• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach

I'm not sure I understand what the deal is here with Ywach continuing to murder his own men for no reason. Checks out, at least on the "okay he's evil" scale.

The thing I don't get was why he had to stop everything to do it. When Aizen wanted a fucker dead he just did it, he didn't need to stop everything to do it. He just stabbed the dude in the chest or cut 'em in half or whatever he felt like doing.

Ywach calls everyone back, makes a whole big thing out of having his #1 or whatever killing these fools. Just pop out and stab them, not like anyone can touch him anyway since he's still got the baddest bankai of all time.

I suppose we have to stall for time so Ichigo can get there though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How is it rude to post spoilers in a thread where it's explicitly stated they're allowed as soon as something has a translation?

I suppose there isn't, it just seems nice to give people a chance to go look for it when they see the bolded title. I don't know man, if you don't get that, you don't. There's no purpose in getting bent out of shape over it, we went over this like 10 thousand times when FMA scans would come out.

Bleach
I really should just wait for MS to post their translations. This chapter didn't make complete sense to me, with the scales tilting nonsense. Whatever. Just passing the time until Ichigo gets his slow ass to the battlefield and starts the Hueco Mundo-style string of boss fights. PEACE.

It actually made sense. Hashwalth´s power have to do with balance, when Cang Du got lucky twice it the tipped the balance heavily. Everytime there´s luck there should be misfortune to keep the balance in check. At least that´s how i see it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The thing I don't get was why he had to stop everything to do it. When Aizen wanted a fucker dead he just did it, he didn't need to stop everything to do it. He just stabbed the dude in the chest or cut 'em in half or whatever he felt like doing.

Ywach calls everyone back, makes a whole big thing out of having his #1 or whatever killing these fools. Just pop out and stab them, not like anyone can touch him anyway since he's still got the baddest bankai of all time.

I doubt there's an actual point other than proving Ywach is a huge dick. Its a pretty standard way of showing someone is evul, despite the fact that all of these guys clearly haven't "outlived their usefulness."

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness

It actually made sense. Hashwalth´s power have to do with balance, when Cang Du got lucky twice it the tipped the balance heavily. Everytime there´s luck there should be misfortune to keep the balance in check. At least that´s how i see it.

Well damn thats another broken ability right there. Might explain how he broke Ichigo's bankai blade in one hit.

Than why did Madara only used Kurama to try and defeat Hashirama and not all the bijuu? Sasuke subdued Kurama inside Naruto. Kurama identified the Uchiha chakra. There is a connection between Kurama and the Uchiha. It was stated in the manga that Hashirama can control the 8 biju´s chakra. The Uchiha can control the Kyuubi.

Probably because it's hard/impossible to mind control more than one giant monster at the same time,(Uchiha genjutsu generally only works on one opponent at a time and even Obito had a set time he could control Kurama) the other villages had the bijuu already, he couldn't just find them, and most likely a combination of all 3.

Hashirama subdues and suppresses chakra in general, of course giant living masses of the stuff would be pets to him.

I don't think we've ever seen a situation where an Uchiha has even had the opportunity to try and control a wild tailed beast.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I doubt there's an actual point other than proving Ywach is a huge dick. Its a pretty standard way of showing someone is evul, despite the fact that all of these guys clearly haven't "outlived their usefulness."

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness

No I get the point, it just seems like the most obvious "hey lets have a cut in the action so the MC can show up and save the day," we've seen since Vegeta decided to wait for Goku to show up. The guy can clearly communicate with everyone so there was no need to get them all together for this other than to waste time and remind us he's a dick.

Angry Grimace

No I get the point, it just seems like the most obvious "hey lets have a cut in the action so the MC can show up and save the day," we've seen since Vegeta decided to wait for Goku to show up. The guy can clearly communicate with everyone so there was no need to get them all together for this other than to waste time and remind us he's a dick.

I think we can all agree it's hack villian writing. Well okay, one of us probably doesn't agree.

Probably because it's hard/impossible to mind control more than one giant monster at the same time,(Uchiha genjutsu generally only works on one opponent at a time and even Obito had a set time he could control Kurama) the other villages had the bijuu already, he couldn't just find them, and most likely a combination of all 3.

Hashirama subdues and suppresses chakra in general, of course giant living masses of the stuff would be pets to him.

I don't think we've ever seen a situation where an Uchiha has even had the opportunity to try and control a wild tailed beast.

Obito controlled Kurama and fought Minato.

Angry Grimace

How did DTL read Yamada already anyways, it still says like 8 hours for me.

Sai

There is a connection between Kurama and the Uchiha. It was stated in the manga that Hashirama can control the 8 biju´s chakra. The Uchiha can control the Kyuubi.
Hashirama's Mokuton can suppress the chakra of all nine of the Bijuu. Madara's ocular powers allowed him to cast Genjutsu strong enough to subjugate all nine of the BIjuu.

There's no unique link between the Uchiha and the Kyuubi specifically. Kurama's the most prominent example because he's the mightiest of them(and the one Madara specifically chose to control, and force a summoning contract with). Obito also controlled the Gobi's actions with Sharingan Genjutsu.

Nordicus

Incredible manga. It doesn't get enough love. I really really want to own all the volumes someday.
It really doesn't seem to get enough love for a series with a 1000+ chapters.

It lacks this wide audience that would read/watch it casually. I might be oversimplifying, but either you love the series, don't know it exists, or go "Boxing? Boring" without even taking a look at it

Ratman 47-52
I forgot about this series for a while. Seems the plot is picking up pace. Wow. He doesn't care about his secret identity anymore. He just revealed it to 3 practically one right after another. Sin looks interesting and its sort of cool that Shiningman isn't as perfect as they portray him in the beginning. I like that its now looking at Shiningman's origin story

Hajime no Ippo

I haven't felt this excited about a Makunouchi match in ages. Thinking about 4 other boxers at the same time is crazy but such a Kamogawa thing to punch into Ippo :lol Obviously that won't be enough to get Gonzales though.

Naruto

I... uh...hm.

wonzo

Banned
Koimoku 14-20 END
koimoku20.png

This could've used an extra volume to fill in some of the blanks left open from the somewhat rushed ending but I really liked how this all came together. The characters were interesting, the cynical take on the manga industry was refreshing, the sheer sense of despair on everyones faces when even the tiniest thing went wrong was entertaining as hell, the smut was A+++++, and most importantly the best girl actually won for once.

Damn good manga.

Madao

Bleach

at this rate, this whole war is gonna be over fast. it seems only the upper letters of the Stern Ritter are going to have some sort of longer fight (and by upper i mean the A,B,C since E got her ass destroyed by Komamura)
if Haschwalth's power gets stronger to balance things, i wonder how the power would react when things are equal.

Naruto

obito got robbed at the every end. no one's going to be sad for him. i suppose Madara's Edo Tensei had an upper strength limit and that's why Madara says he can use his tru power now. anyone remember how the Edo Tensei Hokages in part 1 were weaker than the real deal? the technique probably still has a limit once the resurrected person reaches certain power level.

Nordicus

Koimoku 14-20 END

the cynical take on the manga industry was refreshing, the sheer sense of despair on everyones faces when even the tiniest thing went wrong was entertaining as hell
I disliked how plain evil the author made the more committee-based manga creation process look.

"Please Dall-Young Lim, tell us how you really feel" is what I wanted to say. Then again, shit flows downhill

Cerity

Ghost Hunt
Rather enjoyed the anime so checked out the manga. The anime didn't cover everything so the manga continued onto finish off. First few volumes were more or less the same but at about volume 8 or so is when it broke off. The last arc was pretty disappointing too, felt entirely rushed.
The whole development of eugene/oliver was obviously planned from the beginning and came as a nice surprise but doing it all in a single volume rushed it far too much given the strength of the previous arcs.
Definitely would recommend if you're chasing some horror/mystery, there are some very nicely done cases, just skip the few page explanations. The anime pulls off the high tension scenes better though.

Naruto 656
I think I'll drop the series off here, with the whole madara affair now I'm expecting another 20-30 chapters before we're done with it.

bjork

So Madara is mortal again? Someone will at least attempt the death seal thing before this out.

I still want the big bad to be Orochimaru but I guess it's too late for that now. Unless he takes Sasuke's body somehow after this is over?

LeleSocho

Banned
Naruto
Madara is happy to be weaker than before and cockblocked Jiraya's resurrection... i don't know how it can be considered good.

daveo42

Banned
Bleach

Next to nothing really happened except some people showed up and a few inconsequential quincies died.

Naruto
Madara is happy to be weaker than before and cockblocked Jiraya's resurrection... i don't know how it can be considered good.

He's now the Sage of the Six Paths, at least that's what I'm assuming is what happened when he took over and regained his life. So he gets even more power and whatnot to do as he pleases.

This arc is going to go on for another six months two years...

Stulaw

Just watch one of Naruto's eye be cut out, only to be replaced with Obito's rinnegan, and then once everything's all said and done, he'll bring everyone back to life, miraculously surviving bacause he's a host.

LeleSocho

Banned
Bleach

Next to nothing really happened except some people showed up and a few inconsequential quincies died.

He's now the Sage of the Six Paths, at least that's what I'm assuming is what happened when he took over and regained his life. So he gets even more power and whatnot to do as he pleases.

This arc is going to go on for another six months two years...

Yeah but now he's mortal and can actually die.... dunno i would have preferred to be an Edo Tensei and have found a way to kill/imprison everyone with it.

Naruto

Fuck this series, just let the pain end

Bleach

Man I still have two perfectly strong warriors here , guess I'd better kill them to set an example -.-

daveo42

Banned
Yeah but now he's mortal and can actually die.... dunno i would have preferred to be an Edo Tensei and have found a way to kill/imprison everyone with it.

No reason to have Madara be the big bad if you can't kill him, since that's how he's being portrayed. At least, that's the assumption I have as to why we're moving in this direction. Sealing him would mean Madara got off easy or something...

bjork

No reason to have Madara be the big bad if you can't kill him, since that's how he's being portrayed. At least, that's the assumption I have as to why we're moving in this direction. Sealing him would mean Madara got off easy or something...

Unless the first hokage also attains mortality somehow and seals him, so they go into the afterworld together, forever bonded as friends or whatever.

daveo42

Banned
But Pain is already dead D:

I was talking from the Madara point of view.

But his point of view doesn't matter at all because he's the bad guy.
Please read this as if I were Kishimoto. I'm sure this is what he thinks.

The only other exception I can see is that Madara is so focused on being revived and destroying all of the nations of the world that he is forgetting that being mortal means he can be killed.

LeleSocho

Banned
But his point of view doesn't matter at all because he's the bad guy.
Please read this as if I were Kishimoto. I'm sure this is what he thinks.

The only other exception I can see is that Madara is so focused on being revived and destroying all of the nations of the world that he is forgetting that being mortal means he can be killed.

What i was saying is: do not think of it as a world of fiction where the bad guy has to die one way or another just because he's bad, think as if it was the real world and you were Madara... i would say fuck that mortal body let me kill/imprison you with my Edo Tensei+Sharingan/Rinnegan mojo then i can do whatever i want.

I mean i don't think it would be that hard for Madara to do super powerful genjutsu able to trap 90% of the people there and then dealing with the others one by one.

daveo42

Banned
What i was saying is: do not think of it as a world of fiction where the bad guy has to die one way or another just because he's bad, think as if it was the real world and you were Madara... i would say fuck that mortal body let me kill/imprison you with my Edo Tensei+Sharingan/Rinnegan mojo then i can do whatever i want.

I mean i don't think it would be that hard for Madara to do super powerful genjutsu able to trap 90% of the people there and then dealing with the others one by one.

Ah, yeah I get you now.

Kyuur

Naruto

I literally facepalmed when I saw that Obito was about to pull a Nagato. Praise Madara!

I don't really see how Madara stands a chance, unless he has some way of cancelling the Edo Tensei.

GManDH

Naruto

I literally facepalmed when I saw that Obito was about to pull a Nagato. Praise Madara!

I don't really see how Madara stands a chance, unless he has some way of cancelling the Edo Tensei.

he regained all his power plus the rinngeagan. The other people are the one that need help, not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom