82668043543/spike-24x36-silkscreen-hero-complex-gallery & http://craigdrake.tumblr.com/post/82658418168/ghost-24x36-very-limited-giclee-print-hero

For Aria, it will be the same as these, except I except the printing method will most likely be giclee since we won't have enough people to make it a screenprint or letterpress.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 93

http://i.imgur.com/1B4kJPB.png (spoilers)

Welp. That's my favourite page from the past 93 chapters. Kana just did what half the cast and a small army couldn't do, and she did it like a fucking boss. Only slight snag is that I suspect Mako is going to be one of those types that doesn't stay dead even when they're killed.

Oh, and unless
Hatsuna
respawns anytime soon I guess this settles the best girl debate.

Yeah I'm loving this Brynhildr flood. I'll have so much to read when the anime finishes.
I'm looking forward to checking out the anime eventually, but knowing me it won't be until sometime in 2015. Maybe the manga will've ended by then.

Zeroth

Naruto

There's some hilarity in the fact Madara got pierced by Obito/Black Zetsu twice now. Can't say I wasn't expecting Madara to be kicked by Kaguya, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to be like this. Also, laughed at Kakashi getting told, though Sasuke was absolutely right (and if Kakashi wasn't so careless this whole situation wouldn't happen in the first place, but eh).

Brynhildr

The Art of this posted in the thread has been bugging me for while and after checking the artist everything now make sense.

never knew the Elfen Lied author did something else other from Nononono lately

Pimpwerx

One piece was amazing this week. It reminds me of the classic chapters from enies lobby and the war, where so much crazy shit is going on. And that constant itch in have to see Zoro put in work. Looks like I wasd wrong. He is going to solo Pica. Who is Luffy going to fight if Law takes Mingo? The admiral? PEACE.

ElFly

Naruto

I always compared Naruto with Harry Potter at the start.

But this is like, around book 5, Sirius Black reveals he is evil and also in cahoots with MERLIN, you know, the legendary wizard of yore who built the wizengamot etc.

Around book 6 Voldemort turns out to be a pretty sweet dude who is p proud of his pupil Ron Wesley.

And then by the later half of book 7, Merlin is killed by a mysterious figure who wears a beard and has holes in his hands THE REAL EVIL GUY WAS JESUS CHRIST ALL THIS TIME.

And that still would make more sense than this chapter of Naruto.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 94

357262349dorf.jpg

You can break her body, but you can never break her drills.

These girls are too kind for their own good. Whether it's Kana vegetablising herself for the sake of others, or Neko taking a bullet, er, knife for the MC, they're among the last people who deserve this shit. Mako's display of regenhax at the end was the least surprising revelation this chapter.

Revo

Soul Cartel 145

2 trash and a real fight.

Ultimate Legend Kang Hae Hyo 46

Having to deal with the goody2shoes act is a bit annoying.

Stealth Symphony 13

That's a lot of gold coins.

Wiseblade

Hunter x Hunter 341 (Hell hath frozen over!)

So. Many. Words.

I may need to read the last chapter again to refresh myself on current events. So the Zodiac are going to persuade Ging to lead and expedition to the New World because the old chairman said so?

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 95-96

SmCZ44k.png

Oh. Well that explains that opening scene. A part of me's disappointed that it wasn't the MC and Neko having a conflict of interest, but the way things are it would've been damn difficult to write it around to that.

Anyway, Neko got a personality transplant, and on first impressions it seems to be an improvement. Looking forward to seeing her and her onee-chan blasting the shit out of each-other for the next few chapters.

Mortemis

Banned
One Piece

Fuck yes, it's Zoro vs Pika just like I predicted. And thank god Law snapped out of that and is after Dofla too. I'm not really hyped for another flashback though. Get well soon Oda.

Bleach

Are we finally heading to the climax of this arc? Or will Kubo extend this shit even more. Seeing as everyone wants to see more bankai's and Kubo doesn't seem to want to speed up we'll be seeing bleach for a long time.

Naruto

Lmao, Sasuke dropping truth bombs is the best shit we've had in a while. Too bad it got ruined by Kishi yet again changing the final antagonist. I wonder who will take the spot of final antag from Kaguya now, the ramen guy?

And I posted my hxh reactions over at the community thread if you want to see that.

AV Gokko 3

This hot springs trip is one of the most memorable. The water scene of anger at the beginning and what they would do everytime Kobe looked away...and then the room scene with Yonezawa, surprised Kobe could sleep through it all. Yonezawa had some good panels and lines.
tumblr_n6ax4vn73w1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Revo

Hunter x Hunter 341

So many words. Also all those twists.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 96

Also disappointed it wasn't his knife. Neko is less bluh than before but still bluh.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter 341 (Hell hath frozen over!)

So. Many. Words.

I may need to read the last chapter again to refresh myself on current events. So the Zodiac are going to persuade Ging to lead and expedition to the New World because the old chairman said so?
Ging isn't in the Zodiacs anymore, so they have no obligation to bring him. They want him just because he's Ging.

But yeah go back to the last chapter. I assumed everyone would do that because it's just one chapter and because it's been more than 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom