• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Dark Soma is going to win but I wish it was Akira.

He makes cooking very sensual and the art is better for it. Haven't really seen Ryou cooking art be that good.

Zweizer

Banned
Not a fan of Fate?

To be fair, the quality of the story and writing tends to approach amateur fanfiction levels.

Bit hard to watch just the action scenes.

I just want more people reading Watashi wa!

Well, sure, if you have the time to watch everything you could do so, especially if it's for a good cause such as making more people reading Jitsu wa Watashi wa. There are some nice moments outside of the actions scenes as well. Such as those:

You cant just skip Waver and Rider. Their moments were really good.

Soma

Koi to Uso 1-9

so basically

boy has liked girl for a long time

girl has secretly liked him back the entire time

weird circumstances prevent them from being together

guy is forced to have (kinda/sorta) "pretend" relationship with newly introduced abrasive blonde girl

GEE WHERE HAVE I HEARD THIS BEFORE

(at least the guy and his crush managed to make out before the whole thing went down tho)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Suzuka98-120
Yamato taking parttime job at Yui's place to buy computer. Yamato and suzuka still a bad couple. they break up, yui made a move on yamato. Yamato become captain. seriously, yamato suck

@metroid
wlelcome to dowman sayman world :D

@dani_dc
fate zero is good. not without flaw, but the action scene is great, and you get to see the best Rider in fate universe

Kieli

But Fate/Zero is really good. I just started reading Jitsu wa.

I don't like Jitsu wa.

I don't like the MC. And the girl is too idealized. Like, perfect waifu and all.

It's... the MC needs to become more GAR. Like GARcher. Or Guts.

Then I'll respect him and he can have waifu.

Shengar

Shokugeki no Soma - 90

Another amazing color page
img000002.jpg

And the superior Nakiri come to save our hero from the inferior Nakiri
img000012.png

Silver Spoon - 106

Hachiken's Father running gag being scary never gets old

Yeah this is really a funny chapter

Zweizer

Banned
Banana Bread Pudding by Ooshima Yumiko

This is an odd one. On one hand it touches upon subjects such as ostracization of same-sex relationships and domestic abuse. On the other hand the way they're depicted felt rather off, probably due to the eccentric way some of the characters act, in particular the heroine. A pretty wacky parody of a shoujo.

dani_dc

Hm, thanks for the opinions, sounds like it's worth to check it out, if nothing else for the action scenes.

Friend was arguing that the writing issue doesn't apply to Fate/Zero and that the biggest issues are in the route that's not covered in the current anime, so I suppose I'll see how bad those are by myself.

Plus he's willing to check another manga if I actually watch both series, so that's a nice chance to get him to read Hinamatsuri as well.

So I think I'm biting on the deal. Lets hope I don't regret it.

Zweizer

Banned
Try to push for a third one, since it takes far more time to watch the Fate series than reading the mangas. Nickelodeon for example.

How are you liking it?

I don't like Jitsu wa.

I don't like the MC. And the girl is too idealized. Like, perfect waifu and all.

It's... the MC needs to become more GAR. Like GARcher. Or Guts.

Then I'll respect him and he can have waifu.

I've read the first 10 chapters and it's pretty cute. The quirks make up for some of the more stereotypical stuff... was disappointed when the harem-ness became apparent. I would have been fine just reading about them being adorable together :p

Zweizer

Banned
I've read the first 10 chapters and it's pretty cute. The quirks make up for some of the more stereotypical stuff... was disappointed when the harem-ness became apparent. I would have been fine just reading about them being adorable together :p

It gets wackier. And better. And cuter.

Shengar

To those who read Kingdom
How do you think both Mouten and Ouhon started their military career? I mean, does both of them started as 300-men commander directly or as 100-men first?

Revo

I imagine they simply climbed the chain faster due to upbringing and such. Probably didn't take too much time between 100 and 300

Zweizer

Banned
To those who read Kingdom
How do you think both Mouten and Ouhon started their military career? I mean, does both of them started as 300-men commander directly or as 100-men first?

Probably as 100-men commander, though considering how cohesive they were when they had 300-men units they might have been granted the position and these men right from the start.

One thing's for sure: these scrubs sure as hell didn't start in a 5-men squad. The pansies.

Shengar

But, is it possible for them, the son of renowned general started straight up as 5-men captain? I imagined their directly began their military career as 100-men commander at the very least because of their father reputation.

Revo

iunno, i feel like even if it was a small amount of time they would want to make sure they could actually do it instead of giving them so many people

and since they immediately showed how apt they were they skipped up a lot of ranks.

Zweizer

Banned
It's also worth noting that they had actual training in military academies and such, where they would have picked up the bases of commandment without having to resort to climbing up the ranks from the very bottom.

dani_dc

Try to push for a third one, since it takes far more time to watch the Fate series than reading the mangas. Nickelodeon for example.

And done, Mangaf deals a good hand.

Now he's teasing me that he was going to propose me an even better deal but he'll save it for next time he wants me to watch something.

Keep reading. As you said it's not very long, and some of the greatest stories told by Dowman Sayman are featured in it.

Yeah, without really going through the manga to find other examples, I recall that Ch. 38 was pretty great and hit all the right spots it was trying to.

Revo

Suzuka 91-120 (Obv spoilers here)

In the first few chapters Hashiba asks why Yamato and Suzuka have so many problems. Well the answer is obvious, they never god damn talk to each other about their feelings, problems, or things going on in their life. You seriously don't tell your boyfriend about going to America? You don't tell him you're going home for the last month? But you tell all your other friends and tell them to not tell him? Fuck that, whatever reasoning there is.

And I was honestly surprised Suzuka was so levelheaded about him working with Yui. But even that turned into a shitfest as unsurprisingly, Yamato started failing in track and that caused more relationship cracks that Suzuka refused to talk about. But god damn Yamato, how do you forget her birthday? Geeze. Not to mention how everytime something bad is happening between them, he goes for a kiss. Are kisses the magical fixall for relationships? Did I miss the memo?

Ahh, Yui. You seemed so nice. I'm completely fine with you wanting them broken up, you should want them broken up. I don't like that you tried to take advantage of his despair with your body, should have just stuck to the festival. And then you wouldn't have had that really terrible falling out. I doubt I'll see you until at the end so I'll look forward to that appearance.

And then there's Honoka. Glad to see she's doing good without Yamato in her life. And she's even become a good influence on his life. Now all you have to do is stay away from him and you'll live a happy life!

I'm glad that Yamato is actually examining his life now that Suzuka is gone. Realizing he actually likes track so he decides to do more with it. Good for you Yamato. Even you deserve some form of non-relationship happiness.

Hashiba still a bro as always. Just never develop any more feels for Yamato and you're golden.

The worst part of this set was easily the fact that everything could have been fixed/handled better with talking (as per romance in manga in general). Not all that rage inducing this set since this is a common thing in series. Actually, real worst part was not wanting to do it. But I got over it and did it so woop.

Bitter Change 15

After the shocking ending from last chapter, it's a bit of a shame to see things back to the status quo. Well, a step at a time I guess.

dani_dc

But god damn Yamato, how do you forget her birthday? Geeze.

He didn't just forget her birthday, he forgot it for weeks until she took him out during his birthday. That's an entire different level of incompetence.

Geeze. Not to mention how everytime something bad is happening between them, he goes for a kiss. Are kisses the magical fixall for relationships? Did I miss the memo?

Worked to get them dating!

Ahh, Yui. You seemed so nice. I'm completely fine with you wanting them broken up, you should want them broken up. I don't like that you tried to take advantage of his despair with your body, should have just stuck to the festival. And then you wouldn't have had that really terrible falling out. I doubt I'll see you until at the end so I'll look forward to that appearance.

I don't think Yui tried to "take advantages" as much as she thought she was comforting him, she just went at it in the worst way possible.
But yeah, Yui had already took him to a date knowing he had a girlfriend, she was always someone that came off as nicer than her actions. Mostly because she's actually relatable unlike most of the cast.

Revo

I don't think Yui tried to "take advantages" as much as she thought she was comforting him, she just went at it in the worst way possible.
But yeah, Yui had already took him to a date knowing he had a girlfriend, she was always someone that came off as nicer than her actions. Mostly because she's actually relatable unlike most of the cast.

Well, not as much, but I'm sure she was still aware of what she was doing.

Yeah so I originally planned this for me to do a reaction/response at the end of each volume but starting from volume 5 I just couldn't stop, so yeah my review for the entire manga series!

N.H.K. ni Youkoso! - Series Review

Well since I never actually done a series review for a manga before this will undoubtedly be shorter than the anime counterpart I've done.

I've enjoyed the hell out of this manga, then again I enjoy dark and depressing stuff; N.H.K. doesn't hold back in taking up your feelings and smashing them against the wall repeatedly. That's not to say the manga didn't end on a positive note, just that that journey up to that point was filled with many hurdles (and enjoyable).

Speaking of the ending, it seems that N.H.K. is cursed, even in manga form, in being unable to end on a satisfactory note. It was abrupt and I had to retreat a couple pages up to that point to take in what just happened. But even in its abrupt conclusion, atleast it was open-ended which I suppose what was intended.

But the big question, I suppose, is whether the manga is better than the anime? Kind of a tough one as even though they share the same name they are two completely different beasts; the manga is definitely darker (and longer) than the anime and Misaki is essentially a completely different character. I would say that I prefer the manga much more as the pacing with the main plot and romance was done exceptionally (even if it came to an abrupt end) and characters (especially Misaki) are focused upon more.

Overall a great manga series and am glad I was curious enough to give it a go.

Kieli

So I just spent the last half hour imagining what happens if a character like Guts is teleported in different harem mangus.

Good stuff.

Asanaga Fuugetsu, Shodouka Desu. 1
We need more calligraphers in manga, Asanaga is too attractive. Actually many of the characters are too because of the authors attention to detail to their hair.

Negativity of Asanaga may be an annoying point in the future, but at least the people around him seem like they will keep him straight.

Revo

Banana Bread Pudding 1-5 (end)

That was quite weird. But enjoyable. I enjoyed reading this. Even if it was really short. I would have liked to read more of this. Maybe. Or maybe I would go crazy.

Tengu>Gundam>Banana>No.5>Munou so far for things I haven't read.

Colorful Line 0 Prologue
B0R4aWTCYAAb3F2.png

Friends confessing to one another and becoming lovers is always a good storyline, and even though its done multiple times the scenes just never get tiring. I love how often times it can make for awkward confrontations and one in the relationship runs from the other so they dont have to go through those feelings again to confront say a random kiss or confession that happened out of nowhere.

Loved Shous and Tomoki's alot, and their hugging after the tears made me chuckle and feel all warm. They are perfect for each other.

Nickelodeon END

Uh
I don't really know how to feel about this one, but a lot of the stories were pretty what the fuck. Especially the one about the village inside the girls stomach.
It was okay? Or not for me? I still read it all though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom