• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amano's deaigns are unrivaled. She was born to draw with color and in elDLIVE it really shows. Im really digging it. Its a damn shame we only got a dozen or so volumes in yhe US of Reborn. A microcosm of the manga market here....

You're tellin' me! I bought all 16 volumes they put out in the US and it was only like a few months after volume 16 came out that I realized Viz wasn't putting the manga out here anymore. I was so mad.

Aizo

Banned
Amano's deaigns are unrivaled. She was born to draw with color and in elDLIVE it really shows. Im really digging it. Its a damn shame we only got a dozen or so volumes in yhe US of Reborn. A microcosm of the manga market here....

tumblr_m70gqeVyoY1qix40mo1_1280.png
d4Gagsl.png
yW8LFeH.jpg

What do you like so much about them, or do you only like her designs in elDLIVE? I disliked a lot of them in Reborn, for sure.
elDLIVE's protagonist still looks like a twerp
The world needs less volumes of Reborn, so I'll disagree with you there. It's everything wrong with shōnen manga. It obvious that Amano never had any idea what she was doing with the "plot."

kasane

Now that i think about it i didn't really finish rave master. Gotta go read it i guess.

i guess i should also get those vizbig editions of vagabond

What do you like so much about them, or do you only like her designs in elDLIVE? I disliked a lot of them in Reborn, for sure.
The world needs less volumes of Reborn, so I'll disagree with you there. It's everything wrong with shōnen manga. It obvious that Amano never had any idea what she was doing with the "plot."

Those fucking babies. Why did I read so much of this shite?

There is a uniqueness and style that is not found regularly in Jump. elDLIVE is a lot more radical though. I implore everyone to give it a chance. And the main character's design is only used to setup the juxtaposition between the other characters.
Those fucking babies. Why did I read so much of this shite?
It's not like you paid for it or anything brah.

Aizo

Banned
There is a uniqueness and style that is not found regularly in Jump. elDLIVE is a lot more radical though. I implore everyone to give it a chance. And the main character's design is only used to setup the juxtaposition between the other characters.

Key words here are "in Jump."
What else are you reading? There are much better things that you could read outside of Jump. I'm not saying that Jump is bad, but if you are looking for something unique, you should probably be reading from serializations different publications and magazines: Comic Beam, Young Animal, Ikki, Erotics F, Big Comic Spirits, Morning/Afternoon/Evening, or Harta.

What else are you reading? There are much better things that you could read outside of Jump. I'm not saying that Jump is bad, but if you are looking for something unique, you should probably be reading from serializations different publications and magazines: Comic Beam, Young Animal, Ikki, Erotics F, Big Comic Spirits, Morning/Afternoon/Evening, or Harta.
Believe me brah, there is no need to lecture me on the wonders of manga out there. Not a day goes buy where I don't discover something interesting I want to read. There is oodles of fabulous stories out there. But my convictions to support the mangaka and read in print are stronger than this sense of wonder. Since I want to be a comic superstar how can I in good faith read online and allow leeches to profit? I will learn new languages and support my dreams and I will be rewarded. But for now I am stuck with whatever is released in this pathetic market and carry the burdens of those who read Naruto and Bleach every week while posting "why i still read dis mangsit sucks."

Isnt he a huge proponent for Silver Spoon.

Cerity

^its his own anxiety that makes him think that heh. I probably should read the beginning again, there's huge gaps in chapter release/scans.

neoanarch

Dirty Christ Superstar

Glad someone translated it, it looked interesting based of the few pages I saw of the original. Its about an actor who once gained fame from being the lead in the Jesus Christ Superstar Broadway production. But is now homeless and back in Japan.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Clearly I need to brush up on my loli
mother knowledge.

Even without the spoiler this sentence is still terrible.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
A lot of nakedness this week...

Fairy Tail

Not even shocked they stripped Erza and Mirajane after they captured them. Otherwise suddenly Natsu became smart?

HSDK

Hey look naked Shigure, and now the person they're looking for might be a woman? I wonder when she'll lose her clothes...sigh.

A town where you're awkward 1-2

Could the main protagonist be any more annoying? Seriously both chapters all of the problems have come about because he's dumb and awkward. This story seems to be setting up Eba to take over the main love interest role from Kazaki or to have Eba help hook them up while Haruto feels conflicted ala school days. Art is alright but story needs to pick up soon and stop being awkward situations made from nothing but Haruto being Haruto.

Chouritsu Houmuru Zyklus;CODE 5

Epic old man action throwing the music box all the way to the car and even jumping lots of feet in this was hilarious. Disappointed it was the end of the volume :(

Zyklus CODE is still an entertaining mix of music and action, hopefully more big setpieces in the next volume for Rentarou and Petrauchka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom