• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Real talk? I don't like the character designs.

Everything else has been fantastic. lol

The character designs/art looked awkward to me at first. Too Death Note-ish.

As the manga goes on, it gains its own style imo
Things that arrived today. Of series that will never end (thankfully)

I still need to get around to getting the Nisekoi manga. But I also want to buy more Ah My Goddess manga too.

Jintor

Genshiken Volume 10

It's also kind of weird how the socially akward Maradame have no problem interacting with Hato. Uhh.

Ouch. That had to hurt.
It sounds as a truth, maybe if his heart would have been broken by Saki after a failed confession, he could have moved on later and grown as a person, but his cowardice have him stuck on a safe otaku pattern.
I hope that, sometime in the future, after he moves on or find another girl, he can stay as friends with her. Apart from the obvious crush, I think they liked each other as strange friends. In fact now I understand now she went home early in the party with everyone else to not make it hard to Maradame.

Yeah, the way the Saki/Madarame relationship plays out is so interesting. I related a lot to Madarame when I was younger, because talking with girls is harddddddddddddddddd. Basically, wanting to maintain a comfortable equilibrium that doesn't hurt too bad is maybe one of the most relatable things I've seen in a manga.

Kieli

Yeah, the way the Saki/Madarame relationship plays out is so interesting. I related a lot to Madarame when I was younger, because talking with girls is harddddddddddddddddd.

What happens if you purposefully make things awkward. I sometimes do that, and things get pretty uncomfortable.

Kieli

Gunjou Gakusha - 15

It's been so long since the last update that I can't even remember what's happening. The princess has now reverse-captured her cousin? He doesn't seem like a bad guy, so she's kind of going for a low blow there.

eNahI3b.jpg

Infinite Stratos - Chifuyu-Nee Only: Forbidden Game 1

Would have been better if something happened.

If I'm reading big sis/little bro incest, I at least expect her to launch an attack on him.

Or maybe the other way around.

Not really picky.

So long as one of them, preferably the sister, is dominating. Then it's all good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches

Lol at that bittersweet alliance.
KuGsj.gif

Kuroko no Basuke 1-34

series is okay

some comedy, the sport strategy is semi weak though

the coach barely contributes

feels like one talent trumping another and then another

:/

still reading though the story may pick up after

Speaking of Bakuman, has their been any news on a new project or manga yet? Live Action doesn't count.

Why would there be a new manga for Bakuman?

The most either have done is move over to adapting a manga version for All You Need is Kill, and working with a shoujo manga author for a series in Young Jump (Robico & Ohba).

Kieli

Kuroko no Basuke 1-34

series is okay

some comedy, the sport strategy is semi weak though

the coach barely contributes

feels like one talent trumping another and then another

:/

still reading though the story may pick up after

I've seen .gifs of the anime here and there on Gaf. It seems I've been playing the game of basketball wrong wrong this entire time.

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria Vol.01

Kazuki Hoshino really likes his everyday life. Enters a transfer student, Aya Otonashi who transfers into his class and declares she'll break him. The only thing is that this isn't her first time transferring into the class. It's more like her 13,118th time.

Man, this was such a super interesting read. No, not super interesting, actually interesting to read. I found the whole mystery of why does everything keep repeating strong enough to make me want to keep reading and the characters all were pretty interesting especially our two main characters. Finding who the culprit is was very nicely done and I felt completely satisfied after finishing it.

Then I realized there are six total volumes and now I'm hyped.

I've seen .gifs of the anime here and there on Gaf. It seems I've been playing the game of basketball wrong wrong this entire time.

one power trumping another!

it has its moments... the manga isn't boring

but speaking on B-Ball alone it kinda weak and doesn't really follow most rules and strategies
you also don't feel the training progression

game... break... guy gets better... no explanation

heck EyeShield 21 had a more heavier connection to the sport then this.... and that was like a fictional POWER sport manga

hey what

do you have more info about this?

Anything Robico will be great.

In commemoration of its 35th anniversary, Shueisha's weekly manga magazine Young Jump will publish two one-shot collaboration manga between Young Jump or Shonen Jump artists and shoujo manga artists in its upcoming 23rd and 24th issues. The special project is titled "'JUMP' meets 'Girl' SPECIAL COMIC."

Tsugumi Ohba, who is best known as the story creator for the international bestseller series Death Note and Bakuman., collaborates with Robico (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun/My Little Monster) for Skip! Yamada-kun on the 23rd issue, which is scheduled to be published in Japan on May 8. This is Ohba's first collaboration work with a manga artist other than Takeshi Obata for the two series, and first work for Robico after Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun finished its serialization in January 2014. The manga focuses on a junior high school student Yamada, who hates bothersome things and wishes to live an easy life.

dumbyugi

Kazuki Hoshino really likes his everyday life. Enters a transfer student, Aya Otonashi who transfers into his class and declares she'll break him. The only thing is that this isn't her first time transferring into the class. It's more like her 13,118th time.

Man, this was such a super interesting read. No, not super interesting, actually interesting to read. I found the whole mystery of why does everything keep repeating strong enough to make me want to keep reading and the characters all were pretty interesting especially our two main characters. Finding who the culprit is was very nicely done and I felt completely satisfied after finishing it.

It's a really good series. Plus starting now means you didn't have to deal with the long hiatus.

kasane

it has its moments... the manga isn't boring

but speaking on B-Ball alone it kinda weak and doesn't really follow most rules and strategies
you also don't feel the training progression

game... break... guy gets better... no explanation

heck EyeShield 21 had a more heavier connection to the sport then this.... and that was like a fictional POWER sport manga
don't worry it gets more ridiculous
Why anyone would read Bakuman when Koimoku exists is beyond me.
are you serious? Koimoku was all sorts of terribad

Aizo

Banned
Musume no Iede 1

That escalated quickly. It's Takako Shimura's new manga but I don't know what to think of it yet, the translation was kinda of a mess.
I thought for sure that this was some weird, new smut. Huh.
Bakuman 1-5:
YO IMMA MARRY YO ASS LATER AFTER I DRAW SOME BULLSHIT AND IT GETS TO TV MAKING ME RICH OK COO
image.php

It's just so quotable! I see you get avatar quoted all the time in other threads, too. I had to join in on the fun.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
wait... So is Ohba writing the story then? I'm a little less hyped if it's exclusively him.

Lindbergh v1
That was a nice start, informative but not too overwhelming introduction of the setting and characters. The art is decent too so I'l stay on board with this.
This looks right up my alley. Thanks for the impressions.

Bakuman 1-5:
YO IMMA MARRY YO ASS LATER AFTER I DRAW SOME BULLSHIT AND IT GETS TO TV MAKING ME RICH OK COO
lol

I wish it was as good as you make it sound

Oh wow, they're actually translated.

Looks like I have a new bedtime story.

Jintor

hypehypehypehypehype. i'll check it out

Erigu

MU says it's from 2012, and in 2014 she published something new called Wagamama Chie-chan
Musume no Iede started as a one shot followed by a short series back in 2012 and just became a full-fledged series very recently, hence the confusion.
And yes, there would also be Wagamama Chie Chan.

Revo

UQ Holder 33

Aka bring in an old character to make the series slightly interesting. Still needs more Rakan.

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches 108

It isn't time for that.

The character designs/art looked awkward to me at first. Too Death Note.
I thought the artstyle was weird at first too. As it goes on it gains a bit more " character "? I guess
I'll trust GAF on this one, then. You all haven't failed me yet.
It's just so quotable! I see you get avatar quoted all the time in other threads, too. I had to join in on the fun.
Excellent avatar by paul
he did his mission
Damn straight I did~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom