• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
With naruto ending we wont be getting bday arts much anymore, I dont want the day to come :(
Bzmpzq1CIAAYiCj.png:large

dani_dc

Nisekoi 192

Tachibana magical disease being taunted.
She's still great. The alligator at school would be very silly, and Raku flying down the sky felt a bit out of place in the manga universe.
Marika did look rather cute at the end.

Hamsters taught Marika the full circle of life over night.

Chitoge looked cuter with this hair style, hope we see it more often.
Also would be fine seeing her deal with alligators in a regular basis.

Yen Press has Prison School. They also got Chaika manga and are reprinting Emma. There are some other announcements I don't care about as well :p

https://twitter.com/Kami_nomi this guy is covering the pannel

I never imagined Prison School would get localized, that's great, have to pick it up when it release.

Blood Lad Vol.05

We get the whole truth behind what happened in the past or at least some information for it and we're back with a new evil to wreck's everyone day.

Though I still am amused that their grand plan to save the day is to just read manga until they discover a grand plan to use.

Attack on Titan 62
Hell yes! This twist is why I love Attack on Titan. Going back to the titans is what I wanted to see. Can't wait to see just who is the Monkey Titan. So many questions and things to find out. I haven't been this excited since last year in August.

Ore Alice - Danjo Gyakuten 01

A normal guy and Alice switches body and now they have to escape Wonderland together.

Woo, another Alice series, though I guess the whole body switching is pretty amusing. Real Alice seems to be a pretty fun character, doesn't seem all that worried about things and just throwing weapons to deal with problems.

Of course it looks like we're gonna start having a swarm of pretty boys to woo New Alice.

manga brehs assemble

I'm in the mood to read something like Death Note or Liar Game with mind games, wits of battle, whatever you want to call them. Stuff where characters achieve their goals through schemes rather than hitting stuff with a fist. Preferably something where major characters die but it's not a necessity. You can also recommend moving manga (also known as *whisper* anime) but I have already watched Code Geass and if you recommend Guilty Crown I will contact a mod~

Zweizer

Banned
manga brehs assemble

I'm in the mood to read something like Death Note or Liar Game with mind games, wits of battle, whatever you want to call them. Stuff where characters achieve their goals through schemes rather than hitting stuff with a fist. Preferably something where major characters die but it's not a necessity. You can also recommend moving manga (also known as *whisper* anime) but I have already watched Code Geass and if you recommend Guilty Crown I will contact a mod~

Have you read Kaiji?

Stinky

manga brehs assemble

Kaiji

(watch the anime though)

Oh and Sanctuary to some extent.

manga brehs assemble

One Outs
Kamisama no Iutoori
Kurosagi

scy

manga brehs assemble

I'll just second / third / fourth / etc. the One Outs, Kaiji recommendations.

upandaway

manga brehs assemble

Domino Kick, an extreme battle of wits manga

Have you read Kaiji?

Kaiji

(watch the anime though)

Oh and Sanctuary to some extent.

One Outs
Kamisama no Iutoori
Kurosagi

I'll just second / third / fourth / etc. the One Outs, Kaiji recommendations.

Domino Kick, an extreme battle of wits manga

I knew I could count on my manga brehs
uLQOCAI.png

I've been meaning to check out Fukumoto's work. I never liked the art but if so many people are recommending it...

One Outs being by the Liar Game author and completed is definitely a plus, I put it on my list.

Sanctuary I've already read. One of my favourite manga.

Never heard of Kamisama no Iutoori or Kurosagi so I'll check out these two first.

upandaway actually made me look up Domino Kick
acFRUeG.png

Thanks a lot!

Revo

Suzuka impressions Part 1 inbound

Honoka go away, you're not needed anymore

See above.

Noooooo don't fall for him. You're especially too good for him!

God damn it Suzuka. You're not being tsun you're just being an asshole.

Of course you're not doing as well as you were, it's a completely new form.

'If I won I had planned to tell you' well you didn't win or even place so why are you saying this??? God damn it Yamato.

Oh boy Suzuka has run away. Since she was met by Honoka I expect some sort of confrontation.

Back to dead guy, I sure hope they get over this hump before the end of this 30 chapter block.

Finally a true confrontation. Too bad she runs away.

...Knave? Did she call him a Knave? And lol Yamato, kissing her like that. All the signs in this conversation were obviously pointing towards that. Just please.

First 10 chapters: So sad to see current best girl falling/fell for Yamato. And all the Honoka just to reconfirm that she'll build up self confidence again was zzzzz. Seeing Yamato fail was nice though. But more dead guy is always a negative.

Also completely lost my shit when she called him a Knave. Give this series a Comedy tag.

dramatis

manga brehs assemble

Nowadays it seems like all I recommend is Prison School, but
Prison School. Not even joking. It's Death Note with tits. And less death.

dani_dc

I'm a bit shocked that this didn't come up before, especially with the love the series gets around here.

It might not start that way, but it does get there.

Spoilers:

Hana vs Kiyoshi "battle" that ended in a kiss has some amazing mind play scenes.

Revo

Mob Psycho 100 69

Oh man Mob is fulfilling his dreams. And Reigen is back to square one without Mob to do the actual work.

Zweizer

Banned
I'm a bit shocked that this didn't come up before, especially with the love the series gets around here.

It might not start that way, but it does get there.

There are no deaths though, otherwise it'd be the first thing I'd recommend.

The snake wrasslin' chapters are probably the finest exploration of 3d space in a 2d format in recent years.

It truly transcends art and smut at the same time.

Kamisama no Iutoori Ch. 3

This seems to be mildly interesting. Not exactly fond of the shonen-like character behaviour but it reminds me of the Zero Escape games. Just with a higher kill-count. And more fucked up. First a daruma, now a maneki-neko, what will the author think of for the next game?
Pmz1EDQ.png

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
manga brehs assemble

Gankutsuo anime (it's count of monte cristo anime, so yeah, it's basically mindfuckery from beginning till end)

Hoshin Engi earlier part.

Jojo Bizarre adventure for several battle.

bigkrev

Confession: I know I would love Prison School, but don't read it because when I first heard the title I was thinking something along the lines of Oz, and was heartbroken when it wasn't anything like that

Spirit Circle 28

Man, at the end of every chapter I keep thinking my iPad glitched out and won't go one more page

That said, shit is getting real

Revo

Suzuka impressions part deux: Suzuka harder

That's certainly a place to go together with him.

Oh snap that's basically a confession. Also dark skinned girl worst girl again, why would she say that. And oh my are they basically going out?

So they are. And holy shit she's being reasonable???? The biggest surprise of the manga.

So Honoka is gonna be an idol eh. More relevancy than glum glum at least. Maybe I might even warm up to seeing her in chapters again!

God damn it Yamato. Also so close for Suzuka to be dumb again and complain about Yamato doing this for her.

At least Honoka seems happier now.

Poor Hashiba, having to have met Yamato.

Why would Yamato know what to do in her hometown? God damn it Suzuka. I don't care if you think it's the boyfriend's job to know where to go it's your god damn hometown. Neither do I care if that's how she is with people she likes it's so annoying.

At least she stepped up. Quite a repeat of what happened with Yamato. Not too bad of an ending.

Also go away you, don't care for you either.

Compared to some other chapters, quite a tame set of 10. Despite being annoyed at 78 it was only really a minor annoyance. I'd be surprised if they stay together for the rest of the manga. Hopefully the next 10 are also relatively calm.

The sequel is gonna be released on Oct 16, so yeah.

Also gotta give me that full impression man.

I thought it would be a triller when I came in

there are some dark stuff but I never expected to see the rough life of the Ghouls

lots of grey

I am likely going to look back at key points and write up a review here

bjork

I'm looking at one called Nanika Mochigatte Masuka, and I feel like the concept is a little too similar to Destroy and Revolution, at least the beginning. No idea if this will get as strange as D&R, but I wonder who was out first?

Zweizer

Banned
I'm looking at one called Nanika Mochigatte Masuka, and I feel like the concept is a little too similar to Destroy and Revolution, at least the beginning. No idea if this will get as strange as D&R, but I wonder who was out first?

A quick look on MU tells me that Nanika was out 2 years before Destroy and Revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom