• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
ONE PIECE is really fond of almost-naked girls, huh.

lol If we were to rank the big shonen series by fanservice it would go like this.'

1. Fairy Tail
2. One Piece
3. Bleach
4. Naruto
5. HxH

Togashi can't draw females for shit for some reason. Boton was the cutest girl he made imo and she wasn't exactly eye candy. Maybe he doesn't want to?

lol If we were to rank the big shonen series by fanservice it would go like this.'

1. Fairy Tail
2. One Piece
3. Bleach
4. Naruto
5. HxH

Togashi can't draw females for shit for some reason. Boton was the cutest girl he made imo and she wasn't exactly eye candy. Maybe he doesn't want to?

To be fair I can't think of many characters Togashi has intentionally tried to make sexy for fan service, his female characters generally seem to be in the story to be actual characters.

ONE PIECE is really fond of almost-naked girls, huh.

Then...
Nami_Anime_Pre_Timeskip_Infobox.png

Now...
Nami_Anime_Post_Timeskip_Infobox.png

Freely!

Smiling Rin, crying Rin, blushing Rin, so much Rin this was really good. And unlike a few of the others ones, just plain happy all around never failing to make me smile. I hope we get even more events in 2014 so we can keep getting more and more materials. My favorite fandom.

Soul Cartel 100 - 101

Asura v Yaksha, epic fight of epic proportions most fitting for an event for the 100th chapter and such. Good cliffhanger placement.

1. Fairy Tail
2. One Piece
3. Bleach
4. Naruto
5. HxH

On the HxH side he drew Palm, that one teacher girl during the Hunter exam, and Paku. They didn't look very great either, except Palm when she changes.

I don't keep up with Bleach very much, but I still remember Rangiku, Nel, and Orihime very well.

One Piece has been getting more fanservice the more it goes on. Especially in the manga when they have their specials (I still remember One Piece Glorious Islands, holy moly Nami in that), or fillers.

789shadow

Banned
[quote="God's Beard!";93929449]Out of the big three, Bleach is the only one that gives me the impression that the author is having fun making comics.[/quote]
And now you're just fucking with us.

Sakuran (Tentative)

zlemiOp.png

This popped back up so I thought I'll give it a reread since I enjoyed it the first time.

And, I still do the second time. It's a nice oneshot about a boy who hates spring because he gets visited by an alien who makes him guess its name or it'll take him to its alien planet.

The little plot gets developed pretty nicely and I rather like the ending of it. Could it be a full series? Hard to tell, while it ends pretty nicely, it could keep going but it'll probably go the harem route and that would probably ruin how nice this one-shot is.

Soul Catcher(S) 6 and 7

This miniarc with the now conducter Kamine along with the three trumpets of sorts, Tokisaka, Souma, and Otowa with our favorite one on percussion, Utebi, is an excellent arc. I did have to look up the song because I had never heard of it before (Bugler's Holiday) just to get a feel of it and imagine that which they are playing, but it is a good chapter. I like the visuals of the hearts still and the visualization giving to the dad being way up on a high cliff and all of them deep in the chasm and needing to go through changing their playstyle to try to sway the father to their side. I hope they make it.

On the HxH side he drew Palm, that one teacher girl during the Hunter exam, and Paku. They didn't look very great either, except Palm when she changes.

I don't keep up with Bleach very much, but I still remember Rangiku, Nel, and Orihime very well.

One Piece has been getting more fanservice the more it goes on. Especially in the manga when they have their specials (I still remember One Piece Glorious Islands, holy moly Nami in that), or fillers.

As i said before OP just being equal to both male and females lol .
But yeah it's has more fan service now for the breast guys before it was all legs .
Still the anime does it to a next level compare to the manga .

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If only Oda can fix his waist issue then the women would actually look natural. That waist just creeps me out. Way to narrow for whats up top and dem legs. Think Robin is the closest to looking natural.

To be fair, that's a picture from the anime. They're not always on-model.
Though there a few manga instances that show how narrow Nami's waist is.

C'mon you can't say she's not sexy....

I think I understand why you like Toriko so much now Lele. ;b

LOL I'm not surprised you remembered them the most. But shockingly Orihime wasn't used in fanservice much if at all. Its usually Yoruichi, Rangiku or some other female character. Its kinda disappointing for me personally. >.> lol

On that note, Nami changing in the Train on the way to Enis Lobby still remains one of the most hilarious/sexy scenes of all time.

To be fair, that's a picture from the anime. They're not always on-model.
Though there a few manga instances that show how narrow Nami's waist is.

Yeah but even in the manga it shows most of the time.

Berserk 59-63

I don't usually comment much on this manga while reading it, but I have to say this. This manga really goes in-depth with the fun time scenes, if you catch my drift. I forgot which chapter, but the whole chapter was just the fun time scene with
Gatts and the women soldier
Most of the fun times aren't that fun though.

Korosenai

Raw is out, but no spoilers (as in I can't read japanese so i'm not really sure what is said and what happens)... but the chapter looks very interesting!

Basically from what I can tell,
Komatsu makes some food, Midora uses hungry space, enjoy the food and starts drooling, and then starts laughing for some reason while everyone looks in awe.

Berserk 64-140

It's time for my daily update on my Berserk reading.

So I have to say that Griffith is the biggest scum in all of the manga I've ever read. So let me get this straight. He sleeps with the princess only to get closer to being able to get the crown, so in other words he was only using her he didn't really care for her. This causes the king to go crazy and kill most of the Hawk Brigade. Griffith gets tortured for a whole year (in which now I think he deserved it). After realizing he won't be able to fight anymore since his muscles were stripped, he makes a deal with the demon gods to sacrifice all his soldiers to get power. After obtaining the power, he rapes the female soldier which makes the baby she was having turn evil. Which the baby was Gutt's before turning evil.

All in all, Griffith deserves whatever happens to him. I hope Gutts kicks his butt badly. That moment when he sacrificed his soldiers really showed his true colors that he didn't care for any of them. They were all just pawns for him to become a ruler. No wonder Gutts is so angry all the time. All his friends were killed, his lover got amnesia and his baby died, he lost his arm trying to save Griffith (the piece of crap), not to mention his terrible childhood, and now everyday he's pursued by monsters since he lived through the sacrifice. So mostly 90% of all the terrible things that's happened to him is because of Griffith. All this happening to one person would make anyone go mad.

Right now it seems Gutts will just be traveling, helping people out, exorcising demons, and trying to find Griffith and the other 4 gods. I'm so glad to see Puck back. He's like the only comic relief in the manga that gives some breathing room, between all the dark scenarios happening.

Something I personally like about the manga so far, is that most
every evil person so far has got there just desserts. Every person that does something bad always seem to get killed rightfully and brutally (except Griffith of course), I like that. I would hate to see any of the evil people in this manga have a happy ending or go off free.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Those waists are just his art style. Now, I personally think they look like creepy noodle people with weird skeleton heads, but it doesn't seem to bother most people, and as far as I can tell, its only the girls who look like that.

The more I think about it, the more I'm POSITIVE, that the Stern Ritter aren't going to be the final antagonistic group.

Between Kenpachi, Renji, Rukia, Byakuya, AND Ichigo. They're likely strong enough to solo the rest of the Stern Ritter, save for, obviously, Juhabach.

Renji just curbstomped a Sternritter who shitstomped two vizard captains in their bankai mode, effortlessly. Imagine how strong Ichigo is right now.

Then you have the rest of the captains + Urahara + Yoruichi + Grimmjow + The Royal Guard themselves!

That's not even enough for everyone to get a one-on-one fight! Quincys as they are, heavily outgunned and outnumbered. They were revealed way too early and getting their shit stomped in. Which leads me to believe that Bach has something else going on, seeing as he's perfectly willing to kill his subordinates for failure.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gun-jou 6

So much goddamn drama for a relay running manga, but I'm enjoying it. I enjoy the focus on the teacher's past running self and how her accident changed her life, but she does know that there are such things as disabled races right?

PK Gaming

Hatarakanai Futari

What's with japan using norway in stuff that is out of context? I've seen this crop up in a couple of different mangas now.
This manga is amazing

First Sakamoto now this, I think I should start checking up on this thread more often. Are there any more great comedy/slice of life mangas?

Those waists are just his art style. Now, I personally think they look like creepy noodle people with weird skeleton heads, but it doesn't seem to bother most people, and as far as I can tell, its only the girls who look like that.

Oda exaggerates a lot of body types in general, my only problem with his "sexy needle-waist woman" body type is that he uses it on way too many characters.

The more I think about it, the more I'm POSITIVE, that the Stern Ritter aren't going to be the final antagonistic group.

Between Kenpachi, Renji, Rukia, Byakuya, AND Ichigo. They're likely strong enough to solo the rest of the Stern Ritter, save for, obviously, Juhabach.

Renji just curbstomped a Sternritter who shitstomped two vizard captains in their bankai mode, effortlessly. Imagine how strong Ichigo is right now.

Then you have the rest of the captains + Urahara + Yoruichi + Grimmjow + The Royal Guard themselves!

That's not even enough for everyone to get a one-on-one fight! Quincys as they are, heavily outgunned and outnumbered. They were revealed way too early and getting their shit stomped in. Which leads me to believe that Bach has something else going on, seeing as he's perfectly willing to kill his subordinates for failure.

Bro I think you hit it on the dot. Kubo did an interview before starting this final arc. More chances of Aizen coming back. Kisuke wasn't doing nothing in HM either, there is a reason Orihime and Chad had to go to some ruins.

I'm thinking that Kubo is going to bring back Hollows in a big way. Not Arrancar but pure Hollows.

Veelk

Banned
Berserk 64-140

It's time for my daily update on my Berserk reading.

So I have to say that Griffith is the biggest scum in all of the manga I've ever read. So let me get this straight. He sleeps with the princess only to get closer to being able to get the crown, so in other words he was only using her he didn't really care for her. This causes the king to go crazy and kill most of the Hawk Brigade. Griffith gets tortured for a whole year (in which now I think he deserved it). After realizing he won't be able to fight anymore since his muscles were stripped, he makes a deal with the demon gods to sacrifice all his soldiers to get power. After obtaining the power, he rapes the female soldier which makes the baby she was having turn evil. Which the baby was Gutt's before turning evil.

All in all, Griffith deserves whatever happens to him. I hope Gutts kicks his butt badly. That moment when he sacrificed his soldiers really showed his true colors that he didn't care for any of them. They were all just pawns for him to become a ruler. No wonder Gutts is so angry all the time. All his friends were killed, his lover got amnesia and his baby died, he lost his arm trying to save Griffith (the piece of crap), not to mention his terrible childhood, and now everyday he's pursued by monsters since he lived through the sacrifice. So mostly 90% of all the terrible things that's happened to him is because of Griffith. All this happening to one person would make anyone go mad.

Right now it seems Gutts will just be traveling, helping people out, exorcising demons, and trying to find Griffith and the other 4 gods. I'm so glad to see Puck back. He's like the only comic relief in the manga that gives some breathing room, between all the dark scenarios happening.

Something I personally like about the manga so far, is that most
every evil person so far has got there just desserts. Every person that does something bad always seem to get killed rightfully and brutally (except Griffith of course), I like that. I would hate to see any of the evil people in this manga have a happy ending or go off free.

The fascinating thing about Griffith is that
you couldn't be more wrong about his feelings toward his army. He loved the Hawks. He cared for them very deeply. If he didn't, the sacrifice would not have happened, because it requires that you love the person you are sacrificing.

This person in the Berserk thread explains it better than I do.

Great thing about Berserk is that it has truly complex characters that grip you deeply.

zlcDds1.png

How is Senor Pink getting these women all over him?

Is it the binky? The shirt? His attitude?

There's so many fight opportunities in this arc. Zoro vs Fujitora, Sabo vs Burgess, Franky vs Senor Pink.....

Naruto

The Gedo Mazo again?
It would be really annoying to see the Tailed Beasts get absorbed again right after being freed like five chapters ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom