• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 27

izO6PVOl.jpg

A mask is only to hide the doki doki.

They were probably clinging to the sheer chance that Mashima had an elaborate explanation just under his sleeve.
I'm guilty of this. I thought, "there is no way Hiro could possibly let this happen." How wrong I was.

One Punch Man 37.5
Short chapter but man, the art is great. I love to stop and just appreciate good art since I can't draw to save my life. Looking forward to the next one.

TLRD 48

What better way to mark the revitalisation of the harem plan than by adding the mother to the mix?

Well ants are known to be powerful in contrast to their size, and you do not want to The worst pain known to fuck with a dinoponera.

http://youtu.be/it0V7xv9qu0

This is what happens when you get bitten by the paraponera (charmingly known as the bullet ant).

The dinoponera is supposed to be way worse.
I'm fine with her ATK stat (I saw the video of that British guy who was mentioned last chapter), it's getting an oversized foot in the face followed by ATATATATATATA and then being all 'Wow, you nearly hit me!' that's making my brain itch.

upandaway

I'm back.

Only 22 more togashi days to go
Oh crap I forgot I can change out now.

Tonari no Seki-kun 60

Shooting rubber bands is one of those skills that I was never able to acquire despite long, long hours of practice. It's completely alien to me, I don't get it.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 1

L5ai7bP.jpg

So I watched the first episode of the anime of this earlier and was really impressed. School life, music, romance... it's basically pandering to me. the animation was gorgeous too.

Arima Kousei was a music prodigy, amazing at the piano until he quit after the death of his mother. His mother was the reason he played the piano. She could no longer play due to her sickness, so she pushed Kousei to become famous in her stead. After she died though, he stopped.

He has an adorable childhood friend/next door neighbour named Tsubaki, an aspiring baseball ace, who obviously has a crush on him but will lose because :lol childhood friend:

His other main friend is Watari, a player, and is the setup for him meeting the girl that will turn his life around.

She's... pretty great:

Her name is Miyazono Kaori. She's also a musical prodigy, although she's a violinist. Beautiful, eccentric and talented. Apparently has a crush on Watari, which is how Kousei and her met (double date/Kousei helping Tsubaki not feel awkward and a third wheel as she introduced them)

The manga's art style is nice, although not quite as beautiful as the anime's honestly. The OP for the anime is wonderful. As it should be for a music anime.

This is so my thing.

Join me ^_^

L5ai7bP.jpg

So I watched the first episode of the anime of this earlier and was really impressed. School life, music, romance... it's basically pandering to me. the animation was gorgeous too.

Arima Kousei was a music prodigy, amazing at the piano until he quit after the death of his mother. His mother was the reason he played the piano. She could no longer play due to her sickness, so she pushed Kousei to become famous in her stead. After she died though, he stopped.

He has an adorable childhood friend/next door neighbour named Tsubaki, an aspiring baseball ace, who obviously has a crush on him but will lose because :lol childhood friend:

His other main friend is Watari, a player, and is the setup for him meeting the girl that will turn his life around.

She's... pretty great:

Her name is Miyazono Kaori. She's also a musical prodigy, although she's a violinist. Beautiful, eccentric and talented. Apparently has a crush on Watari, which is how Kousei and her met (double date/Kousei helping Tsubaki not feel awkward and a third wheel as she introduced them)

The manga's art style is nice, although not quite as beautiful as the anime's honestly. The OP for the anime is wonderful. As it should be for a music anime.

This is so my thing.

Join me ^_^

I would but love triangles aren't my thing :)

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 4

jeez, this manga is so damn good

Kaori's adorable, and with the help of Tsubaki's... unique methods, they've managed to convince Kousei to accompany Kaori.

Her pressing the button to stop at the hospital is ominous though.

_hekk05

Banned
Thanks for the warm welcome back guys

So have you found any interesting smut this past month, hekk? ( ´ 3`)~♪

Nah. I had like a million
seven
tests. I'm so tired I can sleep through a tornado

Also having severe buyer's remorse for my shadow of mordor + season pass purchase (it was brazil price) and backlit cherry mx brown mechanical keyboard

I guess I'll go read nisekoi or something

seven

Also having severe buyer's remorse for my shadow of mordor + season pass purchase (it was brazil price) and backlit cherry mx brown mechanical keyboard

read Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

seven

Welcome back and let this be a reminder to be careful over gaming side :p

Shuukan Shounen Girl 06

Maybe having your hair choose your lover isn't a good idea.

Shuukan Shounen Girl 07

The screw in my heart went all DOKI DOKI

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 17 (caught up)

probably my favourite ongoing manga now.

It's incredible. The art, the story, the characters...

just the way the music and how they play is presented. It's all incredible. I want more.

Quixzlizx

She's... pretty great:

This is so my thing.

Join me ^_^

I don't need to join you... you just joined me.

so is tokyo ghoul any gud

It's really great. The series has amazing character development, symbolism, and foreshadowing. It doesn't contain stupid cliches, fanservice, and asspulls. And it's a great time to read it since the sequel Tokyo Ghoul:Re is out already. The artwork also drastically improves considering this is the Authors first published series. So go ahead and read it

It's really great. The series has amazing character development, symbolism, and foreshadowing. It doesn't contain stupid cliches, fanservice, and asspulls. And it's a great time to read it since the sequel Tokyo Ghoul:Re is out already. The artwork also drastically improves considering this is the Authors first published series. So go ahead and read it

dude sweet. i've been needing to read more manga lately and it seems like a good start.

Quixzlizx

Girls of the Wild's 158

Uh oh, Jaegu is about to get his ass kicked in front of Queen. I'm not sure whether that'll lower her opinion of him or send her into a berserker rage.

TLRD 48

I'm looking forward to all of the lewd Mea shapeshifting scenes. I like her~

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 45

"His ice cream face is her love's trigger!" - Well, that pretty much sums it up. So hysterical/adorable.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Tokyo Ghoul:Re PV

http://youtu.be/3_1aEI2NhM8
Hmmm that's definitely Kaneki no doubt about it. Anyways I really did love this PV for the sequel manga.

Also forgot to mention it seems Season 2 of the Anime will be a anime original written by Ishida from his orginal drafts of the manga.

http://youtu.be/yRr10QYQCU4

Kaneki in Koukuria Prison everybody. I really would have not guessed this.

Is the anime gonna diverge from the manga? I honestly think there is gonna be some third manga describing what happened to Kaneki after the time skip.

Also, that manga chapter. I honestly think it is Kaneki, would explain why his hair is white near the bottom. The CCG might have found a serum to suppress half-ghouls urges since now they are much more abundant in the manga.

One Piece 763

Yes, everyone has a tragic backstory.

I love this, Don Flamingo's mania is finally explained.

They got Prison School though!

Yen Press is seriously bringing it to America?!?!

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 4

jeez, this manga is so damn good

Kaori's adorable, and with the help of Tsubaki's... unique methods, they've managed to convince Kousei to accompany Kaori.

Her pressing the button to stop at the hospital is ominous though.

I feel like I'll cry if I read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom