• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Do we have a smut/hentai manga thread? lol

Probably not as I would have joined by now. But Evilore wouldn't be happy with that.

Anyways I have a serious question guys.

Which manga should I start reading to begin 2014? 2 suggestions per person only please and only from this list.

1. GTO Shonan 14 day
2. Toriko (left it around chapter 50)
3. The World Only God Knows
4. Magi
5. Nisekoi
GTO and Toriko

neoanarch

Battle Angel Alita: Last Order or GUNNM: Last Order or 銃夢 LastOrder is ending soon. Is anyone current? Is it worth reading? I read the original series, and became disinterested in the sequel after a volume or two because it wasn't going in a direction that I was hoping for.

Do they leave Earth? Are questions answered? Is it good?

(Source)

Oh man I thought you were just reporting old news as thats been known for a few weeks now. The real news is that he is launching a new manga BAA The Martian War Chronicles.

Aizo

Banned
Oh man I thought you were just reporting old news as thats been known for a few weeks now. The real news is that he is launching a new manga BAA The Martian War Chronicles.

excuse_me_princess_by_ryuunake98-d3it50q.gif

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i started reading minamoter errrr...i mean aunts tits until the current chapter. Even tough the story is basically of a teenager trying to get it on with every woman he comes across there's something that makes it strangely compelling. Sure most of it is smut of the highest caliber but i dunno i guess i wanna know what happens next so will keep reading,

That's quite a steady schedule, not Hippo or Reborn but quite respectable.
I mean it leave time to read something else for anyone who's not an hardcore fan.
I mean I read Hunter x Hunter.

Manga and the US....always good for a laugh I say :p
I hope you get them some time in the future....

Oh and Crimsonlink, pick Toriko.
It's ungodly stupid but not badly made.
Woah, woah, woah, woah. Ippo is licensed jn France? Surprised its not released in Spanish anywhere...

Akito

Are you saying LO is not worth reading? Bullshit. it is completely worth reading and is a fantastic manga. Yes it might have felt like it dragged on too much. But I blame that on the hiatuses and slow translations. The middle part is really great when you sit down and just read instead of having to wait months for a new chapter.

In fact its worth reading for the art alone as I feel its a huge improvement over the first part and has some of the best spreads in all of manga.
I was responding to Aizo and as he didn't like first volumes, chances are the others won't do anything for him as well. But I guess I should have clarified that.

Are you saying SmutGAF isn't doing their job?

Mael

Woah, woah, woah, woah. Ippo is licensed jn France? Surprised its not released in Spanish anywhere...

Well yeah for quite some time now.
It's getting a monthly release or something so it's already to a ridiculous number of volume like 20 or something
It's actually vol 19 by Kurokawa from something like 12/12/2013.

edit : It's actually Volume 19 of the 3rd season or whatever way they choose to split it.

Volume 18 of Season 1 was released in something like 2008

Well yeah for quite some time now.
It's getting a monthly release or something so it's already to a ridiculous number of volume like 20 or something
It's actually vol 19 by Kurokawa from something like 12/12/2013.

edit : It's actually Volume 19 of the 3rd season or whatever way they choose to split it.

Volume 18 of Season 1 was released in something like 2008
Goddam. Timeto hit the books. Ippois has always been one of my holy grail series to own...

Mael

Goddam. Timeto hit the books. Ippois has always been one of my holy grail series to own...

Good luck finding the whole Season 1 since it's been quite some time I don't know if Kadokawa are any good at reprinting....
Still we're catching up at an alarming rate something like 10 to 12 volumes a year o_O

LeleSocho

Banned
OH OH OH OH I GOT IT!
When i was showering 10 minutes ago i said to myself: "aaaah l'acqua è magnifica così calda anche se poi l'aria si appanna tutta quanta"
then it came to mind that with those i could actually do at least a top 5 of 2013 so there it is.

1st/2nd: ARIA/AQUA
3rd: Amanchu!
4th: OPM ONE
5th: Koe no Katachi

He also never explained WHO THE FUCK took care of Naruto as a baby and why the Third didn't take him in? Why the fuck did he tell the villagers of his jinchuuriki status, knowing they'd hate him? Why didn't Tobi return after the fox was sealed? If the Uzumaki are so famous, why didn't anyone connect the dots when he called his last name? Minato said if "people knew who you are you'd be in danger". From WHO? The Rock ninja in the Third War he practically soloed? They pretty much show ZERO hostility or grudge against Naruto because Minato is his father.

The manga has had so many asspulls now that the characterization and fighting int he pre-timeskip makes no sense compared to post time skip.

Naruto was mistreated because he was a host, yet they are the viliages ultimate deterrent and peacekeeper? Why was he not trained to understand what he was and how to use it long before? And why would they hate hosts when two Hokage's wives were hosts with no issues? Hosts from the same damn family as him?

And if his family was so well known, why was he clueless about it, same as everyone else pre-timeskip? Imagine if Neji had fought him knowing what we know of his family now.

Lets not even go into power creep. It's just....damn.

scy

The Breaker: New Waves 142 - Some stuff happened but, really, the New Years color page is all that matters.

Baby Steps 199 - Already cornered Okada? Maybe he has another trump card I guess.

Heysoos

Akame ga KILL 1-44

Please... Please don't
kill Mein.
:(

Other than that, I really enjoy this series, especially Esdese. Seems like the enemies just keep getting stronger and stronger with constant reinforcements though. :/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Breaker: New Waves 142 - Some stuff happened but, really, the New Years color page is all that matters.

Baby Steps 199 - Already cornered Okada? Maybe he has another trump card I guess.

Okada already released his bankai.

Probably not as I would have joined by now. But Evilore wouldn't be happy with that.

Anyways I have a serious question guys.

Which manga should I start reading to begin 2014? 2 suggestions per person only please and only from this list.

1. GTO Shonan 14 day
2. Toriko (left it around chapter 50)
3. The World Only God Knows
4. Magi
5. Nisekoi
I am quite biased
Toriko is currently in a month break after finishing "part 1", so you wouldn't have any more perfect time to start.
But I would say this is a reasonable answer with Magi as a close second

If you hate your life then you'd read Nisekoi

Quixzlizx

To Love Ru Darkness 38.5

They should just rename the Galactic Mail Order Catalog the ACME catalog.

Buyuden 1-87

Does this start picking up again? I was all hyped up for Take joining the boxing club of ultimate champions, and then suddenly the series turns into Bad News Boxers and my shounen boner has completely deflated.

upandaway

Prison School 56

My sides hurt. His reaction to the commando was so good.

Also eating in 20 minutes is where I would have broken down and asked for expulsion myself. No way I go through that torture!

retcon 62

I would totally read a manga about arms wrestling.

Nordicus

Mahou Tsukai no Yome 1

A perpetually unfortunate young girl with untapped magical powers gets bought by a (seemingly) kind and gentlemanly sorcerer with a skull for a head who plans on making this girl both his apprentice and his bride. I think this has some tremendous potential

Mahou Tsukai no Yome 1
Potential OTP in the making.

A young slave girl is bought at auction by a rather bizarre looking sorcerer, who senses the latent talent in her and decides to make her into his apprentice
and his wife
. Primarily this is (on first impressions) a story about a relationship rather than magical power levels, and it's easily the most promising series I've scouted this, er, year.

Edit:
Mahou Tsukai no Yome 1
Good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom